Heaven

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by MissileMan, May 10, 2005.

1. MissileMan

MissileMan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Call it atheistic curiousity, but I'm wondering how the religious members here believe they are going to spend eternity. How are you going to occupy your time? What kind of activities will you be doing? etc.

2. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    This is a great question! I'm actually teaching my Sunday school class about this very subject this weekend. What a coincidence! ;)

I think we will spend a lot of time worshipping the Lord, being with Him, having our questions answered, and especially basking in His love. (If you think orgasm is great, you should feel the "thrill of the Spirit"!) But I think we will also have specific jobs, perfectly suited to our personalities. According to the Bible, we will have new, perfect, and physical bodies, so there will probably be a physical world to explore and manage. These are just my ideas. The Bible only hints; it is not explicit.

3. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Much of it will be in worship. But there will be a society of people there, so I'm sure there will be societal roles that we will fill as well. Not sure what else there will be, but hopefully there will be a football league for those of us who want to play! :D