Health Care vs. Abortion

tell me why people shouldnt get all the health care they need? (not what they want)

It's a myth that government, or anyone, can pay for that.

its not a myth, its all based on the all mighty dollar. im pretty sure magic johnson was able to beat HIV mostly due to his personal fortune and ability to pay for the best doctors and the best care.

now since the government is not providing free health care, your argument is still flawed.

It's a myth that everyone will get all the health care they need.

Nobody except someone with Magic Johnson's money will get HIV treatment like Magic Johnson gets.

Government won't change that. Or if they do, they best they can do is to make sure nobody gets the kind of health care Magic Johnson can afford, since THAT would not be fair.

It's a myth that government, or anyone, can pay for that.

its not a myth, its all based on the all mighty dollar. im pretty sure magic johnson was able to beat HIV mostly due to his personal fortune and ability to pay for the best doctors and the best care.

now since the government is not providing free health care, your argument is still flawed.

Nobody except someone with Magic Johnson's money will get HIV treatment like Magic Johnson gets.

Government won't change that. Or if they do, they best they can do is to make sure nobody gets the kind of health care Magic Johnson can afford, since THAT would not be fair.

its not a myth, you have used this line so many time i forgot count. since countries all over the world have longer life expentancies than us, all of whom also have universal health care.

you simple think that a life is only worth someone ability to pay, which is contradictory to the abortion argument that all life is sacred.

"Nobody except someone with Magic Johnson's money will get HIV treatment like Magic Johnson gets." - this could be one of dumbest lines ever

This 'the right' that you speak of.... you are aware, I assume, that they are individual people... not some borg like entity?

Nothing more annoying than people who treat others as a herd.... we tend to leave herd behavior to the left.

you realize your last comment was attributing herd behavior to others, yes?

there's no homogeneous left... remember will rogers "i don't belong to any organized political party; i'm a democrat'.

and to the o/p... the answer is they're not pro life, they're pro birth.

explain to me the difference between pro birth and pro life. ive never heard of a pro birth movement.

its not a myth, you have used this line so many time i forgot count. since countries all over the world have longer life expentancies than us, all of whom also have universal health care.

you simple think that a life is only worth someone ability to pay, which is contradictory to the abortion argument that all life is sacred.

"Nobody except someone with Magic Johnson's money will get HIV treatment like Magic Johnson gets." - this could be one of dumbest lines ever

You're a real moron if you thing government is gong to give everyone with HIV the same treatment Magic Johnson paid for.

You're a real moron if you thing government is gong to give everyone with HIV the same treatment Magic Johnson paid for.

you still fail to give a moral reason why they shouldnt

They can't, and they won't. Deal with it.

I've always found this to extremely interesting. The right wing of the country is just about unanimous in believing the abortion is wrong because "life is sacred." (you may correct me if im wrong). all life should be treated as a gift and no one person has the right to take that away from another.

along that line of thinking, why then is providing universal health care not treated with the same thinking? if all life i supposed to be sacred, and the right wants to make it law that no matter how a women gets pregnant she should be forced by law to carry that baby to term, then why is denying a person health care and by extension of that potentially life saving drugs and treatments wrong? we currently have the means and technology to treat most diseases and illnesses, but when it comes down to it, it seems like the bottom line has a greater value than human life.
Good question. Aside from Jillian, after four pages no one has tried to give a rational answer.

They can't, and they won't. Deal with it.

im not talking about the government, im talking about you genius.

its ok, you can just admit it. you think health should only be available to those who can pay. i hope this comes back to bite you in the ass one day. i can just see the karma now. there you are, sitting in the doctors office them telling you that you need a life saving surgery, but your insurance wont pay for it, and if you dont come up with $250,000 cash there is nothing that they can do for you. :lol::lol::lol:

I've always found this to extremely interesting. The right wing of the country is just about unanimous in believing the abortion is wrong because "life is sacred." (you may correct me if im wrong). all life should be treated as a gift and no one person has the right to take that away from another.

along that line of thinking, why then is providing universal health care not treated with the same thinking? if all life i supposed to be sacred, and the right wants to make it law that no matter how a women gets pregnant she should be forced by law to carry that baby to term, then why is denying a person health care and by extension of that potentially life saving drugs and treatments wrong? we currently have the means and technology to treat most diseases and illnesses, but when it comes down to it, it seems like the bottom line has a greater value than human life.
Good question. Aside from Jillian, after four pages no one has tried to give a rational answer.

exactly, its been distorted into how they dont want people to get free health care....
pretty sure that wasnt part of the original post.

You're not entitled to endless benefits on the backs of others no matter how much you procreate.

And yet you decry the number of abortions..

What do you propose to do with those babies that are allowed to go to term?

Archbishop Dolan also agonizes over the number of abortions while he also opposes the use of birth control

You're not entitled to endless benefits on the backs of others no matter how much you procreate.

Archbishop Dolan also agonizes over the number of abortions while he also opposes the use of birth control

Every good conservative opposes abortion,.....he needs someone to kick around the room in football season.

Believe it or not, their minds are really that far out there in cyberspace.

Last edited:

Show some self control and stop making them. Put them up for adoption if you do.

There is no relationship between people who can't control their procreation and people who are not indentured to pay for every baby they make.

exactly, its been distorted into how they dont want people to get free health care....

Is health care free if someone else pays for it?

Is health care free if someone else pays for it?

since the post is not about getting or not getting free health, your question is irrelevant. thanks for deflecting away from the health care vs. abortion argument again

Show some self control and stop making them. Put them up for adoption if you do.

There is no relationship between people who can't control their procreation and people who are not indentured to pay for every baby they make.

if no one wants that child, then they go into the system and the tax payers raise them. same argument you make about health care.

its not in your power to tell people who they can and cant have sex with. its not the governments either.

if no one wants that child, then they go into the system and the tax payers raise them. same argument you make about health care.

its not in your power to tell people who they can and cant have sex with. its not the governments either.

Yeah it is. If you make a baby, you pay for it.

actually you dont have to. current law allows anyone who doesnt want a child to leave it at a hospital or fire station with no questions asked. this child then becomes a ward of the state and the tax payers raise it unless someone adopts them.

and im pretty sure what your describing is a dictatorship not a democracy.

Last edited:

actually you dont have to. current law allows anyone who doesnt want a child to leave it at a hospital or fire station with no questions asked. this child then becomes a ward of the state and the tax payers raise it unless someone adopts them.

That's more socially resposible.

I am a pro-choice woman who hates the idea of taking the life of an unborn fetus. It is not something I am proud to be, but I believe as I do.

That's more socially resposible.

but then again this child is now a burden of the american tax payer. whats the difference?

by that argument then its also socially responsible to provide health care to people. because they didnt decide that they couldnt afford health care, they simply can not.

Forum List

Back