This so sums up America at the moment

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
From a comment on a piece in the Sydney Morning Herald. One of those instances where I say, "I wish I had said that". This is soooo how it looks from the outside (my bold)..

"One of Bambi Obama's great mistakes was his failure to take control of the national narrative upon winning the election, thereby allowing the lunatics of the Right to narrate instead. Bambi just doesnt seem to be able to get real politik, that the big issue and long term efforts are needful but you need to also do for those on the ground. If he hadnt been so busy being self enamoured and pouring his vision into two autobiographies (by age 45) he may have been able to actually see his own country.

This simply wasnt his time, he should have let the Clintons deal with the Right in the way they know how. But Bambi's ego got the better of him.

Obama is nothing but a peacock and because of him, of his vanity and grandiosity, America is being hijacked by the far Right."

China, Australia in Navy War Games

Prod_79.jpg

Compared with the Communist Party of China, yeah, we are far-right.

Last edited:
That is in your newspaper?

And I thought the Oregonian was pathetic.

It was a comment by a Yank in an Australian newspaper..

It may be pathetic in your eyes, but it's how every American lefty and normal person, as well as most outside of your country, see it now..

shrug

Last edited:
This simply wasnt his time, he should have let the Clintons deal with the Right in the way they know how. But Bambi's ego got the better of him.

Obama is nothing but a peacock and because of him, of his vanity and grandiosity, America is being hijacked by the far Right."

The only thing you said that made sense, is that Obama should have let the Clinton team take presidency. But it was the right winged primary voters that sealed the deal for Obama, and he hasn't forgot their generosity.

Last edited:
Nothing like some irrelevant dweeb, on the opposite end of the planet, telling Americans how to run their country....Not that drips like you would know anything about that, huh? :rolleyes:

Nothing like a no-nothing, disempowered Yank with nothing to say...
Yeah...Right. :rolleyes:

Like you'd give any credence to some malcontent redneck living in Idaho, as to how NZ's politics should be run.

One for the "PFFFFFFT" files. :lol:

Sounds like old Gump....I mean Grump is kind of like old Obama. Kind of thin skinned.

Maybe you should hang around a bit longer and find out...

Oh, and "Gump" What a witty guy! Never heard that one before...just what the board needs, another poster with an original thought...:rolleyes:

What narrative do you think Obama should have presented and how exactly should he have "taken control of it"?

Funny think about Americans. We don't particularly like it when people try to order us to do things.

What narrative do you think Obama should have presented and how exactly should he have "taken control of it"?

Funny think about Americans. We don't particularly like it when people try to order us to do things.

And yet you have no problems telling the rest of the world what to do.

welcome to our world....

But I will say this: It's no coincidence that the "running back to the right" coincides with a black man being elected. That being said, it took an ego like Obama's to get elected. Otherwise what do you have? A bunch of older black people warning younger black people not to run because "the man" will get you if you try. I shit you not, that's the mentality that was out there and still is to some extent. If not when he was elected, then when? 100 years from now? 200? No time like the present. Even if there is this backlash right now, it was the right time. If it wasn't the right time, then he would not have been elected. This backlash may last for a time, but consider it growing pains. The Sydney Morning Herald totally misses this point.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back