Healthcare winners and losers?

:lol:

Sorry, I just find someone benefiting from handouts and then complaining about paying for something pretty amusing.

Leave it to a brainwashed liberal to view a reduction in the taxes one pays to the government as a "handout." :lol:

Leave it to a brainwashed liberal to view a reduction in the taxes one pays to the government as a "handout." :lol:
In many cases it is more than a reduction. Lots and lots of poor people get more credit than they paid in and thus get a "refund" from the IRS.

In many cases it is more than a reduction. Lots and lots of poor people get more credit than they paid in and thus get a "refund" from the IRS.

Can you prove that?
Sure. I'll find a link or two. But Allie knows it is true and so do a couple of other conservatives on this forum that benefit from it.

PS Ravi, if I DON'T file for my taxes, the IRS determines I OWE money and garnishes my paycheck. Regardless of the fact that if I had filed, they would owe ME.

So we get in trouble for not filing taxes, even if the government "owes" us.

That's one of those nice catch-22s that comes when you let the federal government screw with your paycheck and enforce the law.

and THAT is wrong. I have no problem with people under 20k/year getting back 100% of their federal income tax, I do have a problem with them receiving more than 100% refund though.

and THAT is wrong. I have no problem with people under 20k/year getting back 100% of their federal income tax, I do have a problem with them receiving more than 100% refund though.
I do, too, except if they have kids. I have a hard time with that one.

I learned something today.

I honestly had no idea that the IRS was in the welfare business.

I find absolutely no circumstance where someone receiving a refund (actually payment) from the IRS that is greater than their personal contribution to the IRS is acceptable.

We can agree to disagree on this one though.

You can thank good old George Bush jr and his tax cuts for that one. Freaking progressive republican asshole.

I find absolutely no circumstance where someone receiving a refund (actually payment) from the IRS that is greater than their personal contribution to the IRS is acceptable.

I get back more than I pay in every year.
You can disagree if you like, but that's the truth.

And I think thats wrong. You shouldn't get back extra on top of what you paid. Thats redistribution of wealth.

You don't get it unless you have kids.
And are a single parent hh.

And I think thats wrong. You shouldn't get back extra on top of what you paid. Thats redistribution of wealth.

Yes it is.
Take it up with the legislators and the left who insist on pushing this crap on us.

Yes it is.
Take it up with the legislators and the left who insist on pushing this crap on us.

don't worry friend I have been and am getting more and more motivation every day to ramp it up.

Well...they do!!!!! It's called Earned income credit!!!! aka EIC payments...seriously...you didn't know this?

You can thank good old George Bush jr and his tax cuts for that one. Freaking progressive republican asshole.

Wrong Plymco....EIC payments have been give out since 1975...

A refundable income tax credit for low-income working taxpayers (U.S. Code, Title 26, Section 32).

The earned income credit was originally enacted in 1975, and over the years it has grown to be one of the principal antipoverty programs in the federal budget. The credit was expanded significantly by the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993, and in 1998 some 18 million taxpayers were expected to claim more than $27 billion of earned income tax credits, with an average credit per taxpayer of almost $1,480 per year (U.S. Congress 1996: 809). In 1998, some families will be entitled to claim an earned income tax credit of up to $3,756 per year.

Unlike other tax credits for individuals (e.g., the dependent care credit), the earned income tax credit is refundable. That is, if the earned income tax credit exceeds the taxpayer's tax liability, the Internal Revenue Service will refund the difference. In 1998, for example, of the roughly $27 billion of earned income tax credits expected to be claimed, some $23 billion will be attributable to the portion of the credit that exceeds taxpayers' tax liabilities.
You see that last line? That's welfare.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/url.cfm?ID=1000524

Last edited:

Forum List

Back