CDZ Has Brie Larson damaged Captain Marvel beyond repair?

so the doctor is now a man trapped in a womans body...am i right joe?

Is she? Or is each regeneration it's own personality with its own sexuality? I think we already established this was the case when William Hartnell's grouchy old First Doctor turned into Patrick Troughton's clownish second Doctor.

I'm actually not thrilled with this current run, but not because the Doctor is a woman, but just about every other creative decision they made.

Sorry, you are wrong...that is exactly what they did.....the main cast of the original Star Wars were all ruined in the last movie...all to make the new, weaker, SJW female characters take the lead....

The last Star Wars had a lot of problems, but not because of female characters. I am noticing that the same people who hate on the female characters in various TV shows are the same ones who voted in the crazy game show host rather than a qualified woman.

Just saying.

SJW pretty much suck at life and nobody is fucking interested in their story or POV.

Sorry, you are wrong...that is exactly what they did.....the main cast of the original Star Wars were all ruined in the last movie...all to make the new, weaker, SJW female characters take the lead....

The last Star Wars had a lot of problems, but not because of female characters. I am noticing that the same people who hate on the female characters in various TV shows are the same ones who voted in the crazy game show host rather than a qualified woman.

Just saying.
You mean a lesser qualified woman

What message are you claiming Captain Marvel is pushing?

That there are no differences in physical capability between men and women. This is an expensive and potentially dangerous fantasy when applied to police, fire, military and construction activities.

So you think the hiring practices of police departments, fire departments, the US Military, and various construction companies will change because of the casting for a fictional character in a movie based on comic books?

I've worked for a couple of decades in the utility construction industry. I've known a few women who worked as linemen (yes we called them linemen), and a few more who worked as fiber splicers. It wasn't dangerous or expensive.

I thought I'd break with the pack here and actually SEE the movie before weighing in.

I thought the movie rocked. Ms. Larson did a great job in portraying the eponymous superhero and I could discern no political objectives in the film apart from 'kicking bad guy arses is a good thing'.

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Can't wait for 'Endgame.

Last edited:
This video looks at Brie Larson and her attacks on the very fan base who Marvel wants to pay to see Captain Marvel......how much damage has she done?

I checked out of the MCU a long time ago, but given how much the misogynistic right is losing their stuff over this gal, I might go out and see this movie.

The real problem is, of course, that the Carol Danvers' Captain Marvel is a relatively obscure character compared to Iron Man or Thor. She wasn't the only character to take the title, and it was only one of several identities she took on during her superhero career. (She was also known as Binary, Warbird and Ms. Marvel at various points... because comics.)

What i am seeing is that in the age of Trump, we have a new wave of toxic masculinity.. We can see how people reacted to The Last Jedi's female characters, Star Trek Discovery main character being a black woman, or the new Doctor Who being played by a woman.

(Yes, I'm totally down with a shape-changing dude who travels through time and space in a magic box and fights homicidal pepper-shakers with a screwdriver, but you turn him into a chick, and I'm out!!!!)
You aare clearly ignorant.

Binary and warbird and Ms marvel were not different identities of Captain Marvel.

Carol Danvers adopted all of those aliases after she got her powers FROM Captain Marvel.

There was no toxic masculinity as you claim which is a fictional term anyways. The problem is Social Justice Warrior fools making a hash out of entertainment to make a feminist political statement.

One can have strong female leads and even replace male characters so long as it is done right and satisfies the fans. For proof of this simply check out the reboot of Battlestar Gallactica which replaced several male characters with female actors and even invented new female characters who were important to the story. The point was there was a little push back until the fans saw how they improved the story. It then became iconic and a fan favorite where no one cared about the gender of characters.

When people switch characters to make a political feminist point they lose focus and create bad stories which is why there was a backlash against the new star wars and star trek discovery. It was not misogyny it was boring stories which failed to deliver to the fans. This is why the last reboot of ghostbusters tanked and failed.

SJWs make these disasters then whine about misogyny when they fail .

The original star trek learned the hard way that the fans have to be made happy because that is who pays for the show or comic book or story. lying and whining about toxic masculinity is not an excuse for fucking over the fans and losing money as a result

It's a comic book character, dumb ass. How does it have more than a passing effect on anybody?

This video looks at Brie Larson and her attacks on the very fan base who Marvel wants to pay to see Captain Marvel......how much damage has she done?

I checked out of the MCU a long time ago, but given how much the misogynistic right is losing their stuff over this gal, I might go out and see this movie.

The real problem is, of course, that the Carol Danvers' Captain Marvel is a relatively obscure character compared to Iron Man or Thor. She wasn't the only character to take the title, and it was only one of several identities she took on during her superhero career. (She was also known as Binary, Warbird and Ms. Marvel at various points... because comics.)

What i am seeing is that in the age of Trump, we have a new wave of toxic masculinity.. We can see how people reacted to The Last Jedi's female characters, Star Trek Discovery main character being a black woman, or the new Doctor Who being played by a woman.

(Yes, I'm totally down with a shape-changing dude who travels through time and space in a magic box and fights homicidal pepper-shakers with a screwdriver, but you turn him into a chick, and I'm out!!!!)

Binary and warbird and Ms marvel were not different identities of Captain Marvel.

Carol Danvers adopted all of those aliases after she got her powers FROM Captain Marvel.

There was no toxic masculinity as you claim which is a fictional term anyways. The problem is Social Justice Warrior fools making a hash out of entertainment to make a feminist political statement.

One can have strong female leads and even replace male characters so long as it is done right and satisfies the fans. For proof of this simply check out the reboot of Battlestar Gallactica which replaced several male characters with female actors and even invented new female characters who were important to the story. The point was there was a little push back until the fans saw how they improved the story. It then became iconic and a fan favorite where no one cared about the gender of characters.

When people switch characters to make a political feminist point they lose focus and create bad stories which is why there was a backlash against the new star wars and star trek discovery. It was not misogyny it was boring stories which failed to deliver to the fans. This is why the last reboot of ghostbusters tanked and failed.

The original star trek learned the hard way that the fans have to be made happy because that is who pays for the show or comic book or story. lying and whining about toxic masculinity is not an excuse for fucking over the fans and losing money as a result

It's a comic book character, dumb ass. How does it have more than a passing effect on anybody?
Ask brie Larson who it devastated you retard

We'll put that on the list of things I might care about later if I get time.

You cared enough to post so go whine elsewhere snowflake

I cared enough to comment on one of the silliest threads I've seen lately. How could I not?

I cared enough to comment on one of the silliest threads I've seen lately. How could I not?
No you got butthurt and pitched a little hissy fit.

Forum List

Back