Hate Crime

All of the places in the constitution you cite are meant to protect citizens from govt.

The state can not deny anyone their civil rights.

What you can not discuss what I just posted above. Have you ever read the constitution.

You are the worst kind of liberal. The kind that when you found out the democratic party would protect you from the rest of the world you swallowed everything they give you withouty thinking.

Damn right I'm the worst kind of liberal. I vote.

And again

any thoughts on the constitution.

at what point will your need to feel morally superior be satiated?

we're having bandwidth issues and need the room, if you can spare it.

tia

Hi del,

I see you've just dropped in to be an asshole. Why don't you try to get me banned while you're at it?

Love sky

i guess you're not done yet.

i'll check back later

ciao, bella

Keep trying to kick me out, del.

This proves that hate crime legislation is constitutional.
http://ag.ca.gov/civilrights/htm/firstamend.php

Last edited:
I will tell you what I think you guys can't stand. This uppity woman holding tall for hate crime law against ALL of you single handedly.

Yea, that must be it. :lol::lol: It's fortunate that you think so highly of yourself.

Please let go of your victimhood, Sky. It really isn't healthy to relish and cling to your special status.

I think quite highly of myself. Too bad for you.

You think too highly of your special victim status. You are no more and no less important on this earth than anyone else. I know this will come as a shock to you but that's the truth. Contrary to what you have been told by your teachers, being gay does not make you a big deal.

I personally find it offensive that some victims thing their so much more important than the rest of us. You really aren't. It's a lie - and you eat it up so you can feed your ego.

What you can not discuss what I just posted above. Have you ever read the constitution.

You are the worst kind of liberal. The kind that when you found out the democratic party would protect you from the rest of the world you swallowed everything they give you withouty thinking.

And again

Plenty. I've already posted quite a lot. Your choice not to read any of it.

Hi del,

I see you've just dropped in to be an asshole. Why don't you try to get me banned while you're at it?

Love sky

i'll check back later

ciao, bella

Civil Rights - Hate Violence Statutes and the First Amendment - California Department of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

Yea, del is so scared of your towering intellect that he wants to throw you out. :lol::lol: At least you'll never be lonely - with all those voices in your head to keep you company. Tell 'em I say 'hey'. :lol:

Yea, that must be it. :lol::lol: It's fortunate that you think so highly of yourself.

Please let go of your victimhood, Sky. It really isn't healthy to relish and cling to your special status.

You think too highly of your special victim status. You are no more and no less important on this earth than anyone else. I know this will come as a shock to you but that's the truth. Contrary to what you have been told by your teachers, being gay does not make you a big deal.

I personally find it offensive that some victims thing their so much more important than the rest of us. You really aren't. It's a lie - and you eat it up so you can feed your ego.

You keep saying that I think I'm more important than you. I've never said that. YOU are lying.

And again

You have not posted anything but links to articles about blacks and gays being targeted for crime by others. That is not even close to a dicsussion. The constitution is the law of the land. Use it to prove your point.

i'll check back later

ciao, bella

Civil Rights - Hate Violence Statutes and the First Amendment - California Department of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

Yea, del is so scared of your towering intellect that he wants to throw you out. :lol::lol: At least you'll never be lonely - with all those voices in your head to keep you company. Tell 'em I say 'hey'. :lol:

I'm teasing del. It's what we do.

Your ignorance of hate crime is appalling. I repeat: Do you know ANY victims of hate crime? I suspect NONE of you do. I know many.

BFD! Whether or not I know someone who has been a victim of a hate crime. Whether or not the victim is me or my friend makes no difference whatsoever. Your life is no more important than mine despite what you obviously believe.

Immie

Immie--

I get it that you don't understand the point of hate crime law. I do. I will NEVER be able to convince you to come over to my way of thinking. My life certainly is NOT more important than yours. That is NOT what I'm saying.

I'm saying that if I am targeted for a crime of violence based on being a lesbian, OTHER gay and lesbian people are affected by the crime. It's a form of terrorism.

It makes a difference if you've had any experience with hate crime because you see how profoundly affected the targeted community is by the crime.

FYI, it takes TWICE as long to get over a biased crime than it does the same crime NOT motivated by bias.

I will not continue to try and convince any of you. You're minds are made up. They are closed regarding this subject.

sky

Right, hypothetically. a guy breaks into my neighbors house last night, murders him, his wife and two children in the middle of the night for no known reason and gets away. No one knows who did it or why and tonight you think I am going to sleep comfortably? No frigging way.

The reason that the murder of a straight white male in the next town doesn't "terrorize" every white male is that it ends up being some two inch single column newspaper clipping on page 18C of the local newspapers. If that straight white male is instead a member of a protected minority the article moves from Section C to Front Page Headlines all throughout the country with full page coverage every day for a week with headlines on the case for the next three months insisting that hate crime laws would have prevented this horrible murder.

Immie

Last edited:
BFD! Whether or not I know someone who has been a victim of a hate crime. Whether or not the victim is me or my friend makes no difference whatsoever. Your life is no more important than mine despite what you obviously believe.

Immie

Immie--

I get it that you don't understand the point of hate crime law. I do. I will NEVER be able to convince you to come over to my way of thinking. My life certainly is NOT more important than yours. That is NOT what I'm saying.

I'm saying that if I am targeted for a crime of violence based on being a lesbian, OTHER gay and lesbian people are affected by the crime. It's a form of terrorism.

It makes a difference if you've had any experience with hate crime because you see how profoundly affected the targeted community is by the crime.

FYI, it takes TWICE as long to get over a biased crime than it does the same crime NOT motivated by bias.

I will not continue to try and convince any of you. You're minds are made up. They are closed regarding this subject.

sky

Right, hypothetically. a guy breaks into my neighbors house last night, murders him, his wife and two children in the middle of the night for no known reason and gets away. No one knows who did it or why and tonight you think I am going to sleep comfortably? No frigging way.

The reason that the murder of a straight white male in the next town doesn't "terrorize" every white male is that it ends up being some two inch single column newspaper clipping on page 18C of the local newspapers. If that straight white male is instead a member of a protected minority the article moves from Section C to Front Page Headlines all throughout the country with full page coverage every day for a week with headlines on the case for the next three months.

Immie

You deny that hate crime exists. Wow. I am stunned. I'm leaving now. I am proud of myself for sticking up for minorities.

You keep saying that I think I'm more important than you. I've never said that. YOU are lying.

No don't have to say it, Sky. That is what your 'hate crime special victims status' tells me. You think crimes against you are more egregious than those against me. That's what your 'hate crime law' is about. Because you're gay, you get special treatment. All that does is cause resentment.

What is so wrong with being treated equally? Why do you have to be special?

You have not posted anything but links to articles about blacks and gays being targeted for crime by others. That is not even close to a dicsussion. The constitution is the law of the land. Use it to prove your point.

I've done that already.

What you said is people generally refer to this admendment and that section to justify hate crime laws. I refuted you.

If you are not sure how this works your next step is to refute me using the info you posted earlier or god forbid come up with new intellegent info.

Immie--

sky

The reason that the murder of a straight white male in the next town doesn't "terrorize" every white male is that it ends up being some two inch single column newspaper clipping on page 18C of the local newspapers. If that straight white male is instead a member of a protected minority the article moves from Section C to Front Page Headlines all throughout the country with full page coverage every day for a week with headlines on the case for the next three months.

Immie

You deny that hate crime exists. Wow. I am stunned. I'm leaving now. I am proud of myself for sticking up for minorities.

You're sticking up for nothing. No one is against minorities, idiot.

Immie

You're sticking up for nothing. No one is against minorities, idiot.

You are against minorities being protected from hate crime, IDIOT. My friends ask me why I bother talking to any of you. They know I won't get through. You're hopeless.

I tell them it's like playing a video game.

Last edited:
Immie--

sky

Immie

I don't recall ever claiming hate crimes do not exist. In fact, I don't recall anyone involved in this thread claiming hate crimes do not exist.

Our point is that all victims of crime deserve to be treated equally.

Now, if you think anyone has said hate crimes don't exist, please, feel free to point out which fool said that.

Immie

Forum List

Back