CDZ Has Brie Larson damaged Captain Marvel beyond repair?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This video looks at Brie Larson and her attacks on the very fan base who Marvel wants to pay to see Captain Marvel......how much damage has she done?

This video looks at Brie Larson and her attacks on the very fan base who Marvel wants to pay to see Captain Marvel......how much damage has she done?

I checked out of the MCU a long time ago, but given how much the misogynistic right is losing their stuff over this gal, I might go out and see this movie.

The real problem is, of course, that the Carol Danvers' Captain Marvel is a relatively obscure character compared to Iron Man or Thor. She wasn't the only character to take the title, and it was only one of several identities she took on during her superhero career. (She was also known as Binary, Warbird and Ms. Marvel at various points... because comics.)

What i am seeing is that in the age of Trump, we have a new wave of toxic masculinity.. We can see how people reacted to The Last Jedi's female characters, Star Trek Discovery main character being a black woman, or the new Doctor Who being played by a woman.

(Yes, I'm totally down with a shape-changing dude who travels through time and space in a magic box and fights homicidal pepper-shakers with a screwdriver, but you turn him into a chick, and I'm out!!!!)

I checked out of the MCU a long time ago, but given how much the misogynistic right is losing their stuff over this gal, I might go out and see this movie.

The real problem is, of course, that the Carol Danvers' Captain Marvel is a relatively obscure character compared to Iron Man or Thor. She wasn't the only character to take the title, and it was only one of several identities she took on during her superhero career. (She was also known as Binary, Warbird and Ms. Marvel at various points... because comics.)

What i am seeing is that in the age of Trump, we have a new wave of toxic masculinity.. We can see how people reacted to The Last Jedi's female characters, Star Trek Discovery main character being a black woman, or the new Doctor Who being played by a woman.

(Yes, I'm totally down with a shape-changing dude who travels through time and space in a magic box and fights homicidal pepper-shakers with a screwdriver, but you turn him into a chick, and I'm out!!!!)
You aare clearly ignorant.

Binary and warbird and Ms marvel were not different identities of Captain Marvel.

Carol Danvers adopted all of those aliases after she got her powers FROM Captain Marvel.

There was no toxic masculinity as you claim which is a fictional term anyways. The problem is Social Justice Warrior fools making a hash out of entertainment to make a feminist political statement.

One can have strong female leads and even replace male characters so long as it is done right and satisfies the fans. For proof of this simply check out the reboot of Battlestar Gallactica which replaced several male characters with female actors and even invented new female characters who were important to the story. The point was there was a little push back until the fans saw how they improved the story. It then became iconic and a fan favorite where no one cared about the gender of characters.

When people switch characters to make a political feminist point they lose focus and create bad stories which is why there was a backlash against the new star wars and star trek discovery. It was not misogyny it was boring stories which failed to deliver to the fans. This is why the last reboot of ghostbusters tanked and failed.

SJWs make these disasters then whine about misogyny when they fail .

The original star trek learned the hard way that the fans have to be made happy because that is who pays for the show or comic book or story. lying and whining about toxic masculinity is not an excuse for fucking over the fans and losing money as a result

Binary and warbird and Ms marvel were not different identities of Captain Marvel.

Carol Danvers adopted all of those aliases after she got her powers FROM Captain Marvel.

Well, no, she got different powers... for instance, Rogue of X-Men fame stole her Capt. Marvel powers, but she got new powers as Binary.

And I largely checked out of Comics books in the 1990's.

One can have strong female leads and even replace male characters so long as it is done right and satisfies the fans. For proof of this simply check out the reboot of Battlestar Gallactica which replaced several male characters with female actors and even invented new female characters who were important to the story. The point was there was a little push back until the fans saw how they improved the story. It then became iconic and a fan favorite where no one cared about the gender of characters.

Since the Original BSG was garbage the ripped off Star Wars (I like to call it "Mormons in Space: Another Testament of Darth Vader") , it wasn't like they had anywhere to go but up.

When people switch characters to make a political feminist point they lose focus and create bad stories which is why there was a backlash against the new star wars and star trek discovery. It was not misogyny it was boring stories which failed to deliver to the fans. This is why the last reboot of ghostbusters tanked and failed.

Actually, Discovery is a really good show.... Better than Voyager or Enterprise. I am not entirely sure it belongs in the Trek Universe, but it's still pretty good. Jedi was bad for a whole bunch of reasons that had nothing to do with the female leads or message.

The original star trek learned the hard way that the fans have to be made happy because that is who pays for the show or comic book or story. lying and whining about toxic masculinity is not an excuse for fucking over the fans and losing money as a result

Toxic Masculinity aside, you always have to balance "Fan Service' against "Story-telling". Too much fan service, people get bored, they've seen it before and better. Too much "Let's be new and edgy", and you alienate your fan base.

Well, no, she got different powers... for instance, Rogue of X-Men fame stole her Capt. Marvel powers, but she got new powers as Binary.

Since the Original BSG was garbage the ripped off Star Wars (I like to call it "Mormons in Space: Another Testament of Darth Vader") , it wasn't like they had anywhere to go but up.

Actually, Discovery is a really good show.... Better than Voyager or Enterprise. I am not entirely sure it belongs in the Trek Universe, but it's still pretty good. Jedi was bad for a whole bunch of reasons that had nothing to do with the female leads or message.

Toxic Masculinity aside, you always have to balance "Fan Service' against "Story-telling". Too much fan service, people get bored, they've seen it before and better. Too much "Let's be new and edgy", and you alienate your fan base.
You miss the point. Yes she got different powers but none of carol danvers incarnations were capitain marvel who was a different character.

The point is there is npo toxic masculinity it is the other way around.

Feminists wish to impose their message on others through entertainment and they make up lies about toxic masculinity when they fail

You miss the point. Yes she got different powers but none of carol danvers incarnations were capitain marvel who was a different character.
Carol Danvers has been Captain Marverl since 2012. Before that it was Monica Rambeau (now Photon) sho took the name Captain Marvel in the 1980’s after the death of Marv-ell.

Carol Danvers is the third female Captain Marvel out of 7 characters using the name Captain Marvel.

There’s no gender switching going on here.

Feminists wish to impose their message on others through entertainment and they make up lies about toxic masculinity when they fail
Brie Larson is getting stacked because she said she would like to see more diversity in movie critics. I have seen her speech and she never said anything negative sbout men.

What message are you claiming Captain Marvel is pushing?

That there are no differences in physical capability between men and women. This is an expensive and potentially dangerous fantasy when applied to police, fire, military and construction activities.

There was no toxic masculinity as you claim which is a fictional term anyways. The problem is Social Justice Warrior fools making a hash out of entertainment to make a feminist political statement.

Who is Shazam?

Who is Shazam?
SHAZAM is what DC has to market their Captain Marvel as. Originally a Fawcett Comics rip-off of Superman, Fawcett got sued by DC for copyright infringement and by the time that was settled, superheroes weren’t popular and Fawcett quit publishing Captain Marvel in 1953.

In the 1960’s, Marvel comics snagged the copyright to the name Captain Marvel with the Kree warrior Mar-vell.
In the 2970’s, DC got the rights to the Fawcett characters, but the courts ruled they couldn’t use the name Captain Marvel as a comic title as Marvel had the rights, and so they had to use SHAZAM which is the magic word Billy Batson uses to turn into Captain Marvel.

Marvel killed off Mar-vell in 1982, but they then had Monica Rambeau take the name as Marcel had to keep the name in publication on a regular basis. So, multiple characters have used the name, with Carol Danvers taking the name in 2012.

Sorry, it had nothing to do with female characters...it had everything to do with destroying the previous characters out of left wing social justice philosophy in order to supplant them with the new female characters....that was the problem....

Sorry, it had nothing to do with female characters...it had everything to do with destroying the previous characters out of left wing social justice philosophy in order to supplant them with the new female characters....that was the problem....

Except no one planned to do that. It is true that they plan to retire some of the MCU characters because the actors want to move on. Robert Downey has been trying to get out for years.

so the doctor is now a man trapped in a womans body...am i right joe?

Who is Shazam?
SHAZAM is what DC has to market their Captain Marvel as. Originally a Fawcett Comics rip-off of Superman, Fawcett got sued by DC for copyright infringement and by the time that was settled, superheroes weren’t popular and Fawcett quit publishing Captain Marvel in 1953.

In the 1960’s, Marvel comics snagged the copyright to the name Captain Marvel with the Kree warrior Mar-vell.
In the 2970’s, DC got the rights to the Fawcett characters, but the courts ruled they couldn’t use the name Captain Marvel as a comic title as Marvel had the rights, and so they had to use SHAZAM which is the magic word Billy Batson uses to turn into Captain Marvel.

Marvel killed off Mar-vell in 1982, but they then had Monica Rambeau take the name as Marcel had to keep the name in publication on a regular basis. So, multiple characters have used the name, with Carol Danvers taking the name in 2012.
yep there is only one Capt Marvel.....and this is him....

250px-Captainmarvel.JPG

Who is Shazam?

View attachment 249185
Shazam!

Who is Shazam?

View attachment 249185
Shazam!
did you change?.....

Except no one planned to do that. It is true that they plan to retire some of the MCU characters because the actors want to move on. Robert Downey has been trying to get out for years.

Sorry, you are wrong...that is exactly what they did.....the main cast of the original Star Wars were all ruined in the last movie...all to make the new, weaker, SJW female characters take the lead....

That there are no differences in physical capability between men and women. This is an expensive and potentially dangerous fantasy when applied to police, fire, military and construction activities.
Good grief kid, it's movie. Made from a comic book. The message they are pushing is "buy more merchandise"!

Wasn’t really interested in Captain Marvel to begin with. The actress is kinda blah,and I was never interested in the character...then she started spouting feminist crapola.,pissed the fans off and now they are over saturating the promotion on social media to the point that it’s annoying. I liked Shazam as a kid. That’s the Captain Marvel I remember. I may see that,but it really doesn’t wow me either.

Once they write out Chris Hemsworth,Chris Evans and Robert Downey jr. I can’t really say I will even continue with Marvel. Unless they do another Gardians of the Galaxy. Or continue Captain America with Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackey. Just not really interested in investing in new characters at this point.

Marvel has given so many characters politically correct personas that the entire Marvel division of Disney is starting to fail. The rumor is that Disney is thinking of shuttering Marvel.

Forum List

Back