Heaven

MissileMan

Sep 11, 2004
Call it atheistic curiousity, but I'm wondering how the religious members here believe they are going to spend eternity. How are you going to occupy your time? What kind of activities will you be doing? etc.

This is a great question! I'm actually teaching my Sunday school class about this very subject this weekend. What a coincidence! ;)

I think we will spend a lot of time worshipping the Lord, being with Him, having our questions answered, and especially basking in His love. (If you think orgasm is great, you should feel the "thrill of the Spirit"!) But I think we will also have specific jobs, perfectly suited to our personalities. According to the Bible, we will have new, perfect, and physical bodies, so there will probably be a physical world to explore and manage. These are just my ideas. The Bible only hints; it is not explicit.

MissileMan said:
Call it atheistic curiousity, but I'm wondering how the religious members here believe they are going to spend eternity. How are you going to occupy your time? What kind of activities will you be doing? etc.

Much of it will be in worship. But there will be a society of people there, so I'm sure there will be societal roles that we will fill as well. Not sure what else there will be, but hopefully there will be a football league for those of us who want to play! :D

Not a lot of answers in 05 let's try again. Do theists really believe they are gods in the next lifetime? Paradise for all eternity? Really people?

I have no idea. Catholic thought teaches that the difference between heaven and hell is separation from God.

Not a lot of answers in 05 let's try again. Do theists really believe they are gods in the next lifetime? Paradise for all eternity? Really people?
No. I have no idea what it will be. Do you know?

No. I have no idea what it will be. Do you know?
Yes I do know. You aren't a God that lives forever.

That's a pretty amazing claim that you are a God who will never die for all of eternity.

ZOMBIE THREAD

giphy.gif

Those who answered pretty much cover what Christianity teaches.

If they are wrong, who cares? No harm, no foul.

If they are right, well.....

People who lived long before we did once described this world as our shadow existence, that the next life is true light. I have reason to agree with this; that in old-fashion photography terms, this life is like the film negative (dark and shadowy), whereas the next life is the print (bright and colorful).

The Baltimore Catechism taught that in this life we are to know God, love Him, and serve Him. I believe this prepares us for the next life of the next level of knowing, loving, and serving God. The Catechism states that this will be a happy existence.

There is a shortage of chairs...

Create worlds and species under the guidance of God and His angels. Travel between worlds and spaces. Create and play different kinds of games. Chat with each other in churches. To learn history by jumping back to the point of occurrence to watch directly instead of reading a history book written by humans. So that, say, you can figure it out by yourself who killed JFK.

Create worlds and species under the guidance of God and His angels. Travel between worlds and spaces. Create and play different kinds of games. Chat with each other in churches. To learn history by jumping back to the point of occurrence to watch directly instead of reading a history book written by humans. So that, say, you can figure it out by yourself who killed JFK.
Micheal the angel?

Micheal the angel?

God has a great army of angels, Michael is just one of the millions.

Micheal the angel?

So is Satan, and angel that God couldn't defeat...

Micheal the angel?

Does anyone get the point I'm trying to make? The idea that people think they are gods in waiting. Is that the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard? Yet so many people truly believe they are gods after they die. People really need to get over themselves.

Micheal the angel?

Does anyone get the point I'm trying to make? The idea that people think they are gods in waiting. Is that the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard? Yet so many people truly believe they are gods after they die. People really need to get over themselves.
They also need to realize that what Jesus said about death is not what is preached in the pulpits at funerals...

I'm a Presbyterian, not a Catholic, which means I'll be spending quite a number of centuries in purgatory.

I'm a Presbyterian, not a Catholic, which means I'll be spending quite a number of centuries in purgatory.

Here is a couple centuries ..

Here is eternity ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................KEEP GOING......................................DON'T STOP.......................EVER..........................................................

Forum List

Back