help with something

pennyville73

Aug 31, 2004
Massachusetts
I was wondering if any one knows the answer to this or where I could go to find out.
A friend of mine has to go in to be tested for HIV (which is just for a routine thing) I am sure she doesnt have it, but regardless, She thinks her boss may try to fire her if she does. From what I've bee able to find so far, she can not be fired just for having HIV because technically it is considered a disablity and that would be in violation of the ADA. Is this true for all states and would she have any recourse if she were to be fired.....Thanks for any help in advance.

pennyville73 said:
I was wondering if any one knows the answer to this or where I could go to find out.
A friend of mine has to go in to be tested for HIV (which is just for a routine thing) I am sure she doesnt have it, but regardless, She thinks her boss may try to fire her if she does. From what I've bee able to find so far, she can not be fired just for having HIV because technically it is considered a disablity and that would be in violation of the ADA. Is this true for all states and would she have any recourse if she were to be fired.....Thanks for any help in advance.
You might call the State Attorney Generals' office and see if they can help ya.

Forum List

Back