Hate Crime

Sky you are the worst kind of troll.

Tony. Hate crime is a topic that is very emotional for a lot of people. If you don't want to discuss it, why are you here?

If you think I'm doing anything against the rules here, report me.

Tony. Hate crime is a topic that is very emotional for a lot of people. If you don't want to discuss it, why are you here?

You are not discussing it. All you are doing is looking for ways to brag about your worldliness and how harmed you are by things.

If you wanted to discuss and prove your point why dont you post the section of the constitution that supports hate crime legislation.

You are not discussing it. All you are doing is looking for ways to brag about your worldliness and how harmed you are by things.

If you wanted to discuss and prove your point why dont you post the section of the constitution that supports hate crime legislation.

I'm not bragging about anything. I can't help having had the life I've had. I was 14 when I witnessed my first hate crime. It was an off duty white policeman attacking an old black man.

That affected me.

I'm not bragging about anything. I can't help having had the life I've had. I was 14 when I witnessed my first hate crime. It was an off duty white policeman attacking an old black man.

That affected me.

Constitution

Prove it.

If you cant then admit that you cant.

Facts of the Case:
On October 7, 1989, Todd Mitchell, a young black man, instigated an attack against a young white boy. He was subsequently convicted of aggravated battery in the Circuit Court for Kenosha County. According to Wisconsin statute, Mitchell's sentence was increased, because the court found that he had selected his victim based on race. Mitchell challenged the constitutionality of the increase in his penalty, but the Wisconsin Court of Appeals rejected his claims. However, the Wisconsin Supreme Court reversed.

Question:
Did the increase in Mitchell's sentence based on his bigoted motives violate his First Amendment rights?

Conclusion:
No. In a unanimous opinion authored by Justice William H. Rehnquist, the Court found that the Wisconsin statute paralleled antidiscrimination laws which had been found to comply with the First Amendment. It also determined that the consequences for the victim and the community tended to be more severe, when the victim of a crime was chosen on account of his or her race. Thus, when the Wisconsin statute increased the sentence for such crimes, it was not punishing the defendant for his or her bigoted beliefs or statements, but rather the predicted ramifications of his or her crime. Finally, the Court concluded that the Wisconsin statute did not violate the right to free speech because the occasion in which an average person's racist comments would be used against him or her in a court of law would arise so rarely that he or she would not feel forced to suppress them.

Wisconsin v. Mitchell | The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

The Court also held that judges are given wide discretion when considering factors pursuant to sentencing.

Hate crime legislation is therefore Constitutional, the OP is correct.

But, he gets no special consideration, because he is a straight white male.

hate crime stuff is just to make race card players feel good....
Hate crime laws are for those who love being victims.

Incorrect. See the cited case above.

I didn't argue that it wasn't Constitutional, idiot. I argued that it is divisive and based on emotion rather than reason and justice.

I suggest that you improve your basic comprehension skills - and, once you have mastered that, learn the skill of critical thinking.

The commerce clause, section 5 of the Fourteenth Amendment, and section 2 of the Thirteenth and Fifteenth Amendments are the grants of power most often mentioned when discussing Congress’s authority to proscribe hate crimes and to enact other forms of civil rights legislation.

That affected me.

Constitution

Prove it.

If you cant then admit that you cant.

I did. Now piss off.

The 1st Amendment declares that “Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech.” The 14th Amendment’s due process clause imposes the same restriction upon the states, many of whose constitutions have a comparable limitation.

Under the 1st Amendment, the Court has decided several cases which provide the framework in which states must act to protect the
constitutionality of hate crime legislation.
http://www.policyarchive.org/handle/10207/bitstreams/18676.pdf

Last edited:
I am truly amazed at the overwhelmingly NEGATIVE response to this thread about hate crime law.

My friends are stunned by the ignorance.

Perhaps, none of you have lived in communites where hate crimes have been committed. We have.

at what point will your need to feel morally superior be satiated?

we're having bandwidth issues and need the room, if you can spare it.

tia

The commerce clause, section 5 of the Fourteenth Amendment, and section 2 of the Thirteenth and Fifteenth Amendments are the grants of power most often mentioned when discussing Congress’s authority to proscribe hate crimes and to enact other forms of civil rights legislation.

All of the places in the constitution you cite are meant to protect citizens from govt.

The state can not deny anyone their civil rights.

I will tell you what I think you guys can't stand. This uppity woman holding tall for hate crime law against ALL of you single handedly. That's right. This lesbian feminist woman doesn't know her place.

Last edited:
I am truly amazed at the overwhelmingly NEGATIVE response to this thread about hate crime law.

Perhaps, none of you have lived in communites where hate crimes have been committed. We have.

tia

Hi del,

I see you've just dropped in to be an asshole. Why don't you try to get me banned while you're at it? Have fun with that.

Love sky

Hate Crime Laws are Constitutional.

Hate Crime Laws are like Rape Crime Laws.

Rape Crime Laws are Constitutional.

The Constitution Up Holds 2 things Freedom and Equality.

This also means that the Constitution is not for Democracy or a Republic.

The Constitution is for a Democratic Republic.

Last edited:

tia

Hi del,

I see you've just dropped in to be an asshole. Why don't you try to get me banned while you're at it?

Love sky

i guess you're not done yet.

i'll check back later

ciao, bella

I will tell you what I think you guys can't stand. This uppity woman holding tall for hate crime law against ALL of you single handedly.

Yea, that must be it. :lol::lol: It's fortunate that you think so highly of yourself.

Please let go of your victimhood, Sky. It really isn't healthy to relish and cling to your special status.

Last edited:

tia
Bandwidth issues? Heart is playing?

• Thanks
Reactions: del

All of the places in the constitution you cite are meant to protect citizens from govt.

What you can not discuss what I just posted above. Have you ever read the constitution.

You are the worst kind of liberal. The kind that when you found out the democratic party would protect you from the rest of the world you swallowed everything they give you withouty thinking.

What you can not discuss what I just posted above. Have you ever read the constitution.

You are the worst kind of liberal. The kind that when you found out the democratic party would protect you from the rest of the world you swallowed everything they give you withouty thinking.

Damn right I'm the worst kind of liberal. I vote.

tia

Hi del,

I see you've just dropped in to be an asshole. Why don't you try to get me banned while you're at it? Have fun with that.

Love sky

Hate Crime Laws are Constitutional.

Hate Crime Laws are like Rape Crime Laws.

Rape Crime Laws are Constitutional.

The Constitution Up Holds 2 things Freedom and Equality.

This also means that the Constitution is not for Democracy or a Republic.

The Constitution is for a Democratic Republic.

You said it yourself equality. There is nothing equal giving some people more protection than others.

I will tell you what I think you guys can't stand. This uppity woman holding tall for hate crime law against ALL of you single handedly.

Yea, that must be it. :lol::lol: It's fortunate that you think so highly of yourself.

Please let go of your victimhood, Sky. It really isn't healthy to relish and cling to your special status.

I think quite highly of myself. Too bad for you.

Forum List

Back