Hey, I want to change my name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kooshdakhaa

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2011
Alaska
I want to change my name. When I joined up I didn't put a lot of thought into my name and now I want to change it.

Liability has told me I'm stupid because I didn't understand that he has a different name now and even though his join date says February 2013, that's not the actual date he joined. It's just the date he got his new name.

So apparently we can change our name and still keep our rep, like Liability did, but get a new join date.

So, how do I do that?

Last edited:
I want to change my name. When I joined up I didn't put a lot of thought into my name and now I want to change it.

Liability has told me I'm stupid because I didn't understand that he has a different name now and even though his join date says February 2013, that's not the actual date he joined. It's just the date he got his new name.

So apparently we can change our name and still keep our rep, like Liability did, but get a new join date.

So, how do I do that?

When Liability rejoined under IlarMeilyr he had zero rep.

There are a few other posters who have done that, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

Come to think of it, there are a few other posters who did change their name.

So, how do I do that?

There are a few other posters who have done that, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

Are you sure he started with zero rep as IlarMeilyr? Because when I pointed out on another thread how I thought it reflected poorly on the forum that someone as nasty as him could have 1307 rep points and only be here since February 2013, Zona said this:

You see, he lost a bet with me. he at first honored that bet but came back as a different person....a sock.....and that is how he still has his reps. He made some kind of deal with the mods it seems to keep his rep, but lose the name Liability.

And IlarMeilyr responded to me thusly:

I think it says a lot about your ignorance to believe that I have only been here since February 2013.

I used to be the member with the username of "Liability."

Your stupidity is not valued.

He's such a nice person.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on whether or not you've got a friend who's a mod.

If so, they should be able to do it for you easily.

If not? Guess you're on your own.

Me? I seriously consider what I'm going to be called, and if it reflects what I think and believe, before signing up on a messageboard.

Just curious..but what do ya wanna change it to?

Well, when I orginally came here I was a refugee from another forum. I didn't use the name I had there because I didn't want them to follow me and start their bullshit with me on this forum.

But the name I had there was hannah6. And that is what I would change my name to. Kooshdakhaa is cumbersome and not really "me." : )

They used to call the little stories I'd tell "hannecdotes." I liked that. : ) Some of them liked me. In fact, two of them are here. Two of the nice ones. : )

Me? I seriously consider what I'm going to be called, and if it reflects what I think and believe, before signing up on a messageboard.

I guess you are a biker and a sailor, then, huh? : )

I didn't think I'd be staying here this long. And Kooshdakhaa is actually a very cool name. Google it, you'll see. : )

I was just surprised to learn you could even change your name here, and retain your rep points in the process.

You shouldn't need a mod who's "a friend," the rules should be the same for everybody.

Last edited:

So, how do I do that?

Are you sure he started with zero rep as IlarMeilyr?

Because when I pointed out on another thread how I thought it reflected poorly on the forum that someone as nasty as him could have 1307 rep points and only be here since February 2013, Zona said this:

You see, he lost a bet with me. he at first honored that bet but came back as a different person....a sock.....and that is how he still has his reps. He made some kind of deal with the mods it seems to keep his rep, but lose the name Liability.

I think it says a lot about your ignorance to believe that I have only been here since February 2013.

He's such a nice person.

Yes.

I probably shouldn't post this. But, as I say, WTF?

I made a bet. I lost the bet (when the President got re-elected) and therefore I left USMB which was the consequence of the bet.

It has been noted that I thereby honored a bet with a former member who had already gone (or been perma-banned). I figured that I had made the bet and even if zona was gone, I was stuck with paying it off. Otherwise I would be a welshing sumbitch.

Now, though, I wonder if my honoring of the bet is sufficient?

If I were to return here, would it/should it be considered welshing?

I saw that some folks had already weighed in on that topic and believe that it would not be welshing since zona was already gone before the election. Some of the folks who have taken that position are even on the "other" side of the political spectrum from where I stand.

But I remain curious. It kind of feels to me like it would still be a welsh. (Even this post, itself, feels a little bit like a welsh to me.)

This calls for a POLL!

Thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/274400-liability-wtf.html

Last edited:

I guess you are a biker and a sailor, then, huh? : )

I didn't think I'd be staying here this long. And Kooshdakhaa is actually a very cool name. Google it, you'll see. : )

I was just surprised to learn you could even change your name here, and retain your rep points in the process.

You shouldn't need a mod who's "a friend," the rules should be the same for everybody.

Yep.......................spent over 8 years on a bicycle (and over 100,000 miles) while serving in the U.S. Navy, and also owned a Harley (which I took on no less than 3 trips to Sturgis), and retired after over 20 years.

I'm always gonna be a Sailor, and currently (at age 49) I still ride a bicycle over 5 miles/day when I can.

Didn't think I'd stay here this long? What? Are you trying to get me outta here? Sorry, but I've been here quite a while.

And yeah...................you're right..................the rules should be the same for everyone, but sadly, they're just like what they are for Congress.....................if you have the right connections and the right amount of juice, things are easy for you.

If not? Suffer and deal with what you've got.

Are you sure he started with zero rep as IlarMeilyr?

Because when I pointed out on another thread how I thought it reflected poorly on the forum that someone as nasty as him could have 1307 rep points and only be here since February 2013, Zona said this:

He's such a nice person.

Yes.

I probably shouldn't post this. But, as I say, WTF?

I made a bet. I lost the bet (when the President got re-elected) and therefore I left USMB which was the consequence of the bet.

It has been noted that I thereby honored a bet with a former member who had already gone (or been perma-banned). I figured that I had made the bet and even if zona was gone, I was stuck with paying it off. Otherwise I would be a welshing sumbitch.

Now, though, I wonder if my honoring of the bet is sufficient?

If I were to return here, would it/should it be considered welshing?

I saw that some folks had already weighed in on that topic and believe that it would not be welshing since zona was already gone before the election. Some of the folks who have taken that position are even on the "other" side of the political spectrum from where I stand.

But I remain curious. It kind of feels to me like it would still be a welsh. (Even this post, itself, feels a little bit like a welsh to me.)

This calls for a POLL!

Thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/274400-liability-wtf.html

Aha. Well that explains the name; "Ilar Meilyr" is Welsh for "cheerful prince" :lol:

I love this folklore history crap.

So, how do I do that?

He didn't get to keep his reps. He had 3,535 rep power under the Liability name, and only has 1,311 power under Ilar Meilyr.

Well, some have changed their name only and kept the rep and everything else.

Liability did change his name and he started over with a new account with zero rep. His old account was locked.

Apparently both of the above are allowed although I'm not sure of the rules here as I haven't seen them on this issue.

I always use the same ID everywhere so it doesn't matter to me.

And I think your user ID is pretty cool anyway.

Message a mod, they can change your name, you will be able to keep your rep points.

Liability didn't change his name, he closed that account and started a brand new one under the IlyarMeilyr name.

There have been a few names changes done here. You can post a little note in your siggy letting people know your former name, if you don't want people to think you're new.

So, how do I do that?

Your name can be changed, and keep your rep points, as Z-Boing pointed out. :)
Go ahead and PM Admin, or even myself, or any of the other mods, and make a request to change your username. :)

So, how do I do that?

wv8yll.jpg

I was here as Grace. Came back a few months ago as Gracie and started from scratch all over again. :eusa_angel:

So, how do I do that?

Are you sure he started with zero rep as IlarMeilyr? Because when I pointed out on another thread how I thought it reflected poorly on the forum that someone as nasty as him could have 1307 rep points and only be here since February 2013, Zona said this:

He's such a nice person.

You know what, fuck you and your neg rep. Okay, I was at rep power 317 when I posted this, let's see what happens after I dare to challenge the mighty Sunshine.

:lol:

Nice people abound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back