He Was Still Waving His Knife at Cops After Several Attempts Were Made To Get Him To Surrender

The victim was veering away to the right, away from the cops, when the cop unloaded on him.

i assume he was shot in the back based on the medical examiner's determination. you called it bs.
he did spin around, after being shot.
i assume that he fired for over ten seconds at the kid while he was already on the ground based on the video.

is there really no part of you that thinks the officer was in the wrong here?
The part where he shot him while he was down.

Still, you don't have enough information to assume it wasn't a justifiable shooting, although extremely excessive. I figure the kid was history after the first two bullets hit him. The cop in question shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun anymore....if he was the only one that fired. If he wasn't, both of them should be tried for manslaughter and excessive force.

This simply points out several issues. One of which is not everyone should be a cop. Another is that dealing with punks like this is tenuous at best. Yet another issue is why kids don't respect cops. You can lay that one at the Democrats doorstep.
He was the only one that fired. The only one. Again, undisputed facts that you should be aware of before trying to paint the guy as somehow justified.

He was only put of his car a few seconds before opening fire for some 13-15 seconds, most of which happened while the kid was on the ground. None of the other half dozen or so cops thought the situation called for lethal force. This cop emptied his weapon AND WAS RELOADING but was told to stop firing by another cop.
16 shots all landed. Only 2 can be said to have been fired while the victim was standing - and he crumpled almost immediately.

Maybe Van Dyke just thought that the other cops would help him cover it up, like he helped cover up a cop shooting 10 years before. God knows they tried erasing the BK footage
A link to all of this would be good.

I want to know you aren't just repeating all of this from a Mother Jones article.
Cop emptied pistol, reloaded in Laquan McDonald shooting
Cop in Laquan McDonald video tied to another police shooting death

The charging documents are linked to in the first article.
I saw the video...and McDonald wasn't walking away....and the knife was longer than 3 inches....that is the standard the media placed on the knife to make it appear less lethal. That knife was long enough to gut a pig.

I'd like to see the trial....because all of this was timed too conveniently to change the media focus. At the time this was released the big news was Obama trying to bring tens of thousands of Syrian refugees here...and the Paris attacks. Now this 13 month old wrongful death case is fished out of the trash and placed front and center. It stinks to high heaven that it took so long and it stinks to high heaven that the cop already made bail. Something is screwy about this case.
So you're just crazy then i mean you would have to be to think that a) you can tell the size of a knife based on a video better than the police that physically have it and b) this is some sort of conspiracy, one that would have to involve foia requests, a judge, and the police dept. all to change the news cycle

The part where he shot him while he was down.

Still, you don't have enough information to assume it wasn't a justifiable shooting, although extremely excessive. I figure the kid was history after the first two bullets hit him. The cop in question shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun anymore....if he was the only one that fired. If he wasn't, both of them should be tried for manslaughter and excessive force.

This simply points out several issues. One of which is not everyone should be a cop. Another is that dealing with punks like this is tenuous at best. Yet another issue is why kids don't respect cops. You can lay that one at the Democrats doorstep.
He was the only one that fired. The only one. Again, undisputed facts that you should be aware of before trying to paint the guy as somehow justified.

He was only put of his car a few seconds before opening fire for some 13-15 seconds, most of which happened while the kid was on the ground. None of the other half dozen or so cops thought the situation called for lethal force. This cop emptied his weapon AND WAS RELOADING but was told to stop firing by another cop.
16 shots all landed. Only 2 can be said to have been fired while the victim was standing - and he crumpled almost immediately.

Maybe Van Dyke just thought that the other cops would help him cover it up, like he helped cover up a cop shooting 10 years before. God knows they tried erasing the BK footage

I want to know you aren't just repeating all of this from a Mother Jones article.

I saw the video...and McDonald wasn't walking away....and the knife was longer than 3 inches....that is the standard the media placed on the knife to make it appear less lethal. That knife was long enough to gut a pig.

I'd like to see the trial....because all of this was timed too conveniently to change the media focus. At the time this was released the big news was Obama trying to bring tens of thousands of Syrian refugees here...and the Paris attacks. Now this 13 month old wrongful death case is fished out of the trash and placed front and center. It stinks to high heaven that it took so long and it stinks to high heaven that the cop already made bail. Something is screwy about this case.
So you're just crazy then i mean you would have to be to think that a) you can tell the size of a knife based on a video better than the police that physically have it and b) this is some sort of conspiracy, one that would have to involve foia requests, a judge, and the police dept. all to change the news cycle
We're hearing all of this through a filter....a corrupt media.

Don't believe everything you read or hear.

I thought you had given up the alt right media.

You are regressing, Mud. I stop it and go back on your meds.

I've always been extremely good at judging lengths because of 40 years working with sheetmetal.

That knife was at least four inches. When I first saw it it looked longer. It could have been over 5. It was definitely not 3 fucking inches. That's total bs.

And the charging documents - they are corrupted too? They would lie about the size of the knife - an easily disproven lie if they did?

And the charging documents - they are corrupted too? They would lie about the size of the knife - an easily disproven lie if they did?

Doesn't matter if it's disproven. The key to creating a false impression is put out false information before any officials release the full facts...which happened with Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. The "Hands Up....Don't Shoot" movement is based off of fabricated evidence.

Nope, I'll wait till the trial.

Try explaining why he was still a cop after this shooting...and explain why he just made bail this week. Can you explain that, if he's supposedly guilty of cold-blooded murder?

The kid was walking away from the cops when he was shot. There is no contention. Even the, soon to be liberal, FOX news network was appalled that he was shot, what, 16 frigin times. PLEASE!

The cop needs to be held responsible for his actions. He will probably be found guilt of something short of murder, but he was totally in the wrong.

VIDEOS DON'T LIE! He was across the centerline when he was shot.
He was walking toward them....did a quick turn...like he was trying to do a spin move in an old Western, and stumble back when he was shot. From their perspective he was trying to flank them, not walk away.

"flank them"?????????????/

Okay, now THAT is funny.

You need to find out what "flank" means.

Hint: One kid, 15 feet away, can't do it.

"flank".

You really do get nuttier every day.

So why cant the kid flank them?
You dont appear to know what the word means.

that much is obvious

[...]

The charging documents are linked to in the first article

I saw the video...and McDonald wasn't walking away at a 90 degree, he was drifting at an angle which still poses a threat...and the knife was longer than 3 inches....that is the standard the media placed on the knife to make it appear less lethal. It appeared to be a switchblade aprox. 4-5 in in length. That knife was long enough to gut a pig. The reason I suspect they're lying about is because the length is all they keep talking about, not that it was a Buck or a Swiss Army knife. They are hiding something. They did the same shit with Trayvon Martin, calling him a child......but in fact he was 6 '2".

[...]
People who are affected by extreme thirst often imagine they see water before them ("mirage"). Wanting something so badly the mind fabricates and presents images of it is called delusional schizophrenia, or momentary delusional schizophrenia (see DSM-V), which can collectively affect a group of individuals.

Of the two shots fired while the kid was standing one was in his back.
:bsflag:
You can find the examimer's disgram. Why do you insist on calling the forensic evidence bs?
A "disgram" doesn't tell the entire story...especially if you don't have the training to properly read the damned thing.
phone typing. it sucks.

i don't have the training, but the medical examiner does and they say that of the two wounds suffered while standing one was to the back. it's in the charging documents.
Well, he did spin around. Who knows when exactly the shot in the back entered his body. It could have been first or last.

You assume first of course.

Only the first could have hit him in the back, the second put him on the ground where he was facing the cop until it was all over.

Doesn't matter if it's disproven. The key to creating a false impression is put out false information before any officials release the full facts...which happened with Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. The "Hands Up....Don't Shoot" movement is based off of fabricated evidence.

Try explaining why he was still a cop after this shooting...and explain why he just made bail this week. Can you explain that, if he's supposedly guilty of cold-blooded murder?
The speed of the charges is troubling. His bail was not set very high.

But slow charges and making bail don't make a person innocent.

And you have to be pretty damn delusional to think everyone is lying about the size of the knife and that you know better after watching crappy dash cam video

And you have to be pretty damn delusional to think everyone is lying about the size of the knife and that you know better after watching crappy dash cam video
Yet you want to base your argument off of that crappie dash cam video.

You have to be pretty delusional to believe much of anything the mainstream media tells us too.

I'll believe what I see with my own eyes more than liberal pundits any day.

I have Buck knife with roughly a 3 inch blade, btw. I could cut your head off with it. Might take some sawing through the neckbone, but it's sharp as shit. That knife was longer than mine.

You have to be pretty delusional to believe much of anything the mainstream media tells us too.

I have Buck knife with roughly a 3 inch blade, btw. I could cut your head off with it. Might take some sawing through the neckbone, but it's sharp as shit. That knife was longer than mine.
your right. nobody disputes the size of the knife but you, even the cops involved, but it's all a conspiracy by everyone else to... what? make a guy who shot someone a dozen times while they were wounded on the ground look more guilty?

your right. nobody disputes the size of the knife but you, even the cops involved, but it's all a conspiracy by everyone else to... what? make a guy who shot someone a dozen times while they were wounded on the ground look more guilty?
I'm sorry, but the press is prone to twisting the facts......and trust me.....you don't know all of the facts.

You cannot even say for sure who shot that kid because the video doesn't show it. You’re just told who shot the kid. All you know is a bunch of bullets hit him. That all that crappy dash cam video shows. The rest of the evidence you're arguing is presented through eye-witnesses and the mainstream media. I don't trust either.

The bail was set so low because of mitigating circumstances in the case. Circumstances you know nothing about.

I'm sorry, but the press is prone to twisting the facts......and trust me.....you don't know all of the facts.

You cannot even say for sure who shot that kid because the video doesn't show it. You’re just told who shot the kid. All you know is a bunch of bullets hit him. That all that crappy dash cam video shows. The rest of the evidence you're arguing is presented through eye-witnesses and the mainstream media. I don't trust either.

The bail was set so low because of mitigating circumstances in the case. Circumstances you know nothing about.
nobody is disputing who did the shooting or how large the knife was. just you.

you are delusional

nobody is disputing who did the shooting or how large the knife was. just you.

you are delusional
Not hardly. I'm just not gullible lIke you are.

You couldn't be a juror in this trial because you are prejudice towards the officer and because you've already convicted him without the benefit of having a trial.

Forum List

Back