Heaven

Muslim heaven gives you 72 virgins. What do I get from Christian heaven? What about Jew heaven? So many choices...

Muslim heaven gives you 72 virgins. What do I get from Christian heaven? What about Jew heaven? So many choices...

So are you really agnostic about if when you die your soul moves on to a place called heaven where it never gets sick or sad and never dies? I THINK you know the probability of that are slim to (almost) nil. So as far as the bible god goes are you an atheist or agnostic atheist?

As far as generic god goes you may be agnostic but I don't think you are agnostic about the god that supposedly visited 2000 years ago. Are you? So since I can't give you any evidence to prove heaven is a made up place, you think that gives any credibility to the thought?

Or are you smart enough to know this is just wishful thinking?

Humans think they are smart but we are actually just smart enough to be curious and not like not knowin the answers to things like what happens when we die. So as smart as we are, we are also very gullible superstitious and wishful thinkers.

And is heaven really heaven for a girl who's eternally a virgin? What happens after the 72nd day when they are no longer virgins? Now they are just 72 demanding girlfriends.

And is heaven heaven for the virgins or are they in hell?

Have you ever been sodomized? Well then maybe you are going to muslim heaven to be some gay muslims virgin. Ever think of that?

Call it atheistic curiousity, but I'm wondering how the religious members here believe they are going to spend eternity. How are you going to occupy your time? What kind of activities will you be doing? etc.
Not a lot of answers in 05 let's try again. Do theists really believe they are gods in the next lifetime? Paradise for all eternity? Really people?
No. I have no idea what it will be. Do you know?
Yes I do know. You aren't a God that lives forever.

That's a pretty amazing claim that you are a God who will never die for all of eternity.
I see. You know that but you don't know if there is a Creator. That seems kind of contradictory to me.

For some odd reason you seem to have latched onto the belief that I believe that I am a God who will live forever. That's not what I believe but it does not harm me for you to believe that's what I believe.

What evidence do we have to believe that matter and energy "lives" for ever? The physical laws of nature. Science tells us that matter and energy cannot be destroyed, that matter and energy only change form. So science tells you that the matter/energy that you are comprised of, will "live" forever. Trust me, you will be without excuse. You won't be able to make the "I didn't know" argument. You were given more than enough signs to know.

Call it atheistic curiousity, but I'm wondering how the religious members here believe they are going to spend eternity. How are you going to occupy your time? What kind of activities will you be doing? etc.

Create worlds and species under the guidance of God and His angels. Travel between worlds and spaces. Create and play different kinds of games. Chat with each other in churches. To learn history by jumping back to the point of occurrence to watch directly instead of reading a history book written by humans. So that, say, you can figure it out by yourself who killed JFK.
Micheal the angel?

God has a great army of angels, Michael is just one of the millions.
So is Satan, and angel that God couldn't defeat...

Does anyone get the point I'm trying to make? The idea that people think they are gods in waiting. Is that the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard? Yet so many people truly believe they are gods after they die. People really need to get over themselves.
I get the rationalization you are trying to make. I get why you need to make that rationalization. I just don't agree with it or why you need to make it in the first place.

You too are a religious man MissileMan and your faith system is Atheism.

If it were NOT a faith (or more precisely lack-of-faith) system then you would simply be an impartial Agnostic. But you are not. You have chosen another label for yourself.

In your faith system of atheism everything goes away poof !! when you die. I hope you are right, in your case, so that you are not disappointed. However there is no Philosophy supporting your point of view on this.

The agnostics simply cannot say because they do not know. They are too busy peering into their microscopes and telescopes and test tubes.

The 12 major religions of the world have each come up with some type of eternal endless existence after this life which is consistent with Modern and Romantic Philosophy.

What is so hard about that ?!

Last edited:
This virgin fantasy only fools idiots called mooseleems.

Got your suicide vest yet ?!

Have you tested it ?!

This is a great question! I'm actually teaching my Sunday school class about this very subject this weekend. What a coincidence! ;)

I think we will spend a lot of time worshipping the Lord, being with Him, having our questions answered, and especially basking in His love. (If you think orgasm is great, you should feel the "thrill of the Spirit"!) But I think we will also have specific jobs, perfectly suited to our personalities. According to the Bible, we will have new, perfect, and physical bodies, so there will probably be a physical world to explore and manage. These are just my ideas. The Bible only hints; it is not explicit.
Don't forget however that Revelation and Hebrews have both been discredited by Eusebius. You should know that if you teach Sunday School or Bible Study. You should read Eusebius.

MissileMan said:

Much of it will be in worship. But there will be a society of people there, so I'm sure there will be societal roles that we will fill as well. Not sure what else there will be, but hopefully there will be a football league for those of us who want to play! :D
The Tenakh talks about a class of admins called the Seraphim and another class called the Cherubim. The Seraphim are household administrators to Deity and probably supervise the Cherubim who are the workers and messengers.

This is a great question! I'm actually teaching my Sunday school class about this very subject this weekend. What a coincidence! ;)

I think we will spend a lot of time worshipping the Lord, being with Him, having our questions answered, and especially basking in His love. (If you think orgasm is great, you should feel the "thrill of the Spirit"!) But I think we will also have specific jobs, perfectly suited to our personalities. According to the Bible, we will have new, perfect, and physical bodies, so there will probably be a physical world to explore and manage. These are just my ideas. The Bible only hints; it is not explicit.
Don't forget however that Revelation and Hebrews have both been discredited by Eusebius. You should know that if you teach Sunday School or Bible Study. You should read Eusebius.
Eusebius ROCKS!

Especially the third album. :D

MissileMan said:

Much of it will be in worship. But there will be a society of people there, so I'm sure there will be societal roles that we will fill as well. Not sure what else there will be, but hopefully there will be a football league for those of us who want to play! :D
The Tenakh talks about a class of admins called the Seraphim and another class called the Cherubim. The Seraphim are household administrators to Deity and probably supervise the Cherubim who are the workers and messengers.
And then they pass the collection plate around. :lol:

Not a lot of answers in 05 let's try again. Do theists really believe they are gods in the next lifetime? Paradise for all eternity? Really people?
Theists believe there is something.

Deists also believe this too.

Hard to say what however.

Each of the major founders of the 12 major world religions were more concerned with good works here than with a carrot in the next life.

This virgin fantasy only fools idiots called mooseleems.

Got your suicide vest yet ?!

Have you tested it ?!
Ya, I did, it didn't work.
I guess you need to requisition a new one then.

Maybe the det cord was old and too dry.
The 72 virgins are still looking good though!

Each of the major founders of the 12 major world religions were more concerned with good works here than with a carrot in the next life.
Virgins beat carrots.

MissileMan said:

Whatever you can afford to donate.

Remember the movies also last a couple of hours and they cost about $20 bucks. It's worth at least that much.

And if some fanatical sect wants all your money then find a new church !!!

Virgins beat carrots.
If you are going to jack off then you just need a Playboy magazine you don't need to blow yourself up with a suicide vest to get 72 Virgins.

There are at least 72 photos in every girlie magazine for you.

MissileMan said:

Whatever you can afford to donate.

Remember the movies also last a couple of hours and they cost about $20 bucks. It's worth at least that much.

And if some fanatical sect wants all your money then find a new church !!!
The church has way more money than anyone. They should be giving YOU money. :D

Forum List

Back