Gun Wisdom

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by CMike, Dec 6, 2011.

1. CMike

CMike Zionist, proud to be

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,408
    This is from an email that I received.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.

Never let someone or thing that threatens you get inside arm’s length and never say "I’ve got a gun". If you feel you need to use deadly force for heaven’s sake let the "first sound they hear be the safety clicking off", and they shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.

'The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes… the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is a drill instructor (Thunder Ranch is a firearms training facility in Oregon ). Here are a few of his observations on tactics, firearms, self-defense and life as we know it in the civilized world.

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way.."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."

"If you're not shooting', you should be loading'. If you're not loading', you should be moving', if you're not moving', someone's going to cut your head off and put it on a stick."

"When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel or the tooth fairy... and you're going to be one of 'em pretty soon."

"Do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else becomes available."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid.. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?"

"Don't shoot fast, unless you also shoot good."

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems.. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family."

"Thunder Ranch will be here as long as you'll have us or until someone makes us go away, and either way, it will be exciting."

More Excellent Gun Wisdom…

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware of the woman who only has one gun, because she probably knows how to use it very well.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." - Thomas Jefferson.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,759
    I do not aim with my hand;
    He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand;
    He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
    I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun;
    He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
    I kill with my heart.

Stephen King, The Dark Tower Vol III: The Waste Lands

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,971

Bless you son. I can do everything. And glad I can. From percussion to bow I am so glad we are here and not in some euro crazy country.

I'm so thankful that I am here and at the best of days I am cocked, locked and ready to rock.

And there are sons like you out there. Hold steady. I think we have a time ahead of us. But its good to know you are out there.

4. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,228
    ah, america and its love of guns. Aint it just cute!

5. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,971
    Only to add:

I've got a bead on you.

My personal take on life. :D Hey I lived in a trailer park in Tennessee.I learned some lessons there. Back off baby! Keeeeeeding.

6. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,971
    Actually I'll take a gun over a man anytime. It's the way he pushes against my right shoulder when I aim.

It's the way he smells whether I'm doing powder or reg. I just love the way he smells. And I adore how he feels so heavy when I just want to hold him. And when we can't get a buck he comes home with me and I can still love him.

Yeah, I'll take a gun over a man. On the other hand I love men. Life is just that way.

7. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,734
    "Holding a gun makes you feel like God must feel like when he holds a gun."

Homer

8. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,719
    Good stuff. Must have learned it at Hog Leg University...

9. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,971
    What a lie. Homer was not alive at the time of guns.

Why do you have to be such a liar?

10. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    Nice Mike. Here is one a buddy sent me.

PEOPLE ASK WHY?
    Why Carry a Gun?

My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and
    Usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
    I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
    I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
    I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
    I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
    I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
    I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
    I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
    I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
    I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron.
    Free citizens must protect themselves.
    Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'.....author unknown (but obviously brilliant)