Have you had the time and money for 104 rounds of golf in the last 4 years?

Wedge issue: John Boehner PAC splurges on golf
By JAKE SHERMAN | 11/24/09 2:52 PM EDT

By all public estimations, House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) is a pretty good golfer.

He should be, given the $82,998 his political action committee has spent on golf outings so far this year, according to Federal Election Commission filings.

The golf events this year sponsored by Boehner’s Freedom Project political action committee have stretched from April until October, from Florida to Ohio. And the minority leader doesn’t hold his events at worn-out municipal courses. The most recent outing was a $20,921.34 event at the plush Robert Trent Jones track in Gainesville, Va., an invitation-only private club that was once also home to the Professional Golfers Association's President’s Cup
Wedge issue: John Boehner PAC splurges on golf - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

And this was in 2009 when it all fell apart...

I know a lot of golfers around here. Idk if they're rich, they're "suburb rich" I guess you could say. If they can golf nearly every other day....100 trips in 1,400 days doesn't seem too terrible.

Hey, its better than Bill clinton's past-time at least :p

Birthday Golf for Obama | The Weekly Standard

That's one round of golf every two weeks. I think I've had the time (though I'm sure most hard working family man Americans haven't). And I most definitely haven't had the money for that.

Boehner plays every three days.

That's why he doesn't have time to do his job. Maybe that's why the pubs haven't voted on a jobs bill in more than three years.

You rw's need to find something else to whine about. President Obama takes less vacation time than any of your pub heroes.

I don't? I just wonder why Obama has time to do 104 rounds of golf but not meet with his job council in 6 months or visit Israel during his entire term. I guess he feels his czars are doing the job for him.

Why he should he visit Israel? Frankly, I'm tired of kissing Netanyahoos ring.

Next time he starts whining, his next aid package should be water wings...

Well besides the fact that it could be the site of WWIII.....so you're okay with Obama golfing and not meeting with his job council?

Does the Jobs Council need his presense? You know, I run a committee for my work, I've never needed to have the GM attend a meeting. I just informed him of what needs to be done and it gets implemented. I'm just not seeing what you think his job council should be doing.

Israel is not going to be the site of WWIII. As I've said, Zionism will die with a whimper, not a bang, just like it's soul-sister, Apartheid did... and the world will be better off when it does.

That's one round of golf every two weeks. I think I've had the time (though I'm sure most hard working family man Americans haven't). And I most definitely haven't had the money for that.

Well, I guess it depends on how much you enjoy golf. Myself, I'm a poker enthusiast. I've probably played one "round" of poker about every four of five days over the same time period. Having the time for one round every two weeks? Well, who hasn't had the time for it? You really mean to suggest that most Americans don't get at least one afternoon off every two weeks?

Money for it? Personally, yes, I have the money for it, at a rather high priced local course, no less. But that's partly because I can get some pretty good discounted rates. Even without those rates, I could still afford it if I really wanted to. But I'd rather spend my money on other things.

My father has done that easily...for years and years and years. Apparently you don't like golf that much.

I don't? I just wonder why Obama has time to do 104 rounds of golf but not meet with his job council in 6 months or visit Israel during his entire term. I guess he feels his czars are doing the job for him.

Get serious..

Do you actually believe that if Obama had met with the jobs council tha republicans would accept any of it's recommendations?

If anything, the jobs council has a better chance of getting it's initiatives passed if Obamas name is not associated with it. You know how petty Republicans can be

The pubs don't have the time to even talk about jobs but they sure as hell have the time to get in front of the cameras and LIE.

Why is it the rw's don't seem to know how our government works? They think Obama has the power to pass jobs bills. Are they really THIS stupid or THIS ignorant?

Tell the Rs to quit their damn filibustering and work FOR the United States for a change.

BTW, in spite of taking a hit with the bush crash, I have both the time and the money to play golf. But, that's because I saved and planned for the worst. But, that's just me.

No - stuff like that is reserved for the leer jet limousine liberals. You know, the people who claim to care about others but who hoard their wealth and spend it on frivilous items such as golf and iPhones.

IPhones?

:lol:

Yeah - iPhones, stupid. An unnecessary item that costs over $700. Money that could feed a whole lot of people. Except that liberals are greedy assholes that don't care about anybody but themselves. So they ask government for communism so that they themselves don't have to actually help someone or make a sacrifice.

No - stuff like that is reserved for the leer jet limousine liberals. You know, the people who claim to care about others but who hoard their wealth and spend it on frivilous items such as golf and iPhones.

IPhones?

Yeah - iPhones, stupid. An unnecessary item that costs over $700. Money that could feed a whole lot of people. Except that liberals are greedy assholes that don't care about anybody but themselves. So they ask government for communism so that they themselves don't have to actually help someone or make a sacrifice.

Yea....I hear they got them newfangled color TVs and Microwave ovens too

What do you base your "guess" on?

That's what the typical serial golfer spends (who does a variety of courses). Do you think Obama is putting a premium on cheap courses?

Yes

Military courses are inexpensive, mostly good quality and have good security. That's why he plays there

You think the President cares about good security? I mean, he's the President? The first black President. What bad could possibly happen to him from someone else's hands?

You don't think the "average American" has had the time (a few hours) or money ($15) to play a round of golf every two weeks?

I have friends who golf twice a week, and they make less money than I do.

Do you really think Obama is playing the $15 courses?

Pretty close. Here's the green fees where he plays: The Courses at Andrews - Course Fees Page

IPhones?

So only liberals have Iphones? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Iphones as low as $99

So only liberals have Iphones? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Iphones as low as $99

Apparently, only "leer jet limousine liberals" have iPhones.

My father plays golf once a week, that would be 200+ rounds of golf in the 4 years....one reason they chose to retire in Florida, the golfing!

Every CEO of every corporation that i worked for, golfed 2-3 times a week, during working hours..... we were told that's where the best deals for the company were made! :eek: :lol:

My boss plays every weekend except when there is bad weather.

Forum List

Back