He Was Still Waving His Knife at Cops After Several Attempts Were Made To Get Him To Surrender

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
The media is lying to us again.

They claim that this innocent teen that was shot numerous times by a single cop, was not a threat.

I saw the video...and at first it looked like he was shot in cold-blood. Looking at it again, I noticed that L. Mcdonald did a spin move and looked as if he was about to shoot a gun at two armed police. One or both of them pumped him full of lead. Then a second volley hit him when he started moving. What is missing from this video is what led up to the shooting.

It appears from police reports that the suspect had been going on a rampage, and he had assaulted one of the officer's vehicles, puncturing a tire and jabbing at him through his windshield.

The kid was obviously out of his mind.

Put yourself in the officer's place. Is it worth risking your life over some kid who given half a chance will cut your heart out? The liberal press claims he was only holding a small pocket-knife. I saw it. The blade was at least 4 inches long. It was shiny like a switchblade. The kid was a threat. The main problem I have is how many times they shot him.....but by the book, it was a justifiable homicide.

Tell me where I'm wrong here.

Teen Shot, Killed by Chicago Police Officer

A Chicago police officer shot and killed a 17-year-old boy armed with a knife on the city's Southwest Side Archer Heights neighborhood late Monday, officials said.​

Chicago Lawn District officers received a call at about 9:45 p.m. about a person breaking into cars in the 4100 block of South Karlov Avenue, according to a statement from the Chicago Police Department.​

Responding officers found a 17-year-old boy "with a strange gaze about him" who was carrying a knife and wouldn’t drop it when police ordered him to do so, Fraternal Order of Police spokesman Pat Camden said.​

The teen used the knife to puncture the front passenger tire of a police squad car and damaged its front windshield before running away, police said.​

Other officers used a squad car to try and box the boy in against a fence near West 41st Street and South Pulaski Road, Camden said. An officer shot him in the chest when the teen didn't drop the knife and continued to walk toward officers, police said.​

Chicago cop who fatally shot teen makes bail

The video is at odds with a narrative pushed by the department and police union that McDonald, who prosecutors said had PCP in his system and was holding a knife with a 3-inch blade, lunged at Van Dyke before he opened fire.

The shooting lasted about 15 seconds. Five other officers, who were dispatched to the scene after police received a 911 call that McDonald was brandishing a knife and had been breaking into cars, did not fire their weapons.

Dean Angelo, president of the Chicago police union, said after Monday's hearing that the union continues to stand by Van Dyke. He said that fellow officers have donated an undisclosed sum to a bail fund set up by Van Dyke's wife.

"I think (the video shows) Officer Van Dyke steps into training mode and takes action that we believe at that time was justified," Angelo said.

Herbert said his client feared for his life and was acting out of self-defense. He added that the video doesn't portray the full portrait of what led to the shooting and that his client would ultimately be vindicated when all the evidence is presented at trial.

"When you see the video alone, it does not seem like a justifiable shooting," Herbert said. "But there are certain things I know that quite frankly nobody else knows."

The kid was walking away from the cops when he was shot. There is no contention. Even the, soon to be liberal, FOX news network was appalled that he was shot, what, 16 frigin times. PLEASE!

The cop needs to be held responsible for his actions. He will probably be found guilt of something short of murder, but he was totally in the wrong.

VIDEOS DON'T LIE! He was across the centerline when he was shot.

The kid was walking away from the cops when he was shot. There is no contention. Even the, soon to be liberal, FOX news network was appalled that he was shot, what, 16 frigin times. PLEASE!

The cop needs to be held responsible for his actions. He will probably be found guilt of something short of murder, but he was totally in the wrong.

He was walking toward them....did a quick turn...like he was trying to do a spin move in an old Western, and stumbled back when he was shot. From their perspective he was trying to flank them, not walk away....and they only fired when he made a sudden move.

Last edited:

Videos without sound do lie.

It appears from police reports that the suspect had been going on a rampage, and he had assaulted one of the officer's vehicles, puncturing a tire and jabbing at him through his windshield.

Why did the cops lie? Why did they delete video?

No its not. Not even close. That's a really stupid thing to say.

Put yourself in the officer's place. Is it worth risking your life over some kid who given half a chance will cut your heart out? The liberal press claims he was only holding a small pocket-knife. I saw it. The blade was at least 4 inches long. It was shiny like a switchblade.

And you saw the Muslims celebrating in NJ too.

No you didn't see the knife. That's a bald faced lie.

If I put myself in the place of the cop who was about 15 feet away from a kid who was walking away, no threat, easily dealt with, 3 inch, completely legal knife, I would say there is no reason to murder him.

Shiny like a switchblade? Why would you believe that all switchblades are "shiny"? Tell the truth. You're posting from under your bed.

"When you see the video alone, it does not seem like a justifiable shooting," Herbert said. "But there are certain things I know that quite frankly nobody else knows."

Yeah, what are you going to believe? Your own eyes or this thug's lawyer?

As usual, you assholes will tell any lie that supports your indefensible agenda.

He was walking toward them....did a quick turn...like he was trying to do a spin move in an old Western, and stumble back when he was shot. From their perspective he was trying to flank them, not walk away.

"flank them"?????????????/

Okay, now THAT is funny.

You need to find out what "flank" means.

Hint: One kid, 15 feet away, can't do it.

"flank".

You really do get nuttier every day.

He was walking toward them....did a quick turn...like he was trying to do a spin move in an old Western, and stumble back when he was shot. From their perspective he was trying to flank them, not walk away.

"flank them"?????????????/

Okay, now THAT is funny.

You need to find out what "flank" means.

Hint: One kid, 15 feet away, can't do it.

"flank".

You really do get nuttier every day.

So why cant the kid flank them?
You dont appear to know what the word means.

I've talked to cops about it.

They say the first two shots may or may not have been justified. Without good audio, and not having a good angle, it's hard to tell what was happening.

They all agree that 14 shots after he was on the ground was completely insane and totally inexcusable.

Why did the cops lie? Why did they delete video?

No its not. Not even close. That's a really stupid thing to say.

Put yourself in the officer's place. Is it worth risking your life over some kid who given half a chance will cut your heart out? The liberal press claims he was only holding a small pocket-knife. I saw it. The blade was at least 4 inches long. It was shiny like a switchblade.

And you saw the Muslims celebrating in NJ too.

No you didn't see the knife. That's a bald faced lie.

If I put myself in the place of the cop who was about 15 feet away from a kid who was walking away, no threat, easily dealt with, 3 inch, completely legal knife, I would say there is no reason to murder him.

Shiny like a switchblade? Why would you believe that all switchblades are "shiny"? Tell the truth. You're posting from under your bed.

Yeah, what are you going to believe? Your own eyes or this thug's lawyer?

As usual, you assholes will tell any lie that supports your indefensible agenda.
Not out of his mind?:ack-1:

What do you call walking down the middle of the street and pulling a knife on two armed cops who are pointing guns at you?:slap:

Are you really that dumb?

Try it.....let us know how things turned out...:rolleyes-41:

No, the kid did not do a "spin move." He had been shot and was flung by the impact.

Videos don't lie but the people who watch them do.
Clearly he twirled around and just began a forward motion when shot....but don't let that stop your narrative.

No, the kid did not do a "spin move." He had been shot and was flung by the impact.

Hmmmm..."flung by the impact".... in the opposite direction of the bullet?...seems odd. :eusa_eh:
Also...when people are shot in real life (not on tv) there is little to no physical reaction. Bullets literally zip right through your body. People only "fly in the air" etc. in the movies.

He was walking toward them....did a quick turn...like he was trying to do a spin move in an old Western, and stumbled back when he was shot. From their perspective he was trying to flank them, not walk away....and they only fired when he made a sudden move.
He turned because he was shot. Twice while standing and 14 times while on the ground

He turned because he was shot. Twice while standing and 14 times while on the ground
That's an assumption one cannot make without hearing the audio. It looked to me he was shot several times and went down....then started moving and was shot repeatedly until after he stopped moving.

Again....we aren't being told the whole story once again.

This is what a corrupt media does for you.

I saw the video. He wasn't "waving" a knife.

Fuckers think it's fine for white guys to walk around fully armed but will shoot a child dead over something like Skittles and then say the kid deserved it. How did these right wingers get to be such nasty people?

That's an assumption one cannot make without hearing the audio. It looked to me he was shot several times and went down....then started moving and was shot repeatedly until after he stopped moving.

Again....we aren't being told the whole story once again.

This is what a corrupt media does for you.

This is the same story every time. If he hadn't had a knife, you'd be saying he looked at the cops wrong. Whatever it takes to justify murder.

Forum List

Back