Here’s the reason people tell me they want to buy an AR-15. And it’s simply ludicrous

No, it certainly doesn't.
But is there anything to gain in answering that?
By not answering it, you're admitting to understanding that the purpose of the 2A allows the people to keep a gov't in check first and foremost. This was also reinforced by individual state constitutions. Personal defense is a secondary right from the 2A. The primary role of the 2A is protection from the gov't.

By not answering it, you're admitting to understanding that the purpose of the 2A allows the people to keep a gov't in check first and foremost. This was also reinforced by individual state constitutions. Personal defense is a secondary right from the 2A. The primary role of the 2A is protection from the gov't.
I know. the govurmunt if coming at midnight to take all your guns.

The moron you are debating with is a Canadian who has been trying to influence US domestic discussions on this board as long as I've been here. He has no clue as to how freedom works.

‘Usually, the motivation for purchasing the AR-15 is simple: People want one because they want one. Most times, the person who buys an AR-15 comes into the store already knowing that they intend to purchase one.

I’ve pressed some customers about why they want an AR-15, but no one could ever come up with a legitimate justification for needing that particular weapon.

Some members of the tinfoil hat brigade have come up with the reply, “We need these weapons because we want to be effective against the government if it becomes tyrannical. That’s part of our Second Amendment right.” Personally, I think that’s ludicrous, but it has become an increasingly popular justification for purchasing a semi-automatic rifle.

[…]

If banning them outright seems like too extreme a solution to be politically palatable, here’s another option: Reclassify semi-automatic rifles as Class 3 firearms.’

I disagree with the article’s author about ‘banning’ AR 15s or subjecting them to the provisions of the NFA. ‘Bans’ don’t work, they’re unwarranted government excess and overreach and likely un-Constitutional.

But he’s correct about wanting to own an AR 15 to ‘defend against government tyranny’ as being ridiculous nonsense.

Possessing an AR 15 is a want, not a ‘need.’

And there’s nothing wrong with that; citizens are not required to ‘justify’ exercising a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

As is always the case after a mass shooting or similar event, we see inane, baseless reasons contrived to ‘justify’ owning an AR 15 in a pathetic and unnecessary attempt to fend-off a ‘ban’ of such weapons where there is no political will to do so.

Libs really created the desire for this. Lib propaganda says that there is no more efficient killing machine that the AR15. People who are shopping for a gun believe that, and not wanting to come to a gun flight underarmed, they insist on what they see as the best.

Libs really created the desire for this. Lib propaganda says that there is no more efficient killing machine that the AR15. People who are shopping for a gun believe that, and not wanting to come to a gun flight underarmed, they insist on what they see as the best.
Everytime the gun grabber democrats open their mouths, AR sales go through the roof. Colt loves democrats.

The moron you are debating with is a Canadian who has been trying to influence US domestic discussions on this board as long as I've been here. He has no clue as to how freedom works.
I know. He tries to pretend he understands how this country works, but has no real world experience and only formulates his opinion based on our very biased media, here and there.

‘Usually, the motivation for purchasing the AR-15 is simple: People want one because they want one. Most times, the person who buys an AR-15 comes into the store already knowing that they intend to purchase one.

I’ve pressed some customers about why they want an AR-15, but no one could ever come up with a legitimate justification for needing that particular weapon.

Some members of the tinfoil hat brigade have come up with the reply, “We need these weapons because we want to be effective against the government if it becomes tyrannical. That’s part of our Second Amendment right.” Personally, I think that’s ludicrous, but it has become an increasingly popular justification for purchasing a semi-automatic rifle.

[…]

If banning them outright seems like too extreme a solution to be politically palatable, here’s another option: Reclassify semi-automatic rifles as Class 3 firearms.’

I disagree with the article’s author about ‘banning’ AR 15s or subjecting them to the provisions of the NFA. ‘Bans’ don’t work, they’re unwarranted government excess and overreach and likely un-Constitutional.

But he’s correct about wanting to own an AR 15 to ‘defend against government tyranny’ as being ridiculous nonsense.

Possessing an AR 15 is a want, not a ‘need.’

And there’s nothing wrong with that; citizens are not required to ‘justify’ exercising a fundamental right as a ‘prerequisite’ to indeed do so.

As is always the case after a mass shooting or similar event, we see inane, baseless reasons contrived to ‘justify’ owning an AR 15 in a pathetic and unnecessary attempt to fend-off a ‘ban’ of such weapons where there is no political will to do so.
your premise is a lie,,

you seem to think what you think matters to other people when it doesnt,,

Forum List

Back