Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll

Beats Perry, Bachmann etc.

In the words of Private Oppend from "Saving Private Ryan" "What is going on here?"

Of course he did, he was the only one who participated, Perry, Romney and Bachmann did not participate, they were not even on the ballot. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Herman Cain is a great guy, but don't give these straw polls any weight, they mean nothing.

But with samplings that small, they are easy to maniplate.

So Ron Paul has won the last couple of CPAC straw polls, Bachmann won Ames and Hermanator won Florida... but seriously, none of these people are going to be the nominee.

Hell, I'll go one further, by the time Iowa and New Hampshire are over, this thing is going to be down to Romney and Perry, and people will be asking how we got stuck with these two idiots.
Maybe, just maybe...people are so fed up with the manipulation by the media and both the parties that this election will set them on thier ears. People are thinking and acting against the so-called conventional wisdom.

I think the digging at each other (Perry and Romney) will become reviled and they will knock each other out.

I don't think so.

I think more likely, the GOP Establishment in cahoots with the MSM, will foist Romney on us before we ever realize what hit us. And then Romney will lose to Obama because Evagelicals won't vote for a Mormon. We might even see a third party representing the TEA movement.

Yes and you are the bigot who thinks God has assigned you to sit in judgement on another's religion.

John Kennedy was said not to be electable by bigots like you because he was Catholic and what happened there.? He was elected, you can drop your self-rightous bigotry, because it's just not going to fly and btw I am a christian who has talked to many a christian about Mitt Romney and there are millions that will support him.

What's going to happen with you when a Jew decides they well run for POTUS- do the same thing and trash them?

So, if Cain wins the nomination, will criticism of his views be called racist rhetoric?
Well let's see. Is calling him a rat criticism of his views or a racist dehumanization of him? We have been told your MessiahRushie is called a racist because he criticizes Obama's policies.

October 9, 2008
RUSH: I call Obama a squirrel. What's a squirrel? Nothing but a rat with better PR.

Last edited:

In the words of Private Oppend from "Saving Private Ryan" "What is going on here?"

Of course he did, he was the only one who participated, Perry, Romney and Bachmann did not participate, they were not even on the ballot. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Herman Cain is a great guy, but don't give these straw polls any weight, they mean nothing.

Actually Perry and Bachmann did actively campaign in Florida and Perry had been projected to win it. (I don't think Bachmann probably actively competed in that straw poll and I know Romney didn't. Perry made a point to criticize Romney because he did not.)

Cain's win was legitimate.

Last edited:

Actually Perry and Bachmann did actively campaign in Florida and Perry had been projected to win it. (I don't think Bachmann probably actively competed in that straw poll and I know Romney didn't. Perry made a point to criticize Romney because he did not.)

Cain is the guy that just has solutions and answers with very little baggage...in fact his only baggage may even be faux rage baggage (the muslim thing).

Cain is the guy that just has solutions and answers with very little baggage...in fact his only baggage may even be faux rage baggage (the muslim thing).

The 'Muslim' thing comes from inexperience on the political scene. When given a chance to put that into full context, few of us would disagree with him. He seems to be a quick study though and seems to be much more aware of the 'gotcha' kinds of questions and is more careful how he answers them. This is not being disingenuous but rather being aware of how easy it is to be misunderstood and how your opponents don't give a damn what you meant. They only care how they can make a statement LOOK to your disadvantage.

And the numbnuts--some right here on USMB--will keep repeating the soundbites they develop around that misstatement to try to drive it home.

We have long wished for elected leaders we could trust to be open and honest. I despair that we will ever have that as long as the supporters are willing to be so blatantly dishonest.

I understand what cain was saying and why he said it in reference to hiring a person who self-identifies as Muslim into his cabinet.

I actually don't disagree with him, in light of recent history and statements from the leaders of Islam, having his position. I just hope he applies it equally to all people, not just muslims, because there are many non-muslim anti-american americans too ;).

The way he explained it made total sense which is why its not holding me back personally but I have come to expect less from my fellow americans as of late and many, even in this very thread, have proved that they aren't interested in intentions only in destruction of those who stand in the way of their ideology.

So, if Cain wins the nomination, will criticism of his views be called racist rhetoric?
Well let's see. Is calling him a rat criticism of his views or a racist dehumanization of him? We have been told your MessiahRushie is called a racist because he criticizes Obama's policies.

October 9, 2008
RUSH: I call Obama a squirrel. What's a squirrel? Nothing but a rat with better PR.
Context is everything. Next time? Why don't you quote the entire quote?

" Obama calls McCain 'erratic.' Well, I call Obama a squirrel. What's a squirrel? Nothing but a rat with better PR."

October 9, 2008

" Obama calls McCain 'erratic.' Well, I call Obama a squirrel. What's a squirrel? Nothing but a rat with better PR."

Ed doesn't do context. Believe me I've tried. He just plucks the quotation out of context from some leftwing "I hate Rush" site and posts it over and over and over. I think I mentioned that some folks do that to people on message boards and don't care how dishonest it might be.

"Obama doesn't like cain because obama is racist" Now that would be funny as hell to say to someone.

I still love how cain is the tea party dude...you know those "racist t-baggers" lol....some liberals are pretty blind.
Lest we forget that the Reverend Sharpton in 2007 who was upset that Obama was running? But at the same time it was Joey Biden whom said he was "Clean and articulate"? (Word! Claims like that will land you a VEEP spot)!:eusa_shhh: ;)

THE Rev. Al Sharpton has launched a "big-time" effort to tear down Illinois Sen. Barack Obama as a candidate for president, The Post has learned.
"He's saying that Obama never did anything for the community, never worked with anybody from the community, that nobody knows the people around him, that he's a candidate driven by white leadership," said a prominent black Democratic activist who knows Sharpton.

'JEALOUS' REV. AL BLASTS BARACK< March 2007

October 9, 2008

Ed doesn't do context. Believe me I've tried. He just plucks the quotation out of context from some leftwing "I hate Rush" site and posts it over and over and over. I think I mentioned that some folks do that to people on message boards and don't care how dishonest it might be.
I know. I've seen it. He must be a paid subscriber to the Soros Site Media Matters that takes all of this stuff out of context to rile up the perpetually ignorant. ;)

October 9, 2008

How exactly does that change your MessiahRushie dehumanizing Obama by calling him a rat??? He is making it clear that every time he is calling Obama a "little squirrel" he is calling him a "rat." And your MessiahRushie has been calling Obama a "little squirrel" a lot of times!!!

October 9, 2008

I know. I've seen it. He must be a paid subscriber to the Soros Site Media Matters that takes all of this stuff out of context to rile up the perpetually ignorant. ;)
Everytime you DittoTards claime I get my quotes from some other site than your MessiahRushie's own transcripts, exactly what he programmed you fools to do, I challenge you to post a link to the site.
You brainwashed sheep NEVER do!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuttering LimpTard habitually calls Obama a "little squirrel" and has more than once said that means he is a "rat." He even admitted that no one caught on to that deliberate dehumanizing racist insult!!! And here you assholes are saying I got what your MessiahRushie admits no one else caught from those who didn't catch on to it!!! :asshole:

October 1, 2008
RUSH: That's why blame's important, Obama, you little squirrel. That's why these things cannot be fixed without attaching blame!

October 9, 2008

October 13, 2008
RUSH: I'm not the one promising to raise your taxes; the little squirrel Obama is.

October 15, 2008
RUSH: What sharply personal attacks? All they are is people telling the truth about the little squirrel. What personal attacks? "Well, see, Rush, there you go, that's a personal attack right there." No, no, no, no. Not a personal attack

October 20, 2008
RUSH: Biden says the world is going to test Obama. What's it going to be, China taking Taiwan? China taking North Korea? Russia taking over a bordering country or two? Israel being wiped off the map? All the above? What is it? Biden's guaranteeing something like this. He says it's a fair price for electing an inexperienced squirrel who wants ACORN to run our elections and can't wait to surrender in Iraq. And remember, folks, a squirrel is just a rat with better PR.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Biden told us all this was going to happen. Biden told us that the little squirrel was going to get tested and make the wrong move and then beg for loyal support.

November 4, 2008
RUSH: There are already people paying confiscatory taxes, you little squirrel.

November 10, 2008
CALLER: I know you've been taking a lot of slack about the thug thing, but can you still call him a squirrel?

RUSH: Oh, yeah, I'm surprised nobody's caught up on that yet.

Forum List

Back