Health Care vs. Abortion

Real American

Rookie
Jan 7, 2011
I've always found this to extremely interesting. The right wing of the country is just about unanimous in believing the abortion is wrong because "life is sacred." (you may correct me if im wrong). all life should be treated as a gift and no one person has the right to take that away from another.

along that line of thinking, why then is providing universal health care not treated with the same thinking? if all life i supposed to be sacred, and the right wants to make it law that no matter how a women gets pregnant she should be forced by law to carry that baby to term, then why is denying a person health care and by extension of that potentially life saving drugs and treatments wrong? we currently have the means and technology to treat most diseases and illnesses, but when it comes down to it, it seems like the bottom line has a greater value than human life.

This 'the right' that you speak of.... you are aware, I assume, that they are individual people... not some borg like entity?

Nothing more annoying than people who treat others as a herd.... we tend to leave herd behavior to the left.

• Banned
39% of pregnancies in New York end up in abortions. Most of those are among minorities.

That's not choice, it's genocide.

City Health Department: 39 Percent Of NYC Pregnancies Result In Abortion CBS New York – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY

still doesnt answer my question. im not agreeing or disagreeing with abortion, i will leave that opinion up to you, i would like some rationale on the abortion vs health care question i proposed.

if life is sacred, why is outlawing abortion ok, but providing universal health care not?

maybe there is an education problem that has led to an abortion rate this high..

@CG - im referring to much of the GOP and religious right (although i did say feel free to correct me if im wrong)

Last edited:
This 'the right' that you speak of.... you are aware, I assume, that they are individual people... not some borg like entity?

Nothing more annoying than people who treat others as a herd.... we tend to leave herd behavior to the left.

Look at that. You started strong, and made sense.

Then you had to throw in the partisan nonsense, and join the "herd" of mindless partisans who post on this site.

• Banned
You're not entitled to endless benefits on the backs of others no matter how much you procreate.

so forcing someone to have a child, only to see that child go into the foster system is any better?

and i never said everyone should get free health care, i said universal health care, where everyone pays the same and gets the same benefits.

39% of pregnancies in New York end up in abortions. Most of those are among minorities.

City Health Department: 39 Percent Of NYC Pregnancies Result In Abortion CBS New York – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY

still doesnt answer my question. im not agreeing or disagreeing with abortion, i will leave that opinion up to you, i would like some rationale on the abortion vs health care question i proposed.

if life is sacred, why is outlawing abortion ok, but providing universal health care not?

maybe there is an education problem that has led to an abortion rate this high..

@CG - im referring to much of the GOP and religious right (although i did say feel free to correct me if im wrong)

UNiversal HealthCare is not the problem but making making others pay for illegals and those with sniffles is. Let's have Health Care Reform, but not 2000 pages when we don't know what's in it until we get slapped in the face with it and can't have our own doctors. Leave us that have our own insurance alone!

Let's have a program that isn't written behind closed doors with back room deals and no unions gets waivers.

Last edited:
You're not entitled to endless benefits on the backs of others no matter how much you procreate.

so forcing someone to have a child, only to see that child go into the foster system is any better?

and i never said everyone should get free health care, i said universal health care, where everyone pays the same and gets the same benefits.

Equality is a myth.

The only ones forcing anyone to have a child are parent 1 and parent 2 who procreated it.

Then you had to throw in the partisan nonsense, and join the "herd" of mindless partisans who post on this site.

Nope, I just call it as I see it. I see the left (note: not liberals) as a herd - they show no ability to think or analyse information, they nod along with the HuffPuff and not one ever questions their 'side'.

I criticize both parties, and posters from both sides on this board..... I march to my own drum. Calling shit as shit does not make me shit too.... it just means I can recognize it when I see it. The OP... borg.

Equality is a myth.

The only ones forcing anyone to have a child are parent 1 and parent 2 who procreated it.

i think you missed the entire argument.

i said since the right wants to outlaw abortion because life is sacred, but the same right doesnt believe in universal health care because you should have to pay to for the care to help maintain that life..... cant you see how these are contradictory?

UNiversal HealthCare is not the problem but making making others pay for illegals and those with sniffles is. Let's have Health Care Reform, but not 2000 pages when we don't know what's in it until we get slapped in the face with it and can't have our own doctors. Leave us that have our own insurance alone!

Let's have a program that isn't written behind closed doors with back room deals and no unions gets waivers.

i am currently unaware of any section of the new health care law that states that everyone gets free health care even illegals... can you please educate me on this section of the law

Forcing someone not to murder is better? Yes! There are childless people who want children and are on waiting lists. What if your mother decided she didn't want a big waistline and aborted you?

i am currently unaware of any section of the new health care law that states that everyone gets free health care even illegals...

What does it matter, when agencies and judges write new rules which have the same effect as legislation.

Is there "legislation" that states illegals get university educations?

Equality is a myth.

i said since the right wants to outlaw abortion because life is sacred, but the same right doesnt believe in universal health care because you should have to pay to for the care to help maintain that life..... cant you see how these are contradictory?

No, you missed the argument. The moral imperative not to kill people is not the same as forcing others to carry their life choices on their backs.

Equality is a myth.

No, you missed the argument. The moral imperative not to kill people is not the same as forcing others to carry their life choices on their backs.

look i started the thread, so i know what original post says.

so you are ok with letting someone die because they can not afford health care, while at the same time think abortion is wrong because the baby dies?

Nope, I just call it as I see it. I see the left (note: not liberals) as a herd - they show no ability to think or analyse information, they nod along with the HuffPuff and not one ever questions their 'side'.

I criticize both parties, and posters from both sides on this board..... I march to my own drum. Calling shit as shit does not make me shit too.... it just means I can recognize it when I see it. The OP... borg.

I know that you criticize both parties, and I know that you have your own opinions, and don't parrot talking points without understanding what they mean. This is why I respect you, even when I vehemently disagree with you.

But here's the thing. I'm on the "left". Yet I think for myself, I do my own research, and I disagree with the "herd" on countless issues. And from where I sit, I see the mindless echoing mostly from the right.

But I know that I'm wrong about that.

Both the "left" and the "right" have about the same percentage of mindless echo-chamber borg. It's not a "left" thing or a "right" thing, it's a people thing.

Unfortunately, a significant percentage of people are fucking stupid herd animals. It has nothing to do with politics.

so you are ok with letting someone die because they can not afford health care, while at the same time think abortion is wrong because the baby dies?

Nobody goes without health care in this country.

Forcing someone not to murder is better? Yes! There are childless people who want children and are on waiting lists. What if your mother decided she didn't want a big waistline and aborted you?

what is the difference between aborting a child, which leads to death, and refusing health care, which leads to death?

well my mother actually had a miscarriage before i was born. so maybe i had 2 chances, maybe i didnt. who knows, if my mother had aborted the fetus that i developed into, then that was her choice. but then again, i dont believe life starts until you exit the womb, not at the moment of conception. (thats a whole different argument tho)

Nobody goes without health care in this country.

That's pretty much the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard stated on this board.

Forum List

Back