Heaven

Call it atheistic curiousity, but I'm wondering how the religious members here believe they are going to spend eternity. How are you going to occupy your time? What kind of activities will you be doing? etc.
Not a lot of answers in 05 let's try again. Do theists really believe they are gods in the next lifetime? Paradise for all eternity? Really people?
Theists believe there is something.

Deists also believe this too.

Hard to say what however.

Each of the major founders of the 12 major world religions were more concerned with good works here than with a carrot in the next life.
Virgins beat carrots.
If you are going to jack off then you just need a Playboy magazine you don't need to blow yourself up with a suicide vest to get 72 Virgins.

There are at least 72 photos in every girlie magazine for you.
Ya, but my dad's Playboys never show any good snatch, they always have their legs closed like they're hiding a dick or something.

Call it atheistic curiousity, but I'm wondering how the religious members here believe they are going to spend eternity. How are you going to occupy your time? What kind of activities will you be doing? etc.
Not a lot of answers in 05 let's try again. Do theists really believe they are gods in the next lifetime? Paradise for all eternity? Really people?

Each of the major founders of the 12 major world religions were more concerned with good works here than with a carrot in the next life.
Virgins beat carrots.
If you are going to jack off then you just need a Playboy magazine you don't need to blow yourself up with a suicide vest to get 72 Virgins.

Ya, but my dad's Playboys never show any good snatch, they always have their legs closed like they're hiding a dick or something.
Fokking child. That figures.

Ignore list.

Virgins beat carrots.

Fokking child. That figures.

Ignore list.
Virgins still beat carrots. :lol:

This is a great question! I'm actually teaching my Sunday school class about this very subject this weekend. What a coincidence! ;)

I think we will spend a lot of time worshipping the Lord, being with Him, having our questions answered, and especially basking in His love. (If you think orgasm is great, you should feel the "thrill of the Spirit"!) But I think we will also have specific jobs, perfectly suited to our personalities. According to the Bible, we will have new, perfect, and physical bodies, so there will probably be a physical world to explore and manage. These are just my ideas. The Bible only hints; it is not explicit.
I am an agnostic, but I love that answer. It recons back to a naivete I lost but still find dear and sweet. Orgasm loses it's edge, as do all earthy experiences. So in the afterlife, does God renew our bodies need for dopamine and a pleasure fix? And spending eternity doing the same thing, worshiping a god, dosen't god already KNOW how great he is already, and why would god NEED worshipers, anyway? It all seems a little silly.

This is a great question! I'm actually teaching my Sunday school class about this very subject this weekend. What a coincidence! ;)

I think we will spend a lot of time worshipping the Lord, being with Him, having our questions answered, and especially basking in His love. (If you think orgasm is great, you should feel the "thrill of the Spirit"!) But I think we will also have specific jobs, perfectly suited to our personalities. According to the Bible, we will have new, perfect, and physical bodies, so there will probably be a physical world to explore and manage. These are just my ideas. The Bible only hints; it is not explicit.
I am an agnostic, but I love that answer. It recons back to a naivete I lost but still find dear and sweet. Orgasm loses it's edge, as do all earthy experiences. So in the afterlife, does God renew our bodies need for dopamine and a pleasure fix? And spending eternity doing the same thing, worshiping a god, dosen't god already KNOW how great he is already, and why would god NEED worshipers, anyway? It all seems a little silly.
It's not for Him, it's for us.

How so? I want to believe in God. I used to once. Maybe there is a god, I just don't see how any religion can understand a god, if there is one. Sorry, that's my admission of sin. Not perfect.

Create worlds and species under the guidance of God and His angels. Travel between worlds and spaces. Create and play different kinds of games. Chat with each other in churches. To learn history by jumping back to the point of occurrence to watch directly instead of reading a history book written by humans. So that, say, you can figure it out by yourself who killed JFK.
Micheal the angel?

God has a great army of angels, Michael is just one of the millions.
So is Satan, and angel that God couldn't defeat...

It always pays to read the ending. God defeats Satan.

Muslim heaven gives you 72 virgins. What do I get from Christian heaven? What about Jew heaven? So many choices...

Somewhere I read or heard those virgins are more like aliens and they are bald lol.
There really aren't many choices.

Muslim heaven gives you 72 virgins. What do I get from Christian heaven? What about Jew heaven? So many choices...
This virgin fantasy only fools idiots called mooseleems.

Got your suicide vest yet ?!

Have you tested it ?!
Ya, I did, it didn't work.
I guess you need to requisition a new one then.

Maybe the det cord was old and too dry.
The 72 virgins are still looking good though!
...you better bring a bag of wigs. Lol

Create worlds and species under the guidance of God and His angels. Travel between worlds and spaces. Create and play different kinds of games. Chat with each other in churches. To learn history by jumping back to the point of occurrence to watch directly instead of reading a history book written by humans. So that, say, you can figure it out by yourself who killed JFK.
Micheal the angel?

The Seventh Angel who was called Auriel (means light) rebelled.

He never stood a chance.

He had become insane.

He was allow to rule in Hell. That was the only job God had available for a rebel.

There was never a contest.

You cannot defeat God. Nobody can.

... I want to believe in God. I used to once. Maybe there is a god, I just don't see how any religion can understand a god, if there is one. Sorry, that's my admission of sin. Not perfect.
You are the perfect agnostic.

You neither pronounce that there is a God nor that there is not.

You are like a scientist looking for factual data as evidence.

That's fair enough.

Modern and Romantic Philosophy teach us that there must be a God or else you run into all sorts of contradictions of logic when you view the Cosmos which is filled with mortal life forms and elements and compounds which are destructible and all tend towards entropy.

The 12 major religions of the world declare that there is a God and that we must each meet the God's criteria for "good" living.

You just have to do what your conscience tells you to do, then hope for the best.

If you lead an extraordinarily good life and do extraordinarily good things then don't be surprised if The God visits you personally and tells you thanks. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Micheal the angel?

He never stood a chance.

He had become insane.

He was allow to rule in Hell. That was the only job God had available for a rebel.

I only know about some angels. Is
Micheal the angel?

He never stood a chance.

He had become insane.

Adriel. Is there an another angel with a similar name. Uriel?

Micheal the angel?

He never stood a chance.

He had become insane.

I only know about some angels. Is
Micheal the angel?

He never stood a chance.

He had become insane.

Adriel. Is there an another angel with a similar name. Uriel?
They are spelled slightly differently in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. Yes.

How so? I want to believe in God. I used to once. Maybe there is a god, I just don't see how any religion can understand a god, if there is one. Sorry, that's my admission of sin. Not perfect.
He's not that hard to find. Maybe you are looking for Him in the wrong place.

Forum List

Back