Here's what you should know before suing cops

JasonMaverick

Rookie
May 4, 2018
A man who was shot and killed by a Kansas City, Kan., police officer Wednesday had previously won a $300,000 excessive force settlement from police across the state line in Kansas City.

Manuel G. Palacio, 27, was the man fatally shot by the police officer, his attorney confirmed on Thursday morning. Attorney Tom Porto had represented Palacio in the excessive force case and said he has been in contact with the family since the shooting Wednesday.
Palacio_fitted.jpeg

The shooting occurred when the Kansas City, Kan., Police Department's violent crimes task force attempted to arrest Palacio about 5 p.m. in the 2400 block of Wood Avenue. The location is near the New Chelsea Elementary School at 24th Street and Wood Avenue.
The officer who shot the man is a 21-year veteran of the department, police said.
The shooting is being investigated by the department's major case unit and will be reviewed by its officer-involved critical incident team.

Attorney Tom Porto had represented Palacio in the excessive force case and said he has been in contact with the family since the shooting Wednesday.

"I was heartbroken when I heard about the circumstances surrounding Manuel's tragic death," Porto told The Star Thursday. "He was very much a family man who will be missed by many."

I learned about that from a lawyer that sued the PD and won here. He had to move out of town.

Interesting 1st post. No "Hi, how are ya"?

No reacharound? Sup?

Last edited:
A man who was shot and killed by a Kansas City, Kan., police officer Wednesday had previously won a $300,000 excessive force settlement from police across the state line in Kansas City.

Manuel G. Palacio, 27, was the man fatally shot by the police officer, his attorney confirmed on Thursday morning. Attorney Tom Porto had represented Palacio in the excessive force case and said he has been in contact with the family since the shooting Wednesday.
Palacio_fitted.jpeg

The shooting occurred when the Kansas City, Kan., Police Department's violent crimes task force attempted to arrest Palacio about 5 p.m. in the 2400 block of Wood Avenue. The location is near the New Chelsea Elementary School at 24th Street and Wood Avenue.
The officer who shot the man is a 21-year veteran of the department, police said.
The shooting is being investigated by the department's major case unit and will be reviewed by its officer-involved critical incident team.

Attorney Tom Porto had represented Palacio in the excessive force case and said he has been in contact with the family since the shooting Wednesday.

"I was heartbroken when I heard about the circumstances surrounding Manuel's tragic death," Porto told The Star Thursday. "He was very much a family man who will be missed by many."
The Postman Always Rings Twice

Palacio_fitted.jpeg

Apparently the OP only posts once.

Palacio_fitted.jpeg

Apparently the OP only posts once.
Where All Good LEOphobes Go to Whimper

He's been shamed and shunned into silence and is living in the shadows now.

I learned about that from a lawyer that sued the PD and won here. He had to move out of town.

Interesting 1st post. No "Hi, how are ya"?

No reacharound? Sup?
I had a buddy that a cop released the dog on him for no reason.218 stitches. He got a 1.2 miliion dollar settlement. No one had to tell him to leave he knew. He left state also! The cop lied and lied security tape from7/11 caught him in his lies. He kept his job and my buddy had to leave! Not realy suprising!

Forum List

Back