Healthcare wins, the people wins..

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by MajikMyst, Mar 22, 2010.

1. MajikMyst

MajikMyst Honorary Non-member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    After watching the passage on television and watching the reaction on the news.. I am reminded that we as a nation still has a long way to go.. Even reading some of the responses here it is clear that some people are just not together in this nation..

Ok? So what did healthcare reform get us?? Well.. There we be no more denials based on pre-existing conditions.. Policies can't be cancelled when we get sick.. Seniors well get help with perscription drugs.. The doughnut hole in medicare will be closed.. Small business will get tax credits for covering their employees.. Not to mention many many more things for the people of this nation..

I am not going to claim that it is perfect.. We are human after all... We couldn't get writing the bible right either.. The fact that it isn't perfect isn't a reason not to vote for it.. In fact, just forcing insurance companies to stop denying people for pre-existing conditions is a big step.. So?? Anyone care to guess how many people have DIED because they have a pre-existing condition?? I learned something new lastnight.. Did yo know that being a woman is a pre-existing condition?? Or better yet, being pregnant?? Most insurance companies do not cover a c-section as a pregnancy is considered a pre-existing condition.. I didn't know that.. So How much is a life worth? You all are worried about money.. How much is a life worth? How much is own life worth? How much is 45,000 lives worth each year?

This bill isn't about money or the economy.. It is about LIFE and DEATH.. Republicans can't seem to understand that.. We can work out the financial bugs later.. But first lets save some lives?? How can any you of be against that?? Most americans don't care how it is passed or how it all works.. They just want to know it does..

So here we are.. It passed and republicans are in arms promising to repeal the bill and filing law suits.. So?? What is it about death that fascinates you?? Members of congress have had racial slurs yelled them.. Homophobic slurs yelled at them.. Even spat on.. Is that your idea of protest?? Even in the house chamber, a republican yelled 'Baby Kiler'.. Is that protest?? That is not protest.. That is not representing the people that voted for you.. That is not speaking for america.. You people need to realize that..

So I will end my little note with this..

This bill is not about money or even healthcare.. It is about saving the lives of fellow americans from death.. That is the issue in it's simplest form..

Our founding fathers identified this issue as a right!!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Life!! The right to live.. That is what healthcare is about.. That is what our founding fathers knew.. They wrote on it.. They signed it.. Why aren't you behind it and supporting it??

• Thank You! Thank You! x 5
  2. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    The United States losses, and Americans get fucked.

The big winners are the big government corperate stooges.

And of course, the useful idiot enablers who think this was a great thing.

3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    The health care and drug industry will profit. As I predicted before this even hit congress.
    Lobbying works for corporations.

I am still unsure how well the people will make out on this though.

4. MajikMyst

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Yup!! You morons said the same thing when medicare passed and Social security.. You were wrong then and you are wrong now..

Nothing new there.. :eusa_whistle:

5. MajikMyst

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    It will get better.. Medicare and Social security aren't what they are today because of 1 bill.. 1 bill got them started.. But they were later expanded and improved upon..

Well.. We now have our 1 bill.. Over the next few years.. It will be added to and expanded upon..

6. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I wish I could agree with you, but I don't.

This bill is about control. The government now has control of 1/6th of the U.S. economy and also your health insurance.

Now maybe you like the idea of Bureaucrats dictating to you, but I do not.

I like the idea of 30 some odd million Americans who do not have health insurance (right now I am one of those until I get a job... if I can get one now) and I like the idea of eliminating the pre-existing condition clause as well as a few other things.

What I do not like is the uncertainty of this bill... the open ended items that may end up being "gotcha's".

I would have been okay with many of the "reforms" included in this bill if they were not done in one fell swoop... this bill scares me.

I am not even opposed to universal health care believe it or not. I grew up under a health care plan in California called Kaiser Permanente and I must say for my family that HMO plan was great. It is what I think of when I think of "universal health care" although I know true universal health care is no where near as good a Kaiser's plan was.

But, this plan has too many open ends for me. Like I said, legislate the pre-existing condition clauses and other things, but for this sweeping change to be put in the hands of people that I do not trust (Democrats and Republicans) is very disconcerting to me.

Immie

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,199
    How do i win by my insurance premiums going up?

How do I win with my taxes going up?

How do I win when Drs go out of business?

How do I win when drug companies cant make a profit on their research?

How do I win when corruption permeates Washington?

How do I win with any of this?

Please tell me.

8. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    Negged for being an asshole.

You get personal, or you assume, you earn the neg.

9. MajikMyst

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Hmmm.. You lose cause none of that will happen.. Thanks for playing the game of life..

I am sorry you are to stupid to know what that is...

As for your taxes going up?? Try living in poverty.. Let me know which is worse.. Taxes or poverty..

10. MajikMyst

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    You negged my for stating a point of fact..

I am sorry that histroy is such a mystery to you.. I won't neg you however.. I have better things to do than to worry about your rep on an internet forum.. :eusa_whistle: