heckling a woman in a wheelchair

Healthcare activist bites off finger of counter-demonstrator, authorities say | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Authorities are searching for a healthcare reform activist today who they said bit off the finger of a 65-year-old counter-demonstrator during a fight at a MoveOn.org rally in Thousand Oaks.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....the rational left............

One angry crazy man bits off another angry man's finger. Are you saying that all of the Left is responsible for that? Shall we play that game?

This was on the Washington Post site:

"I witnessed the entire event and gave a sworn statement to Sheriff's deputies.
Fact is, the man who's finger was bitten off, threw the first sucker punch and then both men went to the asphalt in the street.

The pro-healthcare supporter looked like he got the worst of it - having his glasses broken by the punch and really getting beaten up - until I discovered the other guy stopped fighting because he had his finger tip bitten off.
No one should bite. No rally should ever result in violence. But everyone who wasn't there should reserve judgement.

As gory as this was, this was a self defense act. The man who bit the finger was probably about 58 and was getting pretty well beaten up by this pretty robust 65 year old who was in pretty good shape. (honestly, I thought he looked like he was in his 50s because he was skinny and anything but frail, maybe ex-military)

Fact is, 152 people who participated in the Moveon.org protest were old ladies, middle aged business owners, couple of young people, my family. We aren't some sort of Brownshirts. We didn't want violence.

I read the entire bill and I like it and just felt like being civic minded by coming out to what I thought would be a productive, peaceful rally with like minded people.

But the irony is that when all is said and done, reports I read from the hospital say that the man protesting socialized medicine got his finger reattached using medicare.

Posted by: ryanhayden | September 3, 2009

lol. I knew it!

saw the dude interviewed...finger was not reattached.....

Fact is, the man who's finger was bitten off, threw the first sucker punch and then both men went to the asphalt in the street.

The pro-healthcare supporter looked like he got the worst of it - having his glasses broken by the punch and really getting beaten up - until I discovered the other guy stopped fighting because he had his finger tip bitten off.
No one should bite. No rally should ever result in violence. But everyone who wasn't there should reserve judgement.

As gory as this was, this was a self defense act. The man who bit the finger was probably about 58 and was getting pretty well beaten up by this pretty robust 65 year old who was in pretty good shape. (honestly, I thought he looked like he was in his 50s because he was skinny and anything but frail, maybe ex-military)

Fact is, 152 people who participated in the Moveon.org protest were old ladies, middle aged business owners, couple of young people, my family. We aren't some sort of Brownshirts. We didn't want violence.

I read the entire bill and I like it and just felt like being civic minded by coming out to what I thought would be a productive, peaceful rally with like minded people.

But the irony is that when all is said and done, reports I read from the hospital say that the man protesting socialized medicine got his finger reattached using medicare.

lol. I knew it!

HAHAHAHAHAH he was on medicare and was punching people for wanting others to get the same treatment.

what a real loser

Healthcare activist bites off finger of counter-demonstrator, authorities say | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Authorities are searching for a healthcare reform activist today who they said bit off the finger of a 65-year-old counter-demonstrator during a fight at a MoveOn.org rally in Thousand Oaks.

One angry crazy man bits off another angry man's finger. Are you saying that all of the Left is responsible for that? Shall we play that game?

only in as much as all of the right yells at people in wheel chairs......

lol. I knew it!

saw the dude interviewed...finger was not reattached.....
That's not what reports say:

"Southern California's KTLA-TV, which first reported on the fracas, wrote, "The 65-year-old was apparently aggressive and hit the other man, who then retaliated by biting off his attacker's pinky."
The AP reported that the injured man "retrieved the finger and went to a hospital." A hospital spokesperson told the news service that the man, who had Medicare, "lost half the finger, but doctors reattached it and he was sent home the same night."

lol. I knew it!

HAHAHAHAHAH he was on medicare and was punching people for wanting others to get the same treatment.

what a real loser

really how do you know he was on medicare....he felt threatened and punched the dude.....

still spilling out lies i see.........

Are you saying that I said all the Right is responsible for yelling at people in wheel chairs?

lol. I knew it!

what a real loser

really how do you know he was on medicare....he felt threatened and punched the dude.....

still spilling out lies i see.........

I just saw it in another report that he was treated under medicare.

You dont get to hit people because you FEEL scared by their words.

DAMN YOU RIGHTIES!

arbus_masked_woman_in_wheelchair.jpg

Are you saying that I said all the Right is responsible for yelling at people in wheel chairs?

Now sit down and think about it a little folks.

One man bit a guy who hit him and then pushed him into the street and when he got up the guy put his finger in his face dso he bit it.

Now the lady in the wheelchair was being harrasses for speaking by a whole rable of the right not just one person.

One is self defense and the other is pure douchbaggery

As was stated in the thread dealing with that incident, the old man whose finger was bitten off was in the process of committing assault and battery when it happened.

He should be in jail. It's his own damn fault that he lost a finger in the process.

Last edited:
You have to understand the republican mindset.

People in wheelchairs are there because they are too lazy to stand on their own two feet. If this woman was a real American she would get a job and stop whining

Actually the man's finger "rotted" and fell off because like most GOP members it was habitually in his rectal passage.

A wheelchair is great for the sympathy vote.

WHY, because the women has a rational fear of losing her health insurance and once that happens she won't be able to get another other!

My father is an insurance agent, he specializes in group plans. He told me that for small businesses, one sick employee raises the rates enormously! Many employers come to him and say they want to drop their coverage and try to get coverage for the sick employee knocked out of the plan. Now that sick employee must get some type of private plan. However, the private plan either has a preexisting condition rider or is so expensive no person could afford it.

This woman has real fears that she wouldn't if there was a public option!

Why is the public option such a threat to the private insurance companies? I mean if the public option is so bad, why would someone switch to it? I mean I am not going to switch to it, if my private insurance is better! No one will! Here is what is happening. The insurance companies with their unlimited resources are blitzing the public. They are spending millions upon millions of policy holder's premium dollars to shoot down the public option, because they don't want the competition, which will (1) cut into their profits, (2) keep them honest, and (3) finally provide a legit alternative to the insurance companies bull shit policies!

It amazes me how people can stand up for the insurance companies! These are companies that actually create more waste for the healtcare industry that the government will do! What is it $0.25 of every premium dollar goes to administration. Doctor's offices need extensive administration staff to deal with the insurance companies. Doctor's need internal collections. Insurance companies spend millions on PR and lobbying the government! The government always wastes things, but the insurance do more of there share of it! If they didn't then why are our healthcare costs per capita the largest in the world?

The real issue has never been the just the public option. The issue is whether the people want the government to take over the U.S. health care system. And even without a public option, the bills in Congress would make Americans pay higher taxes and higher premiums, while government bureaucrats determine insurance benefits for all.

Yes, this lady has a real concern, but the country will become a little less free if we follow her advice.

And only about 40% of Americans put their trust in health insurance companies, so it's certainly not a majority. And 3rd Party and Administrative costs can be reined in by putting the patient back in control of the medical purchasing decision. But we all know, Obama will pass some sort of health care bill that Americans will be bound to for the next 50 years whether good or bad, unless, of course, the country goes bankrupt before then.

Great point! They, including the insurance companies, fear the public option snow-balling into a UHC system. I agree that should be a rational fear, because I think it would be the start. I personally want it, so its not really a fear of mine!:redface:

New Jersey News Video and Live Webcasts | Ledger Live - NJ.com

On this site is the video of a woman at a town hall who tries to tell her story and the whole time IDIOTS scream and yell at her for speaking out.

This is what you people are reduced to?

Your children are watching and will soon realize what kind of people you really are.

You will lose an entire genration of voters.

This is what the Republican Party is all about.

Corporate lobbyists come first!

Forum List

Back