Gun Wisdom

Jones is the officer accused of slamming Richard McVicker to the ground after a traffic collision involving the officer’s mother. Jones first court appearance was today in court, but his lawyer, George Laughrun, showed up on his behalf.

About a year ago, the Charlotte Observer requested detailed information about suspensions from the city and the police department. A new state law had made public for the first time information about a public employee’s suspensions, demotions, and dismissals.

The list we received from the city had hundreds of suspensions on them, most for small amounts of time. But a few officers, like Jones, had multiple suspensions or suspensions of a week or more.

Crime & Punishment: Officer charged with assault had been suspended for 6 weeks

Cops kill unarmed people in America.
1 in 3 police shootings involve unarmed people
Law enforcement experts: More officer training, use of alternate weapons would reduce numbers. Other cities have adopted stricter standards.

One in three police shootings involve unarmed people - Houston Chronicle

It's all about context though, isn't it. Are these police just shooting random unarmed people? Or is it in the execution of their duty? Are these people being caught in crossfire? Did the police think they were armed?

Your superfluous answer and asinine link mean Jack Shit in the context to what you are trying to say/prove...shrug...

They did it in New Orleans.

Oakland to.

It's all about context though, isn't it. Are these police just shooting random unarmed people? Or is it in the execution of their duty? Are these people being caught in crossfire? Did the police think they were armed?

Your superfluous answer and asinine link mean Jack Shit in the context to what you are trying to say/prove...shrug...

They did it in New Orleans.

Oakland to.

Yes they did.

Jones is the officer accused of slamming Richard McVicker to the ground after a traffic collision involving the officer’s mother. Jones first court appearance was today in court, but his lawyer, George Laughrun, showed up on his behalf.

About a year ago, the Charlotte Observer requested detailed information about suspensions from the city and the police department. A new state law had made public for the first time information about a public employee’s suspensions, demotions, and dismissals.

The list we received from the city had hundreds of suspensions on them, most for small amounts of time. But a few officers, like Jones, had multiple suspensions or suspensions of a week or more.

Crime & Punishment: Officer charged with assault had been suspended for 6 weeks

The above has what to do with guns? What is your point?

The drunk guy who got slammed should have had a firearm and shot the cop?
Ah, I don't think so.

That some cops act like ass hats? Yuppers....And?

Last edited:
It is? Links....

Don't get out much do you? It has gotten so bad there a Dr. wishes to outlaw pointed kitchen knives.:lol::lol::lol: What a fool.

"One thing, though, seems clear enough. In February to April this year, the total number of recorded knife crime injuries for the whole of London went up from 941 to 1,070 compared with the previous three months. On Tuesday I reported that injured knife crime victims in the 13-24 aged group have increased by more than 30% during the period of Operation Blunt 2 and knife crimes of all kinds against the same age group by more than 20%. Whatever can be claimed in favour of Blunt 2, it cannot be said to have brought knife crime down. And if there's no clear link between more street searches and less knife crime, is the tactic really justified?"

As knife crime keeps rising in London, is stop and search really helping? | Politics | guardian.co.uk

Using knives as an offensive weapon is outlawed in the UK....

Using ANYTHING as an offensive weapon is outlawed in the UK. Doesn't seem to stop the bastards from stabbing, beating, cutting, bashing, shooting (on the rise now that guns have been outlawed), etc. etc. etc.

Australia is a great example of what happens in a disarmed country. Violent crime has risen 44% since guns were outlawed there. Here in the US a HOT burglery (in other words the burglar enters the home KNOWING there is a person inside) occurs 16% of the time. In Australia it is 85% of the time. The reason why this is important is HOT burglaries are most often associated with violent assaults on the inhabitants.

Feel free to look up the statistics from the NSW police reports. I have many friends within the NSW police and corrections departments and they describe it as a war zone.

I've always thought if you own a gun, you're scared...shrug...
That's what you get for thinking. :lol:

What's to be scared of if you have a gun?

You have the gun in the first place because you are scared. Without your gun you feel vulnerable. I do not own a gun, will never own a gun and never even think about having a gun. The only time guns are mentioned in my life are on chat boards with people from the US..

Different mind set and all....

No, I don't but thanks for trying to describe my feelings to me. Do you have a PhD in psychology to back up your diagnosis? My wife does and she would laugh at you, just so you know. I own several guns, I shoot them more than occasionally, I have never carried a gun (though I am licensed to do so, be prepared and all that) have never had the occasion to shoot at someone here in the US, though was involved in a hell of a firefight with some Moroccan bandits a bunch of years ago, and hope to never have to.

However, in the event of a major disaster, when no help from the authorities is available, my family will be fine. I can't say the same for folks like you.

is that what he said?

Yes, that was his diagnosis of all gun owners. We're frightened to death of the big bad whatever and without our guns we are un-manned.

cracker claimed he was going to "have to stop carrying".

that was never implied or stated by grump

Hi Jillian,

This is the post I am referring too.

"You have the gun in the first place because you are scared. Without your gun you feel vulnerable. I do not own a gun, will never own a gun and never even think about having a gun. The only time guns are mentioned in my life are on chat boards with people from the US..

Different mind set and all.... "

Yes, that was his diagnosis of all gun owners. We're frightened to death of the big bad whatever and without our guns we are un-manned.

Hi Jillian,

"You have the gun in the first place because you are scared. Without your gun you feel vulnerable. I do not own a gun, will never own a gun and never even think about having a gun. The only time guns are mentioned in my life are on chat boards with people from the US..

hey there!

ok. we were referring to different comments. ;)

given i've been on a few of those chat boards with him, i think i can attest that americans are far more gun obsessed than people from other countries. the reasons for that? well, i don't know...

So what exactly was implied or stated?

It's like a bunch of fucking mind readers in here ...

well, in your case, when you feel the need to put "come take it" as your signature line, it doesn't really take a mind reader.

just saying.

well, in your case, when you feel the need to put "come take it" as your signature line, it doesn't really take a mind reader.

just saying.
So you can discern the meaning of his post by looking at my signature?

Okay. :cuckoo:

Hi Jillian,

hey there!

given i've been on a few of those chat boards with him, i think i can attest that americans are far more gun obsessed than people from other countries. the reasons for that? well, i don't know...

The biggest reason is our culture. All of our heroes from the past were armed men. Well, most were anyway. This is not so bad, and really, its quite safe when you consider all the guns stuffed in the pants of Joe and Jane citizen out there and the great lack of running gun battles between armed civilians. Civilian gun ownership is illegal in Mexico, yet civilians are involved daily in running gun battles with the police. I dont think we are gun obsessed so much as gun acclimated through our history and entertainment.

Hi Jillian,

hey there!

Probably history. As much as they have attempted to write the gun history out of the books it is there and unequivocal. The other difference is social. Americans have ALLWAYS been free (except for the abomination of slavery of course) whereas most of Europe had to go through a long period of wresting control away from the various royals who wanted to keep them under their foot.

Royalty only allowed them so much freedom so they are used to having their freedoms curtailed. Here in the US banning a music video is very rare (in fact I can't think of one that has been banned) in the UK it is fairly common. One of my favourite Police songs "Invisible Sun" is banned because of images of a little Irish boy tossing a rock at a British Army Saracen APC.

I can go on at length, but I think you get my basic hypothesis.

just saying.
So you can discern the meaning of his post by looking at my signature?

Okay. :cuckoo:

Not his, but you can discern a basic mindset by what people have as their sigs. I think that is what Jillian was referring to.

[...]

The reason is clearly reflected in our history as an independent nation. Without guns that status could not have happened.

Forum List

Back