First lady and ignorance.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Why Michelle Obama's Hair Matters - Yahoo! News

What a moronic paper. I can just imagine if some white woman posted a similar piece on the Cultural importance of some white First Lady's hair do, what the liberals would be howling about. Kooks worry about that crap just like kooks worry about her wearing shorts or a cardigan or short sleeves. Those only become news if she wears them to a FORMAL event. Although formal attire for women can and does include dresses with out sleeves.

Seems you completely missed the point of the article.

Nope got it completely, somehow one woman is the be all for an entire race in this country. Hair is just hair, there is no secret meaning or great social upheaval occurring because of what the First Lady does with her hair. And again if someone were posting this garbage about a WHITE First Lady the left would be all over it for the ignorance it portends.

Lets be specific shall we? Obama's hair has no special meaning, no special importance at all except to kooks and idiots. It does not matter if she has straight hair or kinky hair. It does not matter if she gets a hair cut or not. The length of her hair is unimportant. Her hair is unimportant.

What happens to all this idol worship when Obama is no longer in the White House and a WHITE person is?

Yeah, you're right.

RGS missed the article's point entirely.

Don't bother trying to explain it to him.

He's not capable of changing his mind, regardless of how you'll seek to dumb it down so that even an idiot could understand it.

Nope got it completely, somehow one woman is the be all for an entire race in this country. Hair is just hair, there is no secret meaning or great social upheaval occurring because of what the First Lady does with her hair. And again if someone were posting this garbage about a WHITE First Lady the left would be all over it for the ignorance it portends.

Lets be specific shall we? Obama's hair has no special meaning, no special importance at all except to kooks and idiots. It does not matter if she has straight hair or kinky hair. It does not matter if she gets a hair cut or not. The length of her hair is unimportant. Her hair is unimportant.

What happens to all this idol worship when Obama is no longer in the White House and a WHITE person is?

Man you really need to lighten up the fact this upset you is very disturbing. What you dont understand is women of color have to put in alot of work to achieve hair styles such as hers and more work to keep it up. They were just applauding her for not taking the easy way out.

she gonna be a bring the people together hmm her first action was leading a group of kids through the white house saying slaves did this slaves did that instead of emphasizing on the word slave she could have said africans.

What if Michelle had skinny well kept looking dreads locs would ppl care about it? Would people look at her different. What if she didn't have a relaxer or used heat, and wore twist out's or a curly afro. Would she be looked at as someone who doesn't take care of their appearance. Seriously i'm just curious.

Last edited:
she gonna be a bring the people together hmm her first action was leading a group of kids through the white house saying slaves did this slaves did that instead of emphasizing on the word slave she could have said africans.

And the point of that is to have children understand that having been slaves was not shameful for those that were enslaved, because they were the victims, not the perpetrators. It also negates the ideas promoted that those who were slaves deserved it. There were/are those that pushed this point of view - saying that both the Africans or slaves were too stupid, etc., to do anything on their own and that they were capable of nothing, had no skills or talents, and were the intellectual equivalent of young children, a self-serving lie to justify slavery. While promoting a supposed inability, these same slaveholders made it illegal for many of those in captivity to be educated at all, even refusing to let them learn read. In spite of all these restrictions, some managed to educate themselves secretly.

And YOU, why TELL a lie, the people were slaves, they were held against their will, and they still managed to accomplish many things inspite of captivity. Your attempt to WHITEwash the situation is about a shame the slaves do not own, but the slaveholders do. You attempt to make it look like a few Africans just sorta stopped by and helped out a little. Stop trying to lipstick up that pig! It will still be a pig. Of the people taken in slavery, many died, and of those that lived, their lives were very harsh.

Africans in America/Part 1/The Middle Passage

[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]Part 2: 1750-1805[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]Part 3: 1791-1831[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica,Arial]Part 4: 1831-1865[/FONT]

The the issue does not deserve the "wink and a nod" treatment you are attempting. What kind of country is this, if we are incapable of acknowledging errors as a way to improve all of our lives?

I love afros and have been waiting for years to see them come back.

If I were of any decent that had tight curls I would go fro for sure.

What the fuck is with you anyway? Is this important to you or are you just posting your shit to show your blatant bigotry against black people in general? Nevermind, I already know the answer.

HAIR is very very important to women, ALL women, you old fart. Black women who can afford it spend a fortune trying to emulate the styles of the day. Many wear expensive wigs.

I'm white, but I suffered all through my younger years with kinky curly RED hair (think Janis Joplin), and cried many times when trying to straighten it with home products which worked only until the slightest humidity arrived. My sister had just the opposite, and we both wished we had each other's hair. Now that I'm older, the curl is gone and the shade has blended with gray just enough to create a beautiful frosting appearance, something I would have killed for right up through my 40's. I'm sure there are many, MANY white women who can sympathize with the kinky hair black women must endure because theirs is ten times worse than I just described on a white woman with kinky hair.

Last edited:

Yeah, you're right.

RGS missed the article's point entirely.

Don't bother trying to explain it to him.

He's not capable of changing his mind, regardless of how you'll seek to dumb it down so that even an idiot could understand it.

I know, but as long as I'M standing, I won't let assholes like that get away with it. His "rationale" (like that's even in his vocabulary) is that Michelle's hair shouldn't matter. Millions of women tried to copy Jackie Kennedy's style, Sarah Palin's (in fact she has eyeglass frames named after her). It's what women of all color DO.

Why Michelle Obama's Hair Matters - Yahoo! News

What a moronic paper. I can just imagine if some white woman posted a similar piece on the Cultural importance of some white First Lady's hair do, what the liberals would be howling about. Kooks worry about that crap just like kooks worry about her wearing shorts or a cardigan or short sleeves. Those only become news if she wears them to a FORMAL event. Although formal attire for women can and does include dresses with out sleeves.

AND that's your problem.

We will have to re do what he has un done on race relations.

That was all a myth. We just thought we were progressing. And all the while they were going to church to hear hatred the likes of which bullfrog could preach. It was all a myth and smokescreen.

Mrs. Obama's hair? Who cares? Who even cares that she wore 400 dollar shoes to a charity soup kitchen event. Cindy McCain wore a $300,000 outfit at the Republican Convention. You could buy three more houses with that much money.
Imagine having so much money you could spend it on a $300,000 outfit. No wonder she needs another tax break. Think she has health insurance?

Were you a part of that tour?

Forum List

Back