Health Care vs. Abortion

I've always found this to extremely interesting. The right wing of the country is just about unanimous in believing the abortion is wrong because "life is sacred." (you may correct me if im wrong). all life should be treated as a gift and no one person has the right to take that away from another.

along that line of thinking, why then is providing universal health care not treated with the same thinking? if all life i supposed to be sacred, and the right wants to make it law that no matter how a women gets pregnant she should be forced by law to carry that baby to term, then why is denying a person health care and by extension of that potentially life saving drugs and treatments wrong? we currently have the means and technology to treat most diseases and illnesses, but when it comes down to it, it seems like the bottom line has a greater value than human life.

I am a pro-choice woman who hates the idea of taking the life of an unborn fetus. It is not something I am proud to be, but I believe as I do.

whats your thoughts on health care then?

I've always found this to extremely interesting. The right wing of the country is just about unanimous in believing the abortion is wrong because "life is sacred." (you may correct me if im wrong). all life should be treated as a gift and no one person has the right to take that away from another.

along that line of thinking, why then is providing universal health care not treated with the same thinking? if all life i supposed to be sacred, and the right wants to make it law that no matter how a women gets pregnant she should be forced by law to carry that baby to term, then why is denying a person health care and by extension of that potentially life saving drugs and treatments wrong? we currently have the means and technology to treat most diseases and illnesses, but when it comes down to it, it seems like the bottom line has a greater value than human life.

I am a pro-choice woman who hates the idea of taking the life of an unborn fetus. It is not something I am proud to be, but I believe as I do.

whats your thoughts on health care then?

It should be repealed. It is unconstitutional.

can not leave without admiring you and the depth of the question you asked .
it is really a big conflict , in system or where ever , that should be though . that ,
if life is sacred, why is outlawing abortion ok, but providing universal health care not?
but it mostly depends upon the people and there willingness , they have abortion cause they want to and some dont cause they simply dont .

The problem is that a lot of people, even if they aren't dirt poor, cannot afford insurance or even an office visit to the doctor. I recently left a job with insurance and when I called to schedule a doctor appointment at a clinic, the visit to just see the doc without insurance was almost $100.00, more if I have a checkup with blood tests. Doctors should not be allowed to charge extremely high prices for a necessity. I can understand charging more for unnecessary care, like cosmetic surgery. Even with good health, insurance rates are astronomical. I don't believe anyone should be forced to pay for someone else's health care, healthcare should be more affordable period.

The problem is that a lot of people, even if they aren't dirt poor, cannot afford insurance or even an office visit to the doctor. I recently left a job with insurance and when I called to schedule a doctor appointment at a clinic, the visit to just see the doc without insurance was almost $100.00, more if I have a checkup with blood tests. Doctors should not be allowed to charge extremely high prices for a necessity. I can understand charging more for unnecessary care, like cosmetic surgery. Even with good health, insurance rates are astronomical. I don't believe anyone should be forced to pay for someone else's health care, healthcare should be more affordable period.

While I agree with this-even if somebody doesn't have health care-you still pay for them (when they go to the emergency room).

Because universal health care will not result in a healthier population, but a more diseased one. Because universal health care will not save lives, it will waste them. Because universal health care will take away the ability for those who are inclined to access good health care to access that care. Because universal health care forces sub-standard care upon everybody, and limits the abilithy of people to obtain superior health care. Because universal health care promotes euthanasia and abortion, in other words, population control through murder and eugenics.

Anything else, fuckchops?

Last edited:
So basically what you are saying is that it is ok to kill an infant who is defenseless yet it is not ok for somebody to take responsibility for their own actions?

You go out, you get pregnant, you don't want a child, so you kill it.

You spend your whole life wasting time, not saving your money, not working hard to get to a position where you can care for yourself so you want everyone else to care for you.

This pretty much sums it up. Do not punish an infant for you not being able to control your actions and don't expect someone else to take responsibility for your lack of proper planning or lack of hard work.

Forum List

Back