Has NATO outlived it's usefulness?

This has absolutely nothing to do with that wife beater, Putin. This is about what is good for America. The UN and NATO have not been good for America. NOT AT ALL!
Sorry Jeri the love affair conservative Americans are having with Putin has everything to do with the current surge of outrage at NATO.
While that may be true for some folks it isn't of me. I just happen to believe that we need to stop fighting the UN's wars. As for Putin happening to be right about something such as ending NATO? Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Nothing to get excited about, OS.
Russia and Putin have been wanting to end NATO for decades. I wonder if you can guess why?

Damn the Putin cult is calling for the disbanding of NATO now. Crazy times.
He isn't though.. He supports the terrorists "Turkey" :lol:
BTW, fuck NATO :thup:
It's amazing that the love for Putin here is so strong that one justified instance that had nothing to do with NATO has conservatives saying we need to abandon NATO. Anything to appease Putin...
What gets me is the OP didn't even mention Putin. You are such a fuckin hack, you cant even read properly :lol:
Sorry bud the rash of anti-NATO posts and threads are a direct result of Putin getting smacked down by Turkey. The right's been pretty outraged about it.
Some people are against globalism, period. Turkey isn't clean. Wake up!

This has absolutely nothing to do with that wife beater, Putin. This is about what is good for America. The UN and NATO have not been good for America. NOT AT ALL!
Sorry Jeri the love affair conservative Americans are having with Putin has everything to do with the current surge of outrage at NATO.
While that may be true for some folks it isn't of me. I just happen to believe that we need to stop fighting the UN's wars. As for Putin happening to be right about something such as ending NATO? Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Nothing to get excited about, OS.
Russia and Putin have been wanting to end NATO for decades. I wonder if you can guess why?

Because they feel threatened by NATO expansion? Because they want to dominate their region?

3 of those states have nothing to do with Nato.

And the fourth is our ally in current trouble.
2,285,000 Active Military 510,000 Reserves - China

1,190,000 Active 600,000 Reserves - DPRK

523,000 Active 350,000 Reserves - Iran

766,055 Active 1,545,200 Reserves - Russia

All 4 are existing or future threats. Ya don't game out a nuclear strike on China because you think they're your buddies.

Remember when US told Ukraine to disarm we would protect em.......yeah nobody believes NATO is going to save their ass anymore

Because they feel threatened by NATO expansion? Because they want to dominate their region?
I wonder what Reagan would say about all the pro-Russia, anti-America/NATO sentiment his beloved GOP is mired in today.

I wonder what Reagan would say about all the pro-Russia, anti-America/NATO sentiment his beloved GOP is mired in today.

IMO, Reagan would be shocked that the US would be treaty bound to go to war with Russia over the Baltics, or that the US would be messing around with the Ukraine.

The COld War is over. The Soviet Union is gone. There are not thousands of Red Army tanks sitting in the middle of Germany with a real capability of rolling over enough of Europe for the SU to dominate the world.

IMO, Reagan would be shocked that the US would be treaty bound to go to war with Russia over the Baltics, or that the US would be messing around with the Ukraine.

The COld War is over. The Soviet Union is gone. There are not thousands of Red Army tanks sitting in the middle of Germany with a real capability of rolling over enough of Europe for the SU to dominate the world.
But there IS a crazy dictator, beloved by millions of socially conservative Americans, who dreams of making that a reality again.

But there IS a crazy dictator, beloved by millions of socially conservative Americans, who dreams of making that a reality again.

Russia is not a threat to the world, like the Soviet Union was.

Putin might have dreams of dominating the old SU territory. It really doesn't matter if he does.

The US being treaty obligated to go to war against Russia over the Baltics is insane and in no way in our interests.

Estonia is not worth WWIII.

THE COLD WAR IS OVER.

Putin might have dreams of dominating the old SU territory. It really doesn't matter if he does.

The US being treaty obligated to go to war against Russia over the Baltics is insane and in no way in our interests.

THE COLD WAR IS OVER.
Yeah it's not like Putin still has thousands of nukes, provides our enemies with nuclear equipment, provides our enemies with weapons, regularly violates our air space, buzzes our carriers, supports communist regimes all over the world...

Yeah let's disband NATO. Let's give Putin an early Christmas present.

THE COLD WAR IS OVER.
Yeah it's not like Putin still has thousands of nukes, provides our enemies with nuclear equipment, provides our enemies with weapons, regularly violates our air space, buzzes our carriers, supports communist regimes all over the world...

Small Peanuts compared to the reasons we were in NATO during Reagan's time.

I supported aggressive action by Reagan when the Soviet Union was there and was a real threat.

Now, that there is not a real threat, I do not support aggressive action.

THE COLD WAR IS OVER.

I supported aggressive action by Reagan when the Soviet Union was there and was a real threat.

Unless it's by Putin. Because you don't want to respond to it. Hmm...

THE COLD WAR IS OVER.

Unless it's by Putin. Because you don't want to respond to it. Hmm...

Don't get weird on me old man.

I remember arguing in favor of Reagan's policy of deploying Cruise Missiles, funding the Contras, arming the Afgan rebels, SDI, ect ect ect.

The Soviet Union was an actual threat to American National Security.

Putin, in his wildest dreams is not going to be able to do so.

He might spend his life getting domination over the territory of the former SU.

He will never get tanks in the middle of Germany.

He will not reverse the population decline of Russia.

Thus, I see no reason for the US to have an aggressive policy against Russia.

Before, where there was a real threat, I was a Hawk.

Now that there is not, I am a Dove.

Make Love, not War.

Luxembourg and Estonia for God's sakes. Most of the members of NATO don't even have a single plane or ship or much of a military. They join up and get weapons and we hope they don't aim them at each other or us. The U.S. pretty much funds the operation and we wait around until (our) NATO troops come under the authority of some idiot from Luxembourg. Anybody who thinks the Russians would take over the world if NATO didn't exist is a fool.

Forum List

Back