Gun Wisdom

Don't get out much do you? It has gotten so bad there a Dr. wishes to outlaw pointed kitchen knives.:lol::lol::lol: What a fool.

"One thing, though, seems clear enough. In February to April this year, the total number of recorded knife crime injuries for the whole of London went up from 941 to 1,070 compared with the previous three months. On Tuesday I reported that injured knife crime victims in the 13-24 aged group have increased by more than 30% during the period of Operation Blunt 2 and knife crimes of all kinds against the same age group by more than 20%. Whatever can be claimed in favour of Blunt 2, it cannot be said to have brought knife crime down. And if there's no clear link between more street searches and less knife crime, is the tactic really justified?"

As knife crime keeps rising in London, is stop and search really helping? | Politics | guardian.co.uk

Using knives as an offensive weapon is outlawed in the UK....

Using ANYTHING as an offensive weapon is outlawed in the UK. Doesn't seem to stop the bastards from stabbing, beating, cutting, bashing, shooting (on the rise now that guns have been outlawed), etc. etc. etc.

Australia is a great example of what happens in a disarmed country. Violent crime has risen 44% since guns were outlawed there. Here in the US a HOT burglery (in other words the burglar enters the home KNOWING there is a person inside) occurs 16% of the time. In Australia it is 85% of the time. The reason why this is important is HOT burglaries are most often associated with violent assaults on the inhabitants.

Feel free to look up the statistics from the NSW police reports. I have many friends within the NSW police and corrections departments and they describe it as a war zone.

I live in NSW - Sydney to be precise. Have no idea what you are talking about - no war zone here. A couple of dodgy suburbs for sure, but nothing major. Did you get the same info from where you got the info about the UK? I posted a link on that and notice you have ignored it. I wonder why

Hi Jillian,

This is the post I am referring too.

"You have the gun in the first place because you are scared. Without your gun you feel vulnerable. I do not own a gun, will never own a gun and never even think about having a gun. The only time guns are mentioned in my life are on chat boards with people from the US..

Different mind set and all.... "

hey there!

ok. we were referring to different comments. ;)

given i've been on a few of those chat boards with him, i think i can attest that americans are far more gun obsessed than people from other countries. the reasons for that? well, i don't know...

Probably history. As much as they have attempted to write the gun history out of the books it is there and unequivocal. The other difference is social. Americans have ALLWAYS been free (except for the abomination of slavery of course) whereas most of Europe had to go through a long period of wresting control away from the various royals who wanted to keep them under their foot.

Royalty only allowed them so much freedom so they are used to having their freedoms curtailed. Here in the US banning a music video is very rare (in fact I can't think of one that has been banned) in the UK it is fairly common. One of my favourite Police songs "Invisible Sun" is banned because of images of a little Irish boy tossing a rock at a British Army Saracen APC.

I can go on at length, but I think you get my basic hypothesis.

Invisible Sun was allegedly banned by the BBC. not other outlets...

hey there!

given i've been on a few of those chat boards with him, i think i can attest that americans are far more gun obsessed than people from other countries. the reasons for that? well, i don't know...

Probably history. As much as they have attempted to write the gun history out of the books it is there and unequivocal. The other difference is social. Americans have ALLWAYS been free (except for the abomination of slavery of course) whereas most of Europe had to go through a long period of wresting control away from the various royals who wanted to keep them under their foot.

Royalty only allowed them so much freedom so they are used to having their freedoms curtailed. Here in the US banning a music video is very rare (in fact I can't think of one that has been banned) in the UK it is fairly common. One of my favourite Police songs "Invisible Sun" is banned because of images of a little Irish boy tossing a rock at a British Army Saracen APC.

The bottom line though, Grump, is that WE live in America, and YOU do not. Therefore you have exactly ZERO standing to tell us what our laws should be, just as I have exactly ZERO standing to tell you what the law should be where you live. Same goes for telling us what ideology YOU think should govern OUR country. You've had your say; my response, is that I do not give a rat's rear end what you think, and that I see no reason to do so.

Well, whatever…

Millions in America own guns having nothing to do with fear or self-defense.

Many enjoy skeet shooting, trap, and sporting clays, along with range targets and collecting.

About once a month I play hooky and spend a morning at the range shooting targets, it’s much the same as a round of golf.

And what happened to the police involved in those incidents?

And what happen to the people after the cops killed them?:cuckoo:
Who gives a rats ass about what happen to the cops they are alive and the people they killed are dead no matter how hard you try the dead are gone and the cops are alive.

Last edited:
Jones is the officer accused of slamming Richard McVicker to the ground after a traffic collision involving the officer’s mother. Jones first court appearance was today in court, but his lawyer, George Laughrun, showed up on his behalf.

About a year ago, the Charlotte Observer requested detailed information about suspensions from the city and the police department. A new state law had made public for the first time information about a public employee’s suspensions, demotions, and dismissals.

The list we received from the city had hundreds of suspensions on them, most for small amounts of time. But a few officers, like Jones, had multiple suspensions or suspensions of a week or more.

Crime & Punishment: Officer charged with assault had been suspended for 6 weeks

The above has what to do with guns? What is your point?

The drunk guy who got slammed should have had a firearm and shot the cop?
Ah, I don't think so.

That some cops act like ass hats? Yuppers....And?

It show abuse of police powers and how they cover it up. Who said the guy who slammed into the car of the cops mother was drunk?

Using ANYTHING as an offensive weapon is outlawed in the UK. Doesn't seem to stop the bastards from stabbing, beating, cutting, bashing, shooting (on the rise now that guns have been outlawed), etc. etc. etc.

Australia is a great example of what happens in a disarmed country. Violent crime has risen 44% since guns were outlawed there. Here in the US a HOT burglery (in other words the burglar enters the home KNOWING there is a person inside) occurs 16% of the time. In Australia it is 85% of the time. The reason why this is important is HOT burglaries are most often associated with violent assaults on the inhabitants.

Feel free to look up the statistics from the NSW police reports. I have many friends within the NSW police and corrections departments and they describe it as a war zone.

I live in NSW - Sydney to be precise. Have no idea what you are talking about - no war zone here. A couple of dodgy suburbs for sure, but nothing major. Did you get the same info from where you got the info about the UK? I posted a link on that and notice you have ignored it. I wonder why

Don't get out much do you skippy...

"You get a spate of them and over the last 12 months we've seen a 20 per cent increase in the number of cases where there's been a discharge of a firearm in a premises, a drive-by shooting if you like," Dr Weatherburn said.

Statistics confirm spike in Sydney gun crime - Yahoo!7

hey there!

At the time it was banned what were the other outlets?

It was also not findable in New Zealand where I was living at the time, nor could I see it when I visited my mates in Melbourne, Yorktown, or Broken Hill. Nowadays I'll grant you that it can be seen anywhere thanks to the internet and the new media sources, but when it first came out there wasn't much alternative media. New Zealand had two channels on the telly and they switched off at 10pm. We rarely watched the telly when I was in Oz as there frankly wasn't much worth watching and we were to busy doing other things anyway!

That report has been going around the U.S. for years now, but I've never been able to confirm it online. Thanks for letting us know that, as I suspected, it's nothing more than people parroting something they read and, since it fit their bias, never checking the source.

That report has been going around the U.S. for years now, but I've never been able to confirm it online. Thanks for letting us know that, as I suspected, it's nothing more than people parroting something they read and, since it fit their bias, never checking the source.

Guess what you are parroting something you just read. From an anti gun nut.

At least I have a source. What's yours? PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Well, konny IS a parrot. I don't think he's ever had an original thought in his life.

"You get a spate of them and over the last 12 months we've seen a 20 per cent increase in the number of cases where there's been a discharge of a firearm in a premises, a drive-by shooting if you like," Dr Weatherburn said.

You're hanging your hat on a "recent spike"?!?! That story about increases in gun crimes has been around since the 90s. I'm afraid a single news article doesn't suffice as a source for what we're discussing.

Well, konny IS a parrot. I don't think he's ever had an original thought in his life.

What's your source for your contention? Are you trying to distract us with trivia again, hoping we'll forget you still haven't cited what otherwise can only be considered bogus statistics? :doubt:

You're hanging your hat on a "recent spike"?!?! That story about increases in gun crimes has been around since the 90s. I'm afraid a single news article doesn't suffice as a source for what we're discussing.

Go back and look at what happened to the crime statistics when guns were outlawed in Australia then you can get back to us. Yes gun crimes dipped for a short time after the ban. Then, they began an inexorable rise that continues with cyclic dips to this day.

Here is a beginning for you.

4510.0 - Recorded Crime, Australia, 2001

At least I have a source. What's yours? PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Your source is an anti gun nutter. and that is supposed to means something to me?

Go back and look at what happened to the crime statistics when guns were outlawed in Australia then you can get back to us. Yes gun crimes dipped for a short time after the ban. Then, they began an inexorable rise that continues with cyclic dips to this day.

From your cite, hmmm....

The proportion of robberies where a weapon was used in 2001 (42%) is similar to the 1993 figure, when this series commenced. The use of firearms has declined as a proportion of all robberies (down from 16% to 6%). In 3.5% of cases, a syringe was used.

From your cite, hmmm....

The proportion of robberies where a weapon was used in 2001 (42%) is similar to the 1993 figure, when this series commenced. The use of firearms has declined as a proportion of all robberies (down from 16% to 6%). In 3.5% of cases, a syringe was used.

And do you see where I acknowledged the immediate dip? And then if you look further you'll see that gun violence has been on a steady climb...did you see that yet? In a country supposedly DEVOID of guns.

The bottom line though, Grump, is that WE live in America, and YOU do not. Therefore you have exactly ZERO standing to tell us what our laws should be, just as I have exactly ZERO standing to tell you what the law should be where you live. Same goes for telling us what ideology YOU think should govern OUR country. You've had your say; my response, is that I do not give a rat's rear end what you think, and that I see no reason to do so.

Bottom line is I don't really give a shit what YOU think. This is a messageboard and I'll say what I like.

As for who should govern your country I'm sure those in Iraq, Afghanistan, Japan, Germany, South Korea, Saudi Arabia (have I missed any countries that have your military bases in it?) feel pretty similar, as do those Central and South American govts in the 70s and 80s that were undermined by yours...

Last edited:
And what happened to the police involved in those incidents?

And what happen to the people after the cops killed them?:cuckoo:
Who gives a rats ass about what happen to the cops they are alive and the people they killed are dead no matter how hard you try the dead are gone and the cops are alive.

As I said it's all in context...you aren't giving any..shrug..

Forum List

Back