heckling a woman in a wheelchair

Cant prove on can you

looks a lot like english only different......

is free speech directed at someone in a wheelchair forbiden.....isn't shouting someone down wrong no matter what....both sides are guilty of this.....

are republicans the only political group that lies.....

both parties have lost the the plot in my opinion....along with their supporters....

From another report:

"It’s your fault!" they yell at another woman who spoke of her developmentally disabled daughter being dropped from her blind husband’s insurance plan."

It's also Glenn Beck's daughter's fault...that damn crippled bitch!

You know what we need in this country? Death Panels.

New Jersey News Video and Live Webcasts | Ledger Live - NJ.com

On this site is the video of a woman at a town hall who tries to tell her story and the whole time IDIOTS scream and yell at her for speaking out.

This is what you people are reduced to?

Your children are watching and will soon realize what kind of people you really are.

You will lose an entire genration of voters.

WTH?

Because she has a handicap she cannot be treated in the same way anybody without that handicap would be treated?

Let's say you have a fully functional non-handicapped body and stake out a ridiculous position in a public forum which the majority find laughable? Given freedom of speech, would a round of heckling be "wrong?" Nope.

Now, let's change it a tiny bit. Instead of you having a fully functional non-handicapped body, let's say you are handicapped physically and confined to a wheelchair. Still, you stake out your ridiculous position in that public forum and the majority still find it laughable. Is your notion of political correctness one that requires that we politely applaud your vapid expression of absurd political opinion, now?

You dont get it do you?

Its a public forum and everyone should be allowed to say their piece right?

The republicans are the ones who came up with this tactic.

You are distroying the image of your party by acting like assholes who mock a woman who is ill and in a wheelchair.

You can pretend its some great sacrafice by these right wing assholes to scream at a woman who is trying to be heard and mocking her illness in an attempt to shut her up but you will lose many elections to come if that is your position.

There is a thing called common decency but you people have seemed to have thrown that into the trash can allong with the lives of many humans on this planet to merely stay blind to any real discussion of the countries well being and support your partisan views..

You dont get it do you?

Its a public forum and everyone should be allowed to say their piece right?

The republicans are the ones who came up with this tactic.

You are distroying the image of your party by acting like assholes who mock a woman who is ill and in a wheelchair.

You can pretend its some great sacrafice by these right wing assholes to scream at a woman who is trying to be heard and mocking her illness in an attempt to shut her up but you will lose many elections to come if that is your position.

There is a thing called common decency but you people have seemed to have thrown that into the trash can allong with the lives of many humans on this planet to merely stay blind to any real discussion of the countries well being and support your partisan views..
Damn. I can't rep you for that one
though I want to.

This is wrong. It's wrong if the right does it . . . . and it's wrong if the left does it. Don't you agree?

This is why I ignored the question.

Not one scintilla of proof that both sides heckled the handicapped.

But that wasn't my question. Although my question was vague and I can see that's how you read it, my other posts all basically say the same thing. The disruptive behavior, the shout downs, the yelling, etc. is wrong and a waste of time . . . . regardless of which side is doing it.

It is wrong to try and keep others from being heard when its supposed to be a public forum.

Is it only wrong when Repubs do it?

It is the republican party who did this and you have yet to accept that this plan to stop any debate on healthcare at the town halls was a republican plan from the very begining.

This isn't their 'plan', this is their gut reaction to Obama trying to shove his public option down our throats, as well as their reaction to the reckless stimuless, ominibus, cap n tax, etc. crap that's been forced down.

If it were their 'plan', it's a foolish one. You can catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar.

I see you've gotten your period. I find that Midol helps.

Without health care, there are no choices. And I would like an explanation from you where those with no employee benefit and no medicare would have any savings or care to control.

Define the US health care sector.

Define what you believe the republicans mean by "individual."

Cause it aint you babe.

Without health care there are no choices? Huh? That doesn't mean anything.

And what are you talking about when you say "no employee benefit?" That has nothing to do with the argument. I've worked for a couple small start-up companies with no employee benefits. So what did I do? I got my own!

Finally, you bring up Republicans. Talk to a Republican if you want to know what they think. :eusa_hand:

I see all this just went over your head. Maybe Obamacare can help you with that, but I doubt it. :lol:

1. Think.
2. I got mine fuck you isn't a winning argument. Wait for it.
3 Libertarian? There are all sorts of government programs that do and have benefit (ed) your life. Go set your sorry ass at birth down in Darfur and see how far your talent alone gets you.
4.I don't miss much. Sure, I was born at night, but it wasn't last night, and I stayed up all night long.

:lol: You're the one that posted the mindless rant! It's not my fault you can't communicate in English.

And BTW, you are projecting. That's what you seem to be good at. I never said all government programs are bad and don't have benefit. Jeez! Do you also see black helicopters at night? Of course you do, since you stay up all night! :lol:

Seriously, why do you dweebs resort to insults? That's all you've got. Pathetic really.

From the story:

"There was no discussion, no one listened to anyone. Pallone could not open his mouth before being jeered and heckled."

Pallone was bound to get it from one side or the other. If he says (generally speaking) that he favors a public option, OF COURSE the opponents will let him hear their disapproval.

But if he says that he opposes the so-called "public option," OF COURSE proponents of that plan will JEER his ass for opposing it.

Jeering the politician, to share your POV, is hardly new in American politics. I WANT the citizenry to LET THE POLITICIANS KNOW how we feel.

Now back to the actual topic: the jeering of the lady in the wheelchair. Did she get shouted over a bit? Yes. Was that "cool?" Probably not. But there's a certain "flow" to these events and the caterwauling from both sides had taken over. Some people in the back seemingly couldn't even HEAR what she was saying. Thus, jeering it was clearly not a product of disagreement with whatever she was attempting to say. It was just an ongoing CROWD behavior kind of thing, or so it appears to me.

Jeering to shut-up your (supposed) "opponent" is not the right notion of free speech. But jeering to express disapproval over a specific facet of an opponent's claims or contentions IS a proper mainfestation of free speech.

Regardless of her disability, if she's going to go to a town hall meeting to speak out, there's absolutely no law that says we have to agree with or even be any more polite to her than we would be to any other person.

Equality is equality. Tough shit for all. Can't handle the fire, stay out of the frying pan.

Regardless of her disability, if she's going to go to a town hall meeting to speak out, there's absolutely no law that says we have to agree with or even be any more polite to her than we would be to any other person.

Equality is equality. Tough shit for all. Can't handle the fire, stay out of the frying pan.

:clap2:

Dems: We special, elitist dickheads, and nobody may usurp our dickhead power. Regardless of what the majority wants.

Forum List

Back