Here It Is---Trump's New Food Stamp Plan: A Basket Of U.S. Food, Direct To Your Doorstep!

So, tell us again, why inventing a whole new bureaucracy for handling the massive logistics for this, represent a cost savings?

The USDA got out of the Gubmint Cheese and Peanut Butter bidness ages ago... with good reason.
Simple solution: Just have Walmart do it. They already deliver groceries.

And Wal Mart is going to charge the government for each and every delivery. How is that going to save money?

So, tell us again, why inventing a whole new bureaucracy for handling the massive logistics for this, represent a cost savings?

The USDA got out of the Gubmint Cheese and Peanut Butter bidness ages ago... with good reason.
Because you can fire the old, bloated one.
Really?

Let's say the existing (you call it old) one has 10,000 staff to ride herd on the beast.

You resurrect the REALLY old one (commodities) and you'll need 100,000 staff to pull it off; not to mention vast warehouses, fleets of trucks and walk-in freezers, etc.

No thank you.

Simple solution: Just have Walmart do it. They already deliver groceries.
In that case you're just outsourcing the contract, and the price of that contract is gonna be far in excess of any so-called 'savings'.

Dumb idea - not you, personally, but collectively looking to resurrect the Gubmint Commodities Beast.

Try again.

How about actual stamps for certain foods you use as a coupon? Bread, milk, eggs, cheese, canned fruits and veg

And resurrect a long-dead bureaucracy and logistics arm of the Gubmint...

Purchasing, Transportation, Storage, Quality Control, Delivery, Enforcement, etc...

No... I think not...

Try again.

We disband the entire SNAP program and let these fuckers starve to death.

Really?

Let's say the existing (you call it old) one has 10,000 staff to ride herd on the beast.

You resurrect the REALLY old one (commodities) and you'll need 100,000 staff to pull it off; not to mention vast warehouses, fleets of trucks and walk-in freezers, etc.

No thank you.
Awwww --- think of all the jobs you created.

Really?

No thank you.

Ya know who we could put to work?

The people on food stamps, they could deliver it to themselves.

Once again, Trump is doing the right thing!

Getting actual food to the people that really need it and reducing the opportunity for fraud and theft in one fell swoop.

Progressives will, of course, complain about this and find fault

Why do our friends on the left want poor people to go hungry?

Have you even bothered to consider the logistics in doing something like this? Home delivery of food baskets? Who's gonna deliver them, and how often?
Yep this is another kindergarten idea from the child in chief.

I think Trump believes that the government can deliver like Amazon does. If that was the case, then why the miserable response to Puerto Rico?
The emergency response in Puerto Rico was an unprecedented success, jackass

I love it. The plan is winning!
Hopefully, this will avoid shopping carts full of stealing, lobster and junk food.I’m for it!

Trump’s new food-stamps plan: A basket of U.S. food, direct to your doorstep

Do you think food stamp recipients want to eat this stuff?

MW-GD588_grocer_20180212141714_MG.jpg

No way!
I know for a fact that they eat that stuff.

The ability to feed yourself is your responsibility and not that of US government nor those who already figured out how to

They mentioned it would be more like blue apron-
Blue Apron: Fresh Ingredients, Original Recipes, Delivered to You
Why do Republicans have to act like such pricks when it comes to the poor?

They just gave billionaires a $1.5 trillion tax cut and to make up for it they have the poor drinking canned milk and eating Spam?

It is very bothersome that these people can not see that.

Spam, and canned milk is nothing but processed shit.

An example of why this abuse has to stop.

Lobster%20and%20Steak.jpg

Yeah, I worked as a carhop in the 1970's for a grocery store.. and a big cadillac pulls in and they ask for a box of filet mignon steak and gave me food stamps. so yes there is abuse..

But

Another time, I worked as a visiting nurse for a crippled vet who had 0 food... I cooked as much as I could and put it in the freezer.. He was poor.
This man fought in Vietnam.. why are you so tied up in the ones who abuse it?
There are so many who truly need it.

Maybe we need more workers to go out and actually check on the persons situation.

With Trump you have to watch closely. He is brilliant. He can still feed the serfs but cut out the funding for the billionaire poverty pimps that oppose him. Handing out fresh healthy food defunds Chase and Kroger’s and Pepsi and the huge deep state beauracratic web of tax payer sucking beuracrats and still feeds the helpless single mothers.
Trump is always playing 5D chess while liberals play checkers.

With Trump you have to watch closely. He is brilliant. He can still feed the serfs but cut out the funding for the billionaire poverty pimps that oppose him. Handing out fresh healthy food defunds Chase and Kroger’s and Pepsi and the huge deep state beauracratic web of tax payer sucking beuracrats and still feeds the helpless single mothers.
Trump is always playing 5D chess while liberals play checkers.
Nope he is claiming he will give them canned foodstuffs..5D nope he just a cruel and unusual asshat..

Forum List

Back