Hellokitty finally shot a gun!!! 😱

Hellokitty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
For some reason my son thought I would loving shooting if I just tried it...so I was down for a visit over Christmas and he wanted to go to the shooting range for his birthday. He got a ww1 gun rifle or whatever he wanted to check out and have his dad soot some of his other guns.
I shot his GF's gun which was a pink 38 whatever. My son wanted me to shot a different gun he said would be easier because it braces against your shoulder and doesn't kickback, but I thought it was kind heavy and the other gun was smaller.
This was my 1st time at a gun range it was an inside one, son wanted to go to an outside range but the one he goes to wasn't open. I used his ear protection thing and he went over everything, but I was still freaked out with the noise and shell things flying back.

Anyhoo I hated it and will probably never do it again unless I took some kind of instruction class.

For some reason my son thought I would loving shooting if I just tried it...so I was down for a visit over Christmas and he wanted to go to the shooting range for his birthday. He got a ww1 gun rifle or whatever he wanted to check out and have his dad soot some of his other guns.
I shot his GF's gun which was a pink 38 whatever. My son wanted me to shot a different gun he said would be easier because it braces against your shoulder and doesn't kickback, but I thought it was kind heavy and the other gun was smaller.
This was my 1st time at a gun range it was an inside one, son wanted to go to an outside range but the one he goes to wasn't open. I used his ear protection thing and he went over everything, but I was still freaked out with the noise and shell things flying back.

Anyhoo I hated it and will probably never do it again unless I took some kind of instruction class.
He should have started you with a .22 single shot bolt action rifle. It is perfect for learning the fundamentals, and entertaining the new shooter, and allowing them to see their improvement in just one range time learning session, while avoiding the noise, the kick of the weapon and the hot flying ejected shells, that sometimes fly down the shirts of kitties, landing in their bra, which can leave a painful mark on .., er, uh,.. kitties.

What type of WW-I weapon?

i need to know.jpg

Good for you! You probably would have liked the rifle better.

He should have started you with a .22 single shot bolt action rifle. It is perfect for learning the fundamentals, and entertaining the new shooter, and allowing them to see their improvement in just one range time learning session, while avoiding the noise, the kick of the weapon and the hot flying ejected shells, that sometimes fly down the shirts of kitties, landing in their bra, which can leave a painful mark on .., er, uh,.. kitties.

Yeah he wanted me to used something different but I was just focused on size of gun and went with smaller one. TBH the kick part wasn't bad since it was explained and I was expecting it. I was a little overwhelmed with the safety and checking stuff and the loud noise of guns being fired even with wearing the weird ear protection.

PEW....PEW....PEW.....

tumblr_luvuqepyBe1qg3x5uo1_500.gif

Yeah he wanted me to used something different but I was just focused on size of gun and went with smaller one. TBH the kick part wasn't bad since it was explained and I was expecting it. I was a little overwhelmed with the safety and checking stuff and the loud noise of guns being fired even with wearing the weird ear protection.
When on a range, I use earplug and earphones. At my age, it's like closing the barn door after the horses are gone, but it is effective. It will also improve your marksmanship, as a new shooter.

The safety precautions and checks on the range, before during and after firing are very important for you and everybody within a mile or two of you. Good habits early will save you, and keep you off of YouTube. I congratulate your son and his dad on that, and thank them as a fellow shooter.

When on a range, I use earplug and earphones. At my age, it's like closing the barn door after the horses are gone, but it is effective. It will also improve your marksmanship, as a new shooter.

The safety precautions and checks on the range, before during and after firing are very important for you and everybody within a mile or two of you. Good habits early will save you, and keep you off of YouTube. I congratulate your son and his dad on that, and thank them as a fellow shooter.
Happiness is your own range. ;)

Forum List

Back