He Does It Again: Obama Omits Creator From Declaration Of Independence For Third Time

Discussion in 'Politics' started by USArmyRetired, Oct 21, 2010.

1. USArmyRetired

USArmyRetired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +346
    Why does the President have a problem with saying the word 'creator' when citing the Declaration of Independence? This is the third time for him to do it. He is refusing to acknoweledge GOD. This is very disturbing and it makes me feel more confident that he is a muslim. Sarah Palin would never omit 'creator' from the Declaration of Independence. Obama is the first president to do this sort of thing and it is very un-American.

Again? President censors 'Creator' reference 3rd time

Speech at fundraiser edits Declaration of Independence acknowledgement of God

Third time the charm?

Probably depends on your perspective. But the facts are that a statement published on the government's official White House website confirms that for the third time in a little over a month, President Obama has censored a reference in the Declaration of Independence to people being endowed "by their Creator" with rights.

He just says that people "are endowed."

Obama repeatedly has used the reference in his campaign efforts to boost Democrat interest in the 2010 midterm elections, at which most analysts are predicting a Republican landslide sweeping through Congress and statehouses.

The actual quote from the Declaration is:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

SNIP~

"Repeatedly now the president has simply said Americans are endowed with certain rights, but persistently refuses to acknowledge with the Founders that these rights are a gift from God," he wrote his constituents. "He stripped God from our founding document on September 15 when speaking to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute. He did it again on September 23 at a fundraiser in New York City. And he did it a third time … in Rockville, Md., when speaking to Democratic Senate candidate donors.

"This can no longer by any stretch of the imagination be considered unintentional or accidental. President Obama is deliberately stripping our Christian heritage from us right before our very eyes," he continued.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  2. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,916
    So he's "censoring" the Declaration?

You're a joke. But I knew that already.

Don't even know why I clicked on this thread.

3. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Really?

It just doesn't matter when some tool politician just...puts in...ellipsis...where...he wants to?

Really?

4. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    It bugs him. So he doesn't say it.

It was important to Jefferson to point out that rights are inherent in the individual and are not the gift of government, or any particular official.

this kind of bowdlerizing does make you wondeer what is behind it.

He is supposed to be doing a direct quote. You loose something when you leave stuff out from the original quotation.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING!!!

In this case, the omission is particularly telling.

6. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    0bama has spent a lot more time in church than Jefferson ever did. If Jefferson thought this was an important point, given Jefferson's views on the matter, it is important for the discussion and shouldn't be left out without a discussion as to why.

7. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    And people say Liberals are utopian??

Sheesh.

8. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,100
    If Jefferson had had to contend with today's media, I am convinced he would have spent more time in church. For reasons I have yet to fathom, regular attendance at worship is important to the American voter.

My personal beliefs make such things unimportant to me, but I do find his refusal to accurately quote the Declaration of Independence a bit curious.

9. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,916
    I really didn't care about this the first time USArmyRetired started a thread about this....

I still don't care.

10. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Except by his own words, after 20 years President Obama had not heard a single word spoken by his pastor. :D

I think President Obama is simply trying to preserve the Separation of Church and State. After all, we can't have the public messiah promoting one religion over another.

Immie