Today's the day!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by jimnyc, Feb 5, 2006.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    The trash talking is over and it's time for the big game. I've already got my 2 Terrible Towels on the TV and have taken out my official Steelers helmet (yep, the same one the players wear!)

I'm usually very superstitious but today is special so I'm bringing out all of my stuff to bring me luck! Got my Bettis jersey ready with my official sidelines long sleeve T underneath. I bought a tie while in Pittsburgh in 1998 and I'm going to open it for the first time. My doggie wears his Steelers collar today and gets walked with his Steelers leash. I also bought a flag in Pitt which has been flying outside my house for the past 2 weeks. My 5 year old will be wearing his jersey, and I'm going to have my wife wear an old Kendrell Bell jersey. All cold and hot drinks will be served in Steelers cups and mugs. And yep, I'm wearing my Steelers boxers underneath as well! Anyone want a pic? :)

Now the wait is on though and I'm sure it'll feel like a week before the game gets here at 6:30.

Best of luck to Seattle and I hope the game is played fairly and injury free. Best of luck to you Seahawk fans as well! Enjoy the game!

And most of all - :gs:

2. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    That's a nice gesture and all - and you'll need all the luck you can get after Seattle blows them out by at least 20points... :)

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Hey, I don't know the 'players' so I'm sure I'll just check into the game now and then to find out which of my 'friends' will be up or down later. :D What I'm really interested in, what are you guys making for munchies? :laugh:

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    LOL! Jim, just saw the banner, one of the perks of ownership! :beer:

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Good luck Jimbo. Last year for me was totally intense and nerveracking. I was sitting there in disbelief at the half when it was stll only 7-7. You are not going to enjoy the game unless Pitt is way ahead. Im just speaking from last years experience with the Eagles in it. I was on edge the whole game.

:gs:

6. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I tell ya - you are a TRUE fan, what with all that stuff just to root for the 2nd place team. :D

7. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Just what I was thinking, Kathianne! :D

I'm making Creamy Black Bean Salsa for my husband.

Oh, and sorry Jim. I just found out, since the Bengals didn't make it, we are rooting for the Seahawks.

Go Seattle!

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well I was going to make Shrimp Creole for my dad, but my brother invited him over. My guess, he'll go, since I will only run down for commercials and half time! :laugh:

9. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I think i'll watch the match this night (France Télévision shows it from 11 PM to 5 AM, first time).

I heard that the Seattle's Seahawks has a reputation of looser team. Is it true ? I think if they're in Superbowl, they 're good.

i don't know the level of the team in US football, so i have no idea about them and I don't know who support. :dunno:

For you, and without the fan-side, who will probably win ? who is the favorite ? (of course, a favorite can lose...France lost today against Scotland in Rugby in VI Nations tournament and was ultra-favorite, and France won the Europe championship of handball against Spain, the favorite team).

any idea ?

Thanks, and if I don't "see" you before the game, enjoy a lot and have a nice match !!!!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Jim being from East is for Steelers. dmp et al are from the more leftist west coast aka as seattleville. Who owns? :laugh: