Halal supermarket - Sell Alcohol & Pork or Face Closure

It is discrimination of christians though and atheists or non-muslims in general who dont observe halal laws, i didnt know the background of the story first.

BULLSHIT. There is no "discrimination" in *NOT DOING* something. That's patently absurd.

You dont need to have a halal supermarket to not eat pork or drink wine though, they can sell halal food and still sell alcohol muslims buy halal food and christians buy alcohol and pork but if they dont sell alcohol and pork then elderly christian people need to walk alot to the next food store and this is discrimination.

No it is not. That's INSANELY stupid. You don't have a "right" to haggis just because I have a food store. Neither pork nor wine is required for survival. Guess what Junior -- you can't always get what you want.
Some people like to do more than just survive. And if there was local demand for haggis, a sensible shop owner would stock haggis. But this time it's pork and alcohol.

Hence my question about what defines "general food". If everybody has what they want and there's one oddball who has to have caviar --- do I have to carry caviar? Where do you draw the line?

On the other hand, from the little we're told in the article this store (which is after all a mini mart) carries different types of food --- is that not "general food"? If it carried, say, only rice, then that would not be the case. Far as I can see they carry more than just rice.

Finally -- alcohol is not a food.
General food in this case means what the locals are used to eating and drinking, ie PORK & ALCOHOL. Now you are back on ignore, you silly, pompous pedant.

What a crock. I hope the store prevails, that's bullshit. And the idea that being Halal somehow means it's "restricted to Muslims" is preposterous. I went to a halal grocery last week and I certainly didn't have to become a Muslim. I also didn't go there to buy alcohol or pork, for the same reason I don't go to a car parts store to by lettuce.

Wonder what their attitude would be on selling cigarettes.

The problem is many of those markets are located in areas filled with old people. People who can't get out and travel to where those items are. Thus, when you have a religious based market, like this plant itself in a location all of those older people are left without the things they desire. Kind of funny how you support these dudes and rip the bakers for not baking cakes for gay weddings.

Bit of a double standard don't ya think....
Exactly:

He said locals, particularly older residents, had complained that they could no longer get the full range of products at Good Price, which replaced a regular supermarket, and had to travel some distance now to do their shopping.

Progressives, like pogo, are only in favor of helping Islamists in their take over of Europe and the US. Funnily enough, if you go to an Islamist country you should conform to THEIR culture. You are after all, visiting their country. Progressives though feel that Islamists are free to ignore the cultures of the places they move to, or visit. It's a strange mental illness they suffer from.

Progressives have been gone for a century, Gummo. But do go ahead and attempt to support the rest. I'm always up for pretzels.

Sure they have. What a 'tard you are...

What It Means To Be A Progressive: A Manifesto

What It Means To Be A Progressive: A Manifesto — ThinkProgress

Whatever that is --- I didn't write it.

Here son --- learn you some history:

>> Progressivism is the term applied to a variety of responses to the economic and social problems rapid industrialization introduced to America. Progressivism began as a social movement and grew into a political movement. The early progressives rejected Social Darwinism. In other words, they were people who believed that the problems society faced (poverty, violence, greed, racism, class warfare) could best be addressed by providing good education, a safe environment, and an efficient workplace. Progressives lived mainly in the cities, were college educated, and believed that government could be a tool for change. Social reformers, like Jane Addams, and journalists, like Jacob Riis and Ida Tarbel, were powerful voiceslld for progressivism. They concentrated on exposing the evils of corporate greed, combating fear of immigrants, and urging Americans to think hard about what democracy meant. Other local leaders encouraged Americans to register to vote, fight political corruption, and let the voting public decide how issues should best be addressed (the initiative, the referendum, and the recall).

On a national level, progressivism gained a strong voice in the White House when Theodore Roosevelt became president in 1901. TR believed that strong corporations were good for America, but he also believed that corporate behavior must be watched to ensure that corporate greed did not get out of hand (trust-busting and federal regulation of business). Progressivism ended with World War I when the horrors of war exposed people's cruelty and many Americans associated President Woodrow Wilson's use of progressive language ("the war to make the world safe for democracy") with the war. << -- The Progressive Era (1890-1920)
Toldja.
/completely offtopic

BULLSHIT. There is no "discrimination" in *NOT DOING* something. That's patently absurd.

You dont need to have a halal supermarket to not eat pork or drink wine though, they can sell halal food and still sell alcohol muslims buy halal food and christians buy alcohol and pork but if they dont sell alcohol and pork then elderly christian people need to walk alot to the next food store and this is discrimination.

No it is not. That's INSANELY stupid. You don't have a "right" to haggis just because I have a food store. Neither pork nor wine is required for survival. Guess what Junior -- you can't always get what you want.
Some people like to do more than just survive. And if there was local demand for haggis, a sensible shop owner would stock haggis. But this time it's pork and alcohol.

Hence my question about what defines "general food". If everybody has what they want and there's one oddball who has to have caviar --- do I have to carry caviar? Where do you draw the line?

On the other hand, from the little we're told in the article this store (which is after all a mini mart) carries different types of food --- is that not "general food"? If it carried, say, only rice, then that would not be the case. Far as I can see they carry more than just rice.

Finally -- alcohol is not a food.
General food in this case means what the locals are used to eating and drinking, I've PORK & ALCOHOL. Now you are back on ignore, you silly, pompous pedant.

Once again -- Alcohol is not a food. Prove me wrong. Or, as you indicated, run away.

The taste is awesome, as long as it is a good product. I won't touch the cheap crap.

The taste of what?

1.) pork, and
2.) alcohol

Well, alcohol anyways.

Yeah I remember the smell of bacon and how it would make me hungry. Those were the daze.

I feel bad for you now.

No need. My cholesterol and blood pressure are superb. Planned it that way. :rock:

Pfft!

Health, shmealth ...

The problem is many of those markets are located in areas filled with old people. People who can't get out and travel to where those items are. Thus, when you have a religious based market, like this plant itself in a location all of those older people are left without the things they desire. Kind of funny how you support these dudes and rip the bakers for not baking cakes for gay weddings.

Bit of a double standard don't ya think....
Exactly:

He said locals, particularly older residents, had complained that they could no longer get the full range of products at Good Price, which replaced a regular supermarket, and had to travel some distance now to do their shopping.

Progressives, like pogo, are only in favor of helping Islamists in their take over of Europe and the US. Funnily enough, if you go to an Islamist country you should conform to THEIR culture. You are after all, visiting their country. Progressives though feel that Islamists are free to ignore the cultures of the places they move to, or visit. It's a strange mental illness they suffer from.

Progressives have been gone for a century, Gummo. But do go ahead and attempt to support the rest. I'm always up for pretzels.

>> Progressivism is the term applied to a variety of responses to the economic and social problems rapid industrialization introduced to America. Progressivism began as a social movement and grew into a political movement. The early progressives rejected Social Darwinism. In other words, they were people who believed that the problems society faced (poverty, violence, greed, racism, class warfare) could best be addressed by providing good education, a safe environment, and an efficient workplace. Progressives lived mainly in the cities, were college educated, and believed that government could be a tool for change. Social reformers, like Jane Addams, and journalists, like Jacob Riis and Ida Tarbel, were powerful voiceslld for progressivism. They concentrated on exposing the evils of corporate greed, combating fear of immigrants, and urging Americans to think hard about what democracy meant. Other local leaders encouraged Americans to register to vote, fight political corruption, and let the voting public decide how issues should best be addressed (the initiative, the referendum, and the recall).

On a national level, progressivism gained a strong voice in the White House when Theodore Roosevelt became president in 1901. TR believed that strong corporations were good for America, but he also believed that corporate behavior must be watched to ensure that corporate greed did not get out of hand (trust-busting and federal regulation of business). Progressivism ended with World War I when the horrors of war exposed people's cruelty and many Americans associated President Woodrow Wilson's use of progressive language ("the war to make the world safe for democracy") with the war. << -- The Progressive Era (1890-1920)
Toldja.
/completely offtopic

Like I said, you're a tard. The progressive movement has never gone away no matter how hard you try and make people believe so. You're like Kaiser Soze...

Exactly:

Toldja.
/completely offtopic

Like I said, you're a tard. The progressive movement has never gone away no matter how hard you try and make people believe so. You're like Kaiser Soze...

Meh. Go argue with George Washington University. I just proved you wrong. You know what to do next.

For what it's worth I can't agree with them about Wilson, who was not so much a Progressive as an Asshole. I'd say the last Progressive was Fighting Bob LaFollette. That's open to debate but either way it's a century ago.

/offtopic

Seriously, pulled pork, ribs, bacon, hot dogs, bourbon, scotch, cognac, armagnac, beer, wine.

Without all these, what is the point?
I don't eat pork. But I like a nice glass of vino at the weekend.

You don't?

Why not?
I cants stand the smell of it, nor the taste of it. Same with beef.

You have to come to the South. Or Texas.

We'll change your mind.
I have had a Texas steak, and I must say I'd probably eat beef every day if I lived there! it was truly delish :thup:

Seriously, pulled pork, ribs, bacon, hot dogs, bourbon, scotch, cognac, armagnac, beer, wine.

You don't?

Why not?

We'll change your mind.
I have had a Texas steak, and I must say I'd probably eat beef every day if I lived there! it was truly delish :thup:

You English have to stop boiling everything.

You don't?

Why not?

We'll change your mind.

You English have to stop boiling everything.
I am a good cook, apparently, but I can't for the life of me seem to cook a steak. I try every now and again for my better half, but it never works out, nor even roast beef. I have a thing about generating free radical so struggle with using high temps, however, even when I attempt to grill them it's crap.

You don't?

Why not?

We'll change your mind.

Toro's Canadian. When he says "bacon" he's talkin' something entirely different. :eusa_shifty:

Come to think of it, I'm outraged that my local Burger King doesn't carry Poutine. :death:

You don't?

Why not?

We'll change your mind.

Toro's Canadian. When he says "bacon" he's talkin' something entirely different. :eusa_shifty:

Come to think of it, I'm outraged that my local Burger King doesn't carry Poutine. :death:
Hmmm. Maybe he will explain.

Poutine? Looks ...umm...interesting :eusa_shifty:

image.jpeg

What a crock. I hope the store prevails, that's bullshit. And the idea that being Halal somehow means it's "restricted to Muslims" is preposterous. I went to a halal grocery last week and I certainly didn't have to become a Muslim. I also didn't go there to buy alcohol or pork, for the same reason I don't go to a car parts store to by lettuce.

Aaaaah...but it's a okay to force Christians to sell cakes to the gays.....how tolerant of you.
GFYS Pogo.

Or Wedding Cakes.

You fucking hypocrite.

How is that fucking hypocrisy, Pot Head? Explain yourself. And don't just beg stupidity this time.

Again....GFYS

How is that fucking hypocrisy, Pot Head? Explain yourself. And don't just beg stupidity this time.

Yeah, forcing those hated Christians to bake cakes for lesbians is really good, but forcing a beloved Muslim to sell pork is really bad...

:eusa_whistle:

You morons keep falling straight into the same trap and yet never learn.

Very well -- here we go:

----- Link?

I win again. :rock:

Nah...you lose again muslime cock sucker.

Aaaaah...but it's a okay to force Christians to sell cakes to the gays.....how tolerant of you.
GFYS Pogo.

Again .... Link?

Nope. Guess not.
There they go again. They never learn.

:dig:

I'm not sure what to think of it, on one hand when you are in a muslim country you need to follow islamic law, they even forbid bibles and christian names, so the muslims here I dont want them to feel to comfortable with islamic law, but on the other hand there are the jews and they have kosher shops and they slaughter ritually too and they have stricter food laws then muslims, and no one complains about jews.

I'm fine with that but you have to even the playing field.
If muslimes can refuse to provide service so can the rest of us.

GFYS Pogo.

Again .... Link?

Nope. Guess not.
There they go again. They never learn.

:dig:

The OP is my link.
How about you explain how a store can be prejudice to one group yet another cant?

Forum List

Back