Here’s the reason people tell me they want to buy an AR-15. And it’s simply ludicrous

For once, I agree with you.
But they were acts of terrorism FOR different reasons.
There is no comparison.
yes this is what I posted acts of terrorism glad you agree
Terrorism is terrorism
200530225111-0530-night-george-floyd-protests-medium-plus-169.jpg

So you think you can withstand a frontal assault by infantry?
You don't have to. The point is to make occupation or tyranny too costly to be worth the effort. That's how the Afgans drove out the Russians. Not by facing the full force of their military on the battlefield, but by making the troops aware that behind every rock, around every corner, there could be a bullet heading their way. Military forces today do not pick an open field, agree to meet at a stated time, and slug it out while civilians watch from the sidelines.

It’s as true now as it was over a year ago – as true now as always:

There is no ‘need’ to possess an AR pattern rifle/carbine; it’s a want, not a need.

And there’s nothing wrong with wanting to possess an AR 15 for whatever personal, subjective reason – target shooting or personal defense.

But one shouldn’t try to advance the ridiculous lie that one ‘needs’ an AR 15 to defend against ‘government tyranny,’ it’s factually untrue.

Indeed, there’s nothing in the history, text, or case law of the Second Amendment that recognizes insurrectionist dogma; nothing that recognizes the wrongheaded notion that armed citizens alone, absent government authorization, not members of a government authorized and regulated militia, are sanctioned to ‘take up arms’ against a Federal government incorrectly perceived to have become ‘tyrannical.’

What Second Amendment case law does say is that private citizens cannot unilaterally declare themselves a ‘militia’ – only state governments and the Federal government have that authority (Presser v. Illinois (1886)).

With private citizens alone lacking the authority to form a militia and ‘take up arms’ against ‘the government,’ they also lack the ‘need’ to possess particular firearms, such as AR 15s.

Consequently, the ‘need’ argument in opposition to AWBs is devoid of merit.

The argument of merit against AWBs is that they constitute government excess and overreach, that they fail even a rational basis justification, and that they would not have the desired outcome of reducing gun crime and violence.
It's irrelevant if I need one. The Constitution says nothing about need. However, I feel like I need one to help me obtain firepower superiority and that's a good enough reason for anyone asking. Not that yours, or anyone else's opinion means fuck all.

The 2nd amendment does say the federal government shall make no laws regarding firearms at all.
I think you're misinterpreting the actual words, but I'll have to wait for an American to spell it out correctly.
It gave total jurisdiction to the states and municipalities.
That could be another misinterpretation?
All federal gun laws are totally illegal.
That sounds more like a lie, rather than a misinterpretation.

Is an Atomic Bomb a Tool (or a Weapon)

They can be used for demolition, to make harbors, and to create other things that are needed. There have been many studies done on the peaceful uses of atomic bombs.

There is even a spaceship designed that would use atomic bombs for propulsion.

Is an Atomic Bomb a Tool (or a Weapon)
When used in the proper way, the technology is used to produce energy, so yes. Similarly, a gun can be used to take a human life or to provide food for human consumption. A rock can be looked at the same way. I can use it to bash someone's head in or I can use it to drive a nail or open a mussel to feed myself. Your argument is short sighted and fallacious.

Its yield is only 20 tons of TNT. The range is over a mile.

That's only the initial blast. You are ignoring the secondary missiles that will be launched at hypersonic velocity and will carry out well over 10 miles.

Some the size of a bowling ball.

Not very fun.

Forum List

Back