Health Care vs. Abortion

look i started the thread, so i know what original post says.

so you are ok with letting someone die because they can not afford health care, while at the same time think abortion is wrong because the baby dies?

Nobody goes without health care in this country.

That's pretty much the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard stated on this board.

The truly poor qualify for Medicaid, or SCHIP. In New York, a family making $88,000 qualifies for SCHIP.

And anyone can walk into an ER and get treatment.

That's pretty much the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard stated on this board.

The truly poor qualify for Medicaid, or SCHIP. In New York, a family making $88,000 qualifies for SCHIP.

ahhh and when that anyone walks into the ER and gets treatment, who currently pays for that? and do they pull all the stop to treat them, or do they just provide a minimum standard quality of care?

It's a false alternative. Asking someone to be responsible for procreating does not indenture one to paying for that progeny's life expenses.

well when no one wants that child, who then should become responsible for paying for that child? the mother and father who didnt want them to begin with? or do they become the responsibility of the state and thus shift the burden onto the tax payers....

simply saying that many people who cant have children want children is a fallacy since there are hundreds of thousands of kids currently in the foster system waiting to be adopted.

so forcing someone to have a child, only to see that child go into the foster system is any better?

and i never said everyone should get free health care, i said universal health care, where everyone pays the same and gets the same benefits.

Forcing someone not to murder is better? Yes! There are childless people who want children and are on waiting lists. What if your mother decided she didn't want a big waistline and aborted you?

what is the difference between aborting a child, which leads to death, and refusing health care, which leads to death?

well my mother actually had a miscarriage before i was born. so maybe i had 2 chances, maybe i didnt. who knows, if my mother had aborted the fetus that i developed into, then that was her choice. but then again, i dont believe life starts until you exit the womb, not at the moment of conception. (thats a whole different argument tho)

Refusing healthcare is your choice, abortion involving your body and soul is not.

Forcing someone not to murder is better? Yes! There are childless people who want children and are on waiting lists. What if your mother decided she didn't want a big waistline and aborted you?

what is the difference between aborting a child, which leads to death, and refusing health care, which leads to death?

well my mother actually had a miscarriage before i was born. so maybe i had 2 chances, maybe i didnt. who knows, if my mother had aborted the fetus that i developed into, then that was her choice. but then again, i dont believe life starts until you exit the womb, not at the moment of conception. (thats a whole different argument tho)

Refusing healthcare is your choice, abortion involving your body and soul is not.

so refusing health care is a choice, but abortion is not a choice? that extremely counter intuitive...

You're not entitled to endless benefits on the backs of others no matter how much you procreate.

So you place a value on life. Some are unworthy if poor, while others are worthy if rich. Those poor who survive should get less or no health care. those who are rich should have full access to health care.

I suspect when anti-viral drugs become the luxury of the top 1% to save their lives, and your money can't buy, then you will talking out of the other side of your mouth about who the haves should be.

Last edited:

First of all, got a link for your bullshit number? Cause according to the Kaiser foundation, it's 36,000, not 88,000.

Secondly, that's not what you posted. You said: "Nobody goes without healthcare in this country".

Do you still stand by that statement, that every single person in this country gets the medical care they require?

Here's a famous example of why you're completely wrong. Chuck Schuldiner, the singer and guitarist of the metal band Death died of easily operable brain cancer, because he couldn't afford it.

First of all, got a link for your bullshit number? Cause according to the Kaiser foundation, it's 36,000, not 88,000.

Secondly, that's not what you posted. You said: "Nobody goes without healthcare in this country".

Do you still stand by that statement, that every single person in this country gets the medical care they require?

Here's a famous example of why you're completely wrong. Chuck Schuldiner, the singer and guitarist of the metal band Death died of easily operable brain cancer, because he couldn't afford it.

That's right. Nobody goes without health care in this country.

Nobody gets all the health care they think they should have. Government won't change that.

If he had government's single payer system, Medicaid, they might not have paid for it either. so what's the point?

Nobody gets all the health care they think they should have. Government won't change that.

If he had government's single payer system, Medicaid, they might not have paid for it either. so what's the point?

the question should then be why should people get all of the health care they need? if someone has cancer they should get chemo, if they have a bad heart, they should get a transplant. those decisions should be left up to the individual and his/her doctor. currently much of that power rests in administrators hands. they weight the cost of the procedure vs. the likely hood of recovering those costs.

if you stick the mantra of life is sacred, it should matter how much a life costs to save.

Way to add the non sequitor in there, buddy.

When did I claim to want "single payer"?

I'm just talking about your nonsense claim that everyone in America gets all the healthcare they need.

I'm just talking about your nonsense claim that everyone in America gets all the healthcare they need.

Medicaid is the government's health care plan.

Everyone in American gets health care. I didn't say everyone in America gets all the health care they need.

Nothing government does will change that.

Medicaid is the government's health care plan.

Everyone in American gets health care. I didn't say everyone in America gets all the health care they need.

Nothing government does will change that.

So now you're denying saying something that's quoted in your post?

Or by saying "No one goes without healthcare in this country", did you mean that if you're dying of cancer, the ER will give you an advil?

And I didn't mention anything about Medicaid either.

Government can't afford the entitlement obligations it already has. It's $14T in the hole. What is a promise to give you all the health care you need worth?

I said nobody goes without health care, not that nobody gets all the health care they need.

But again, government won't change that.

Government can't afford the entitlement obligations it already has. It's $14T in the hole. What is a promise to give you all the health care you need worth?

I said nobody goes without health care, not that nobody gets all the health care they need.

can you quote the section of the health care bill that entitles everyone to all the health care they want?

can you quote the section of the health care bill that entitles everyone to all the health care they want?

Nobody will ever get all the health care they want. That's the point, and the lie that was used to sell this garbage.

Nobody will ever get all the health care they want. That's the point, and the lie that was used to sell this garbage.

tell me why people shouldnt get all the health care they need? (not what they want)

tell me why people shouldnt get all the health care they need? (not what they want)

It's a myth that government, or anyone, can pay for that.

its not a myth, its all based on the all mighty dollar. im pretty sure magic johnson was able to beat HIV mostly due to his personal fortune and ability to pay for the best doctors and the best care.

now since the government is not providing free health care, your argument is still flawed.

This 'the right' that you speak of.... you are aware, I assume, that they are individual people... not some borg like entity?

Nothing more annoying than people who treat others as a herd.... we tend to leave herd behavior to the left.

you realize your last comment was attributing herd behavior to others, yes?

there's no homogeneous left... remember will rogers "i don't belong to any organized political party; i'm a democrat'.

and to the o/p... the answer is they're not pro life, they're pro birth.

Forum List

Back