Hey leftists, please give me ONE reason to trust the government to do ANYTHING...

Better? What the fuck are you talking about?

You never answered what government in the world is better than ours

I wasn't aware I made a point like that. Really grasping at straws aren't you?

So let me get this straight....you morons are providing a false dilemma of...

"If you don't love it, go somewhere else." and that is your argument? Right? Am I getting this correct?

It is a simple point..

You obviously believe the US Government is a tyranny

Do you believe that EVERY govt on earth is a tyranny? If not, you must be able to name one that you prefer to the US. It should not be that hard

Name the Govt. we should model ourselves after

the first thing they would criticize is the power corporations

Really? I think they'd be more impressed. They were mostly business owners after all. What would probably revile them would be the unions and government intervention in every day life.

and special interests have gained

Really, how the hell do you think grievances are redressed when you can't leave your place of business, but can afford to pay someone to address your needs. What possibly could be grumpy about is the corruption they have engendered in politicians who steal from the citizens to give to the rich.

...that is not an enumerated power. I'll wait.

That's a troll question if ever I saw one. Where in the Constitution is space travel "enumerated"??
You're right. It isn't. Therefore should government money been expended for it by that criterion? No, it shouldn't have, unless you stretch the idea of transportation development to cover it. I can't say that there hasn't been good outcomes from it, but at the same time, could it not have been better accomplished by the private sector? That's up for debate.

Government is as evil as the people who are elected to it. We always get the government we deserve and if our hearts are ruled by evil, as a nation, our representatives will reflect that as well.

That being said, till this current crop of counter establishment electees proves they're different, our government will reflect a lot of evil and greed and envy in our hearts.

There is nothing wrong for living for yourself

Effect/cause.

The founders built a government that the people control

They left us the levers of power and a living document with which to navigate the future.

I dont understand why the right hates the fact that they left the people in control.

$1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” and they only want more.

bullshit

not bullshit.

Hey, I'm with you guys. Fuck the poor. Like the Republican leadership says, "Feed them and they'll breed". We have to starve them out of existence.

What famous person or war hero ever came from the poor? What Nobel winning scientist's parents were poor? Our really great leaders, like George Bush and John McCain came from rich families, like it should be.

And what about all those Middle Class Republicans whose jobs were moved to China? At least they see how important it is the Republicans they elected needed to move their jobs to China and what it's done for the country. Do you see them on welfare and food stamps?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnK84mM5N-o&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U[/ame]

So obviously, the only government you can trust are Republicans because you know exactly whose side they are on and what they are expected to do. Thank Gawd for the Republican leadership. They are the reason the Republican base has the perspective it has.

Last edited by a moderator:
The founders built a government that the people control

They left us the levers of power and a living document with which to navigate the future.

I dont understand why the right hates the fact that they left the people in control.
And when moral reprobates and criminals have their hands on those levers which has been the case to some degree or another for the last 80 years... yep... you get the mess we're in. Overspending, over taxation, oppressive laws, graft, special interest corruption, entitlement junkies and thieves thieves thieves abound.

Last edited:
You never answered what government in the world is better than ours

"If you don't love it, go somewhere else." and that is your argument? Right? Am I getting this correct?

It is a simple point..

Do you believe that EVERY govt on earth is a tyranny? If not, you must be able to name one that you prefer to the US. It should not be that hard

How about the one our founders envisioned? You know, limited in scope, with a narrow set of powers, those not explicit left to the states, answerable to the people, service in Congress being a part-time endeavor..... where Federal agencies aren't empowered to essentially regulate the masses.

And I'm sure I'll get some rant about people of color being 1/5 of a person... wait for it.

Ok, what part of article 1 section 8 do you not understand, and i'll gladly explain it to you.

Oh I dont know though...just to scratch the surface.

The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775 You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
It's not broke.

Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.
It worked fine until the housing crisis.

War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” and they only want more.
Bullshit.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965.. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.
Then tell it to the scientific and medical profession which continues to come up with ways to increase life expectancy by necessary and expensive tools and drugs.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.
See above.

The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It
has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
Oil remains the most prolific and easiest to extract form of energy, so it's a no-brainer that the pursuit for more of it would be ongoing.

Someone emailed me that so yeah I copy pasted it. It's all true, so why trust government?

I thought you were talking about enumerated power according to the Constitution. No? Because your list is legally covered by the caveat found at the end of Section 8:

"To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof."

The framers weren't stupid enough to place limitations on their broad categories.

No we don't have any semblance to that government

We abolished slavery
We allow women to vote
We provide a basic safety net for our people
We look out for the less fortunate
We have established a global economy
We protect civil rights

They don't care about any of that,

Those are the things they think are wrong with this country.

You don't honestly believe that do you? Anything that is changed to the constitution that goes through the amendment process IS legitimate. ANYTHING. No liberty minded American can deny that.

It is the things changed that DOES NOT go through the legal amendment process that we have issue with, as should any intelligent American.

Oh really?

I've been watching the political process for a long time and I've lived longer than African-Americans have even been relatively free in this country .. I don't remember conservatives or so-called constitutionalists at the forefront of any of the social changes in America. In fact, they've stood in opposition to them.

You personally may have no problem with things constitutionally changed, but that is not the sentiment of the "government is evil" fad. They want to take things out of the constitution. Hell, many of them still arguing against civil rughts laws.

Ok, what part of article 1 section 8 do you not understand, and i'll gladly explain it to you.

Oh I dont know though...just to scratch the surface.

The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775 You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
It's not broke.

Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.
It worked fine until the housing crisis.

War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to “the poor” and they only want more.
Bullshit.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965.. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.
Then tell it to the scientific and medical profession which continues to come up with ways to increase life expectancy by necessary and expensive tools and drugs.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.
See above.

The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It
has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
Oil remains the most prolific and easiest to extract form of energy, so it's a no-brainer that the pursuit for more of it would be ongoing.

Someone emailed me that so yeah I copy pasted it. It's all true, so why trust government?

I thought you were talking about enumerated power according to the Constitution. No? Because your list is legally covered by the caveat found at the end of Section 8:

"To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof."

The framers weren't stupid enough to place limitations on their broad categories.

Yes, they did. Necessary and Proper only refers to powers enumerated elsewhere in the Constitution.

Why, yes, I am familiar with that particular article and section, it contains all three of the things I mentioned above.

Liberty said:

This is, of course, where the conversation goes.
You didn't claim anything above was unconstitutional, you're just saying a bunch of stuff is "Broke." Some of it really is, most of it is just hyperbole. But lacking is the mention of constitutionality of any of it.

I'm saying its unconstitutional as well, thats why it doesn't work. None of that is in the enumerated powers or the amendments, so again I ask, please convince me to trust the federal government. Thanks.

Frankly, I don't think anyone gives a shit if you trust the federal government or not. Obviously, no matter what they do you wouldn't, so again, you're just trolling for attention. Bye.

It is a simple point..

How about the one our founders envisioned? You know, limited in scope, with a narrow set of powers, those not explicit left to the states, answerable to the people, service in Congress being a part-time endeavor..... where Federal agencies aren't empowered to essentially regulate the masses.

And I'm sure I'll get some rant about people of color being 1/5 of a person... wait for it.

We have a form of government that is superior to the one the founding fathers envisioned. One where all are treated equally, one that has established itself as the most powerful on earth, one that is the envy of the rest of the world

They don't care about any of that,

Those are the things they think are wrong with this country.

You don't honestly believe that do you? Anything that is changed to the constitution that goes through the amendment process IS legitimate. ANYTHING. No liberty minded American can deny that.

It is the things changed that DOES NOT go through the legal amendment process that we have issue with, as should any intelligent American.

Oh really?

I've been watching the political process for a long time and I've lived longer than African-Americans have even been relatively free in this country .. I don't remember conservatives or so-called constitutionalists at the forefront of any of the social changes in America. In fact, they've stood in opposition to them.

You personally may have no problem with things constitutionally changed, but that is not the sentiment of the "government is evil" fad. They want to take things out of the constitution. Hell, many of them still arguing against civil rughts laws.

"Government is evil" is a notion thrown out there by the left to disparage those of us on the right. We have a healthy skepticism of government, and why not? Take a look at history, every society that has collapsed has done so due primarily to the excesses of government.

And there is that thing that we'd rather be in control of our destiny rather than having some bureaucrat mandating everything from our diet to our sleep habits.

Last edited:
It is a simple point..

We have a form of government that is superior to the one the founding fathers envisioned. One where all are treated equally, one that has established itself as the most powerful on earth, one that is the envy of the rest of the world

Well, that didn't take long...

It is a simple point..

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

FAR superior to that of the Founding "Fathers."

FAR superior to our government of the 40's and 50's

It is a simple point..

Superior in some ways, no argument there. Inferior in many more ways.

Forum List

Back