Health Care vs. Abortion

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Real American, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Real American

Real American BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've always found this to extremely interesting. The right wing of the country is just about unanimous in believing the abortion is wrong because "life is sacred." (you may correct me if im wrong). all life should be treated as a gift and no one person has the right to take that away from another.

along that line of thinking, why then is providing universal health care not treated with the same thinking? if all life i supposed to be sacred, and the right wants to make it law that no matter how a women gets pregnant she should be forced by law to carry that baby to term, then why is denying a person health care and by extension of that potentially life saving drugs and treatments wrong? we currently have the means and technology to treat most diseases and illnesses, but when it comes down to it, it seems like the bottom line has a greater value than human life.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    This 'the right' that you speak of.... you are aware, I assume, that they are individual people... not some borg like entity?

Nothing more annoying than people who treat others as a herd.... we tend to leave herd behavior to the left.

3. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
  4. Real American

Real American BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    still doesnt answer my question. im not agreeing or disagreeing with abortion, i will leave that opinion up to you, i would like some rationale on the abortion vs health care question i proposed.

if life is sacred, why is outlawing abortion ok, but providing universal health care not?

maybe there is an education problem that has led to an abortion rate this high..

@CG - im referring to much of the GOP and religious right (although i did say feel free to correct me if im wrong)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  5. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    You're not entitled to endless benefits on the backs of others no matter how much you procreate.

6. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,992
    Look at that. You started strong, and made sense.

Then you had to throw in the partisan nonsense, and join the "herd" of mindless partisans who post on this site.

7. Real American

Real American BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    so forcing someone to have a child, only to see that child go into the foster system is any better?

and i never said everyone should get free health care, i said universal health care, where everyone pays the same and gets the same benefits.

8. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,710
    UNiversal HealthCare is not the problem but making making others pay for illegals and those with sniffles is. Let's have Health Care Reform, but not 2000 pages when we don't know what's in it until we get slapped in the face with it and can't have our own doctors. Leave us that have our own insurance alone!

Let's have a program that isn't written behind closed doors with back room deals and no unions gets waivers.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  9. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Equality is a myth.

The only ones forcing anyone to have a child are parent 1 and parent 2 who procreated it.

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Nope, I just call it as I see it. I see the left (note: not liberals) as a herd - they show no ability to think or analyse information, they nod along with the HuffPuff and not one ever questions their 'side'.

I criticize both parties, and posters from both sides on this board..... I march to my own drum. Calling shit as shit does not make me shit too.... it just means I can recognize it when I see it. The OP... borg.