He talk's to God you know!

MtnBiker said:
I'm not a scientist either, I do believe that the Earth can withstand anything the human race can do to it. Perhaps in time we will make conditions impossible for us but in one form or another life will continue on Earth.

Quite likely that life in some form, but humanity? It really depends on a lot of interrelated factors. That's why the anti-intellectual and anti-science mindset of America scares me. I'd like to see humanity survive, if only for some of the art, culture and philosophy we've come up with. That won't happen through religion. It'll only happen through scientific progress.

Nuc said:
I can see where you're going with this. And to save you your next post, I am not a scientist, but my wife is a very high ranking scientist who has worked for the Smithsonian, AMNH, the Pentagon and NASA. Her friends and colleagues have equal credentials. They are all unanimous in thinking that global warming is caused and/or exacerbated by humanity. I'll take their word for it rather than the opinions of someone on a message board.
Well gee, correct me if I'm wrong Nuc, but in their day didn't scientist agree the earth was flat too?

Mr. P said:
Well gee, correct me if I'm wrong Nuc, but in their day didn't scientist agree the earth was flat too?

Well gee, everybody is right and wrong part of the time. It's a matter of percentages and scientists have a higher percentage of being right on science issues than people who don't know about science.

Nuc said:
Well gee, everybody is right and wrong part of the time. It's a matter of percentages and scientists have a higher percentage of being right on science issues than people who don't know about science.

50% of all scientists finished in the bottom half of their class.

Nuc said:
Bad assumption Nuc, You have no idea what people here or anywhere else know about science.
Don’t dismiss people just because they don’t wave a PHD in yer face.

Mr. P said:
Bad assumption Nuc, You have no idea what people here or anywhere else know about science.
Don’t dismiss people just because they don’t wave a PHD in yer face.

I am not implying anything about the people here. From reading the posts here I know that science knowledge here ranges from totally ignorant to knowledgeable.

I was comparing scientists with politicians or religious leaders who know nothing about science, and bemoaning their influence on the culture and progress.

Nuc said:
I am not implying anything about the people here. From reading the posts here I know that science knowledge here ranges from totally ignorant to knowledgeable.

I was comparing scientists with politicians or religious leaders who know nothing about science, and bemoaning their influence on the culture and progress.
Oh sorry..I was thinking back to this post...
I can see where you're going with this. And to save you your next post, I am not a scientist, but my wife is a very high ranking scientist who has worked for the Smithsonian, AMNH, the Pentagon and NASA. Her friends and colleagues have equal credentials. They are all unanimous in thinking that global warming is caused and/or exacerbated by humanity. I'll take their word for it rather than the opinions of someone on a message board.
I missed the "politicians or religious leaders who know nothing about science," part I guess.

Nuc said:

science does not and can not explain everything......to belive so would confirm which half of the class you finished.

Mr. P said:
Oh sorry..I was thinking back to this post...
I missed the "politicians or religious leaders who know nothing about science," part I guess.

Yes it could be read that way, you are correct. But I wasn't trying to pick on MntnBkr and I don't think he took it that way either. In general I read a lot of misinformation about science on this board, and I take my information from the scientists I know (dozens of them) instead. Of course there are some people here who know a lot about science.

Pasquinade said:
Well well, it seems that the Toxic Texan has a direct line to God! That's amazing I'll bet that he doesn't have to wait on hold.
"Your prayer is in a que and will be answered soon, thank you for your infinate patience"
Anyway, I found it extremley interesting that the Pakistani government's response to the terrible the earthquake that struck that region earlier today causing huge loss of life (over 1,000 souls at the last count) was both swift and immediate, President Musharaf flying to the area to survey the damage, implimenting programes to house survivors, feed them, bring in medical aid, mobilise troops etc all within a few hours of the initial quake, amazing I thought considering that there was no prior warning. But if you look at the US administrations response to hurricane Katrina, plenty of time to prepare possible evacuations, mobilise troops, etc etc, what happened? It was a complete and utter cock up with G. W. once again procrastinating. Maybe he should get his direct link to God checked there could be a fault on the line!

i spoke with god this weekend at a retreat in the mountians with my family..... he told me that people like you have all the answers but know none of the questions

Nuc said:
Yes it could be read that way, you are correct. But I wasn't trying to pick on MntnBkr and I don't think he took it that way either. In general I read a lot of misinformation about science on this board, and I take my information from the scientists I know (dozens of them) instead. Of course there are some people here who know a lot about science.
Got it..all is good, but...do you think that scientist are always correct?

Not I..and there are many that say warming is bunk. So who to believe?

Well, if you REALLY want to know the TRUTH read the inquirer, if it's in there it's TRUE! ;)

Mr. P said:
Got it..all is good, but...do you think that scientist are always correct?

To repeat what I said earlier, everybody's wrong sometimes, but scientists are right about science more often than the layman is.

At the same time scientists all work for somebody or other, therefore their science can easily be compromised by their agenda or what's going to make them money.

I really like to get scientists views on subjects they know enough about to speak intelligently, but it's not their specialty. When they have nothing at stake you get the truth. Or at least their honest opinion.

Mr. P said:
Yeah but, you know what they say about opinion, don't you?

OK Mr.P, are you saying that scientists know less about science than the average person or an uneducated person? You seem to be dancing around this idea.

Nuc said:
OK Mr.P, are you saying that scientists know less about science than the average person or an uneducated person? You seem to be dancing around this idea.
No..you said they give their honest opinion..I can do that too..
I ask if you knew what they say about opinions? Since we are talking honest ones, right?

Pasquinade said:
(theim) maybe you should practice a little tolerance and realise that there are good and bad in all religions not just Islam, oh sorry I forgot only fundamental Christians are right and everyone else is damned is that so?

rofl. I guess that's a "yes". Let me help you out. If you have a wife and/or a daughter, do please make sure they wear their burqas. Wouldn't want to be intolerent now.

Of all the great things our country has done, cutting ourselves off from your dying husk of a "kingdom" was by far the best.

GunnyL said:
Dude, I did not, and do not agree with Timothy McVeigh's terrorist act nor do I agree with David Koresh's lunacy.
I sure hope not. WHo said you did?
What I understand is you are dishonestly taking two, unrelated, isolated incidents and comparing them to Islamic fundametalists who are many and wage war against noncombatants on a daily basis.
No im not.

Fact and logic does not support your argument, as usual. Matter of fact, your ramblings are barely coherent. If it is that I have trouble understanding you it's because you can't express a coherent thought in English. And stop whining dude ...... :boohoo:
go f yourself troll.

KarlMarx said:
that's his way of "supporting our troops", i.e. defaming them and lumping the many decent ones who did their duty with the few who broke the law....
You are missing the point of my avatar, so go f yourself ahole.

Mr. P said:
Well folks, If I were a Mod this person would already be in time out at the very least.
get f out a here you unamerican ahole.

Forum List

Back