Herman Cain Wins Florida Straw Poll

do we need to go and find every statement written by them on the issue of reproductive choice?

yeah... i know they like to say that. but it's no one really believes it (though tea extremists like saying it... as they shriek about their anti-choice platforms).

from a year ago... points out how disingenuous it is for tea people to say they don't involve in social issues:

Tea Party Embraces Pro-Life, Christian Conservative Ideals - The Daily Beast

in the meantime, feel free to name a tea extremist who is pro choice...

you know, while you say there's no social agenda.

Follow this logic.... I know it's not above your intellectual paygrade, mo chara.

1. The TEA Parties, nationally, agreed on the above list as their agenda.

2. Local parties, and individuals within those parties, are at liberty (key word that) to stand on whatever other issues they feel appropriate.

Not rocket science, huh?

Exactly. The Tea Party wasn't around when George W. Bush was President. Wasn't even a concept yet. By the end of GWB's second term, however, there was deep disatisfaction among many of us having discussions over coffee in diners, in the workplace. It WAS mostly us Tea Partiers--Republicans, Democrats, and Independents--who put the Democrats back into power in 2006. We just hadn't conceived of any kind of political concept or movement at that time.

TARP passed in late 2008 got all of our attention big time, and when Obama broke a number of campaign promises by signing off on the first appropriations bill of his administration AND was obviously misappropriating TARP funds AND began pushing the unconscionable stimulus package, the Tea Party began activating. We thought we were a tax reform group though we did use the Boston Tea Party as a symbol. It was the media who dubbed us the "Tea Party".

I can't speak for every state, but I'm pretty darn sure that there are a LOT of pro choice, pro gay marriage, or name your social issue of choice people among our local Tea Party groups and those in Kansas, Texas, and Arkansas of which I am familiar.

That is why nobody in the Tea Party really cares whether Herman Cain in pro choice or whatever but are interested in his philosophy and game plan for the role of government in taxes, economic integrity, and personal liberties.

It was interesting reading Erik Erickson of Red State's commentary on the last debate which he hated. He thought Herman Cain won. In retrospect, Erickson may be right. Cain is now rapidly developing name recognition and may be on the verge of a breakthrough to be considered a front runner.

And you had a movement to mail tea bags to representatives in congress, hence Tea Baggers.

I think the key to Cain's popularity is that unlike Perry and Romney, who have to parse every word to be considered "serious", Cain can just say whatever the hell he is thinking.

Since he's never going to be the nominee, there's no downside for him.

He is a great business man.
You can't beat his record in being a very intelligent person.
Look what he was when he was in the Navy;
Before his business and economics career he worked as a mathematician in ballistics for the United States Navy.
He knows a lot more than Obama does about economics.
Just remember that George Washington wasn't a career politician either, and he turned out to be a great President.
I like his answer about not being a politician when he said and "How's that working out for you"? :)

"He knows a lot more than Obama does about economics"

And that's something to hang your hat on?
Since Little Lord Obammyroy knows next to nothing on the subject, I'd say that's a big yes.

One more point.

The entire number of participants in this straw poll was less than 3000 people. Compare that to the Ames Straw Poll (equally meaningless, IMHO) where 17,000 people voted.

And yet to hear the media tell it, even Fox, Perry should be absolutely panicking! Oh my God, he only got 15% of the vote in a poll where only 3000 people participated.

Seriously?

He is a great business man.
You can't beat his record in being a very intelligent person.
Look what he was when he was in the Navy;
Before his business and economics career he worked as a mathematician in ballistics for the United States Navy.
He knows a lot more than Obama does about economics.
Just remember that George Washington wasn't a career politician either, and he turned out to be a great President.
I like his answer about not being a politician when he said and "How's that working out for you"? :)

"He knows a lot more than Obama does about economics"

And that's something to hang your hat on?
Since Little Lord Obammyroy knows next to nothing on the subject, I'd say that's a big yes.

I guess you didn't quite "get" my comment. :doubt:

Straw polls provide a snapshot of that region and current tends, within the party, to aid in organizing and motivating fund raisers. Apart from that they mean nothing.

Follow this logic.... I know it's not above your intellectual paygrade, mo chara.

2. Local parties, and individuals within those parties, are at liberty (key word that) to stand on whatever other issues they feel appropriate.

Not rocket science, huh?

Exactly. The Tea Party wasn't around when George W. Bush was President. Wasn't even a concept yet. By the end of GWB's second term, however, there was deep disatisfaction among many of us having discussions over coffee in diners, in the workplace. It WAS mostly us Tea Partiers--Republicans, Democrats, and Independents--who put the Democrats back into power in 2006. We just hadn't conceived of any kind of political concept or movement at that time.

TARP passed in late 2008 got all of our attention big time, and when Obama broke a number of campaign promises by signing off on the first appropriations bill of his administration AND was obviously misappropriating TARP funds AND began pushing the unconscionable stimulus package, the Tea Party began activating. We thought we were a tax reform group though we did use the Boston Tea Party as a symbol. It was the media who dubbed us the "Tea Party".

I can't speak for every state, but I'm pretty darn sure that there are a LOT of pro choice, pro gay marriage, or name your social issue of choice people among our local Tea Party groups and those in Kansas, Texas, and Arkansas of which I am familiar.

That is why nobody in the Tea Party really cares whether Herman Cain in pro choice or whatever but are interested in his philosophy and game plan for the role of government in taxes, economic integrity, and personal liberties.

It was interesting reading Erik Erickson of Red State's commentary on the last debate which he hated. He thought Herman Cain won. In retrospect, Erickson may be right. Cain is now rapidly developing name recognition and may be on the verge of a breakthrough to be considered a front runner.

And you had a movement to mail tea bags to representatives in congress, hence Tea Baggers.

This is the part I love.

Completely delusional left wingers. What part of we kicked your ass to hell and back in the last election you idiots?

And screw the President run. I want to take over the Senate. Thats the key. And we know it.

Conservatives are not R's and we aren't going to take the likes of Cindy McCain attempting to bitch slap us. What a joke that girl is. But that's why John keeps playing for her.

Hence John has to go as well.

I think without a third party, we can still pull this off in a triple play.

It will take some doing, but I think it's attainable.

do we need to go and find every statement written by them on the issue of reproductive choice?

yeah... i know they like to say that. but it's no one really believes it (though tea extremists like saying it... as they shriek about their anti-choice platforms).

from a year ago... points out how disingenuous it is for tea people to say they don't involve in social issues:

Not rocket science, huh?

I really admire Erik sp? on a day to day commentary. I don't have a clue where he's from but he really cuts to the chase in his rants.

I've been saying watch for Cain. Hehehehehe when he first started subbing for Rush, well say no more.

What I like about him is he fits the bill of simple man for me. Damn I love him to death. He makes so much sense.

I just have to work this election and then I can focus after we pull off a conservative win here. It's going to be very close. This will not be like the national. This is a hard go against the NDP in this province.

[ It WAS mostly us Tea Partiers--Republicans, Democrats, and Independents--who put the Democrats back into power in 2006. We just hadn't conceived of any kind of political concept or movement at that time.

That ought to be awarded the History Revisionism of the Year award.

Those are the agreed points for TEA Partiers. It may, however, shock you to discover that - perhaps unlike liberals - they are individuals and each has their own views on social issues.

The Alaska election results underscore the extent to which the Tea Party movement and its candidates—strongly anti-abortion rights politicians such as Miller, Sharron Angle in Nevada, Marco Rubio in Florida, Rand Paul in Kentucky, and Ken Buck in Colorado—have come to be affiliated with Christian conservative ideals, even as Tea Party organizers say they have little interest in social issues.

Tea Party Express spokesman William Owens, a prominent Christian conservative with a history of pro-life activism, said Wednesday in an interview with The Daily Beast that the group steers clear of abortion because it wants to “focus on the most important things. The whole thrust of the Tea Party movement came out of fiscal irresponsibility and government overextending itself.”

But Miller, who received more than $550,000 in donations and on-the-ground support from the California-based Tea Party Express and frequently tweeted about his Tea Party affiliation, made his antiabortion stance a central part of the Alaska Senate primary. In June, he sent a fundraising letter to “pro-life supporters” criticizing Murkowski’s support for Roe v. Wade and stem-cell research, as well as her opposition to the “Mexico City Policy,” which under President George W. Bush prevented American foreign aid dollars from funding abortion services. (President Obama repealed the policy, also known as “Global Gag Rule,” in 2009.)

“I pledge to you that if you send me to Washington D.C., there will be no greater advocate for life in the United States Senate,” Miller wrote in the letter. “I am committed to advocating for innocent life and vigorously opposing the culture of death.”

Although both Miller and Murkowski said they supported the parental-notification ballot initiative, Miller was more involved, co-hosting a July fundraiser for the group behind the measure, Alaskans for Parental Rights.

Miller is one of several candidates prominently endorsed on the website of the Tea Party Express, which also links approvingly to parentalrights.org, a group lobbying for a federal parental rights law even more expansive than the one that passed Tuesday in Alaska.

Not rocket science, huh?

And the fact that Tea Party candidates, since the movement began and since candidates for office began to be identified as 'tea party' candidates,

have been all (since no one can cite exceptions) social conservatives, that is explained how?

Coincidence? A statistical oddity?

Straw polls provide a snapshot of that region and current tends, within the party, to aid in organizing and motivating fund raisers. Apart from that they mean nothing.

But with samplings that small, they are easy to maniplate.

So Ron Paul has won the last couple of CPAC straw polls, Bachmann won Ames and Hermanator won Florida... but seriously, none of these people are going to be the nominee.

Hell, I'll go one further, by the time Iowa and New Hampshire are over, this thing is going to be down to Romney and Perry, and people will be asking how we got stuck with these two idiots.

So Ron Paul has won the last couple of CPAC straw polls, Bachmann won Ames and Hermanator won Florida... but seriously, none of these people are going to be the nominee.

Hell, I'll go one further, by the time Iowa and New Hampshire are over, this thing is going to be down to Romney and Perry, and people will be asking how we got stuck with these two idiots.
Maybe, just maybe...people are so fed up with the manipulation by the media and both the parties that this election will set them on thier ears. People are thinking and acting against the so-called conventional wisdom.

I think the digging at each other (Perry and Romney) will become reviled and they will knock each other out.

Maybe, just maybe...people are so fed up with the manipulation by the media and both the parties that this election will set them on thier ears. People are thinking and acting against the so-called conventional wisdom.

I think the digging at each other (Perry and Romney) will become reviled and they will knock each other out.

I don't think so.

I think more likely, the GOP Establishment in cahoots with the MSM, will foist Romney on us before we ever realize what hit us. And then Romney will lose to Obama because Evagelicals won't vote for a Mormon. We might even see a third party representing the TEA movement.

I don't think so.

I think more likely, the GOP Establishment in cahoots with the MSM, will foist Romney on us before we ever realize what hit us. And then Romney will lose to Obama because Evagelicals won't vote for a Mormon. We might even see a third party representing the TEA movement.
Perhaps, however? Never underestimate the power of the people as was the case in 2010.

Perhaps, however? Never underestimate the power of the people as was the case in 2010.

Again, in 2010, there were as many misses as there were hits. thre were a lot of races that the GOP should have won that they didn't.

This has to be a national vote, and frankly, the Establishment seems to have a fixation on imposing Romney on us.

Again, in 2010, there were as many misses as there were hits. thre were a lot of races that the GOP should have won that they didn't.

This has to be a national vote, and frankly, the Establishment seems to have a fixation on imposing Romney on us.
We'll see. :)

I like Herman Cain, I've heard him speak on several occasions. Someone said he's black?? I didn't notice, he's an American, a fiscal conservative and has a working knowledge of economics, business and finance.

We've gone down the road with inexperience, at least Herman has had a real job and understands how a business model works. Face it, the US Government is a business, the only difference in it and another is a real business could not survive running deficits like our government has. They would have filed for bankruptcy long ago.

I'm tired of politicians, I'm tired of the same old crap in Washington. Herman Cain would get my vote in a NY minute. Unfortunately I don't see him getting the nomination because he's not a career politician. The Republican party will never support him, they want to pick the guy that will do things the way they think it should be done.

WTG Herman!!

Bingo.

Cain rocks in my book. He's been there and done that from the ground up.

But, as you say, he's not a career politician so I doubt he could get the nomination.

If he did I would have no problem voting for him either.

Forum List

Back