Gun nuts intimidate mothers in parking lot

It depends. In this case yes.

I support 2nd amendment rights just as much as you do, but I'm also honest enough to call a spade a spade. This was a completely assholish stunt. Wipe the bias from your eyes and maybe you'll let a little truth shine through.

The crux of the gun control debate for those hard core grabbers is that regular citizens cannot be trusted to posses firearms in public, or even in private. They keep claiming that there is a risk to non government agents being armed, and that things like this only result in gun fights and death and violence all over the place.

Doing this shows the hyperbole of the controller position. I wish more people would do this. There was not a single threatening move made by these people towards the group having the meeting, unless a person is so scared of guns that the mere presence of one puts them into fits, but in that case shoulnt the police also scare these people?

I get it. You support their cause so you give their assholery a pass.

That doesn't make you special, it makes you like most people.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

If they would have done anything even remotely intimidating, they would be assholes, but showing up with thier firearms legally and lawfully, not entering the business in question, and posing for a picture is not being assholes.

If it wasn't MEANT to intimidate this group of mothers as you all are saying, and just set up for a photo op. of gun toting owners, then why did this group of gun owners do it there in the restaurant parking lot, during the assembly of these mothers?

I have no problem with open carry, it's legal here in Maine and we have no real issues.

I do have a problem with this group of armed citizens trying to intimidate this group of women's meeting....I see this as trampling on their rights by this PLANNED LOADED GUN INTIMIDATION.....BY this open carry group....

May not be against the law, but armed intimidation NONE THE LESS....and that's just not right, in my book.

How are you any different from Southern Women in the 30's who were intimidated by the mere presence of black men?

Your irrational fear does not equate to intimidation.

Wow, thats a pretty good one actually.

The crux of the gun control debate for those hard core grabbers is that regular citizens cannot be trusted to posses firearms in public, or even in private. They keep claiming that there is a risk to non government agents being armed, and that things like this only result in gun fights and death and violence all over the place.

Doing this shows the hyperbole of the controller position. I wish more people would do this. There was not a single threatening move made by these people towards the group having the meeting, unless a person is so scared of guns that the mere presence of one puts them into fits, but in that case shoulnt the police also scare these people?

If they would have done anything even remotely intimidating, they would be assholes, but showing up with thier firearms legally and lawfully, not entering the business in question, and posing for a picture is not being assholes.

Agree to disagree. :thup:

But I still support their right to be complete assholes, nevertheless.

Agree to disagree. :thup:

But I still support their right to be complete assholes, nevertheless.

Agree to agree to disagree.

So now exercising your right to prove a point in public is being an asshole?

It depends. In this case yes.

and trying to remove my rights is not being an asshole?

I support 2nd amendment rights just as much as you do, but I'm also honest enough to call a spade a spade. This was a completely assholish stunt. Wipe the bias from your eyes and maybe you'll let a little truth shine through.

As was pointed out in one of the links, they refused to meet and talk with the mothers. All they wanted was to scare people. And, in view of the daily gun death news articles, I'm sure they succeeded.

There are better ways of getting your point across. Better than appearing in a peaceful place and hauling out rifles.

BTW, this was in Texasss.

Naw, protest is the American way.

So is packing heat.

While acknowledging your expertise at being an asshole, no one accepts your definition of "assholery" here.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

While acknowledging your ability to speak ignorantly for yourself, I do not accept that you speak for anyone else.

While acknowledging your expertise at being an asshole, no one accepts your definition of "assholery" here.

While acknowledging your ability to speak ignorantly for yourself, I do not accept that you speak for anyone else.

Lefty logic;

THIS is "assholery"

think-progress-guns.jpg

But posting a fraudulent side angle is legitimate journalism....

think-progress-guns-1.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/u...escalating-battle-over-texas-gun-culture.html

“I was terrified,” said the woman who helped coordinate the meeting and who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she said she feared for her safety. “They didn’t want to talk. They wanted to display force.”

The armed group of men, women and children was made up of members of a gun rights organization called Open Carry Texas, and they stayed in the parking lot about 10 or 15 minutes to protest the Moms Demand Action meeting and then left.

40 Armed Gun Advocates Intimidate Mothers Against Gun Violence In A Restaurant Parking Lot | ThinkProgress

According to a spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action (MDA), the moms were inside the Blue Mesa Grill when members of Open Carry Texas (OCT) — an open carry advocacy group — “pull[ed] up in the parking lot and start[ed] getting guns out of their trunks.” The group then waited in the parking lot for the four MDA members to come out. The spokeswoman said that the restaurant manager did not want to call 911, for fear of “inciting a riot” and waited for the gun advocates to leave. The group moved to a nearby Hooters after approximately two hours.

MDA later released a statement calling OCT “gun bullies” who “disagree[d] with our goal of changing America’s gun laws and policies to protect our children and families.” The statement added that the members and restaurant customers were “terrified by what appeared to be an armed ambush.” A member of OCT responded by tweeting, “I guess I’m a #gunbullies #Comeandtakeit.”

Open Carry Advocates Stand Outside Moms Against Gun Violence Meeting: Tell Us if You Think They Went Too Far | TheBlaze.com

open-carry-texas.jpg

Armed protesters rattle Texas moms' gun-control meeting

Police monitored the incident at the Blue Mesa Grill in Arlington, Texas, but took no action because it is legal to carry long guns openly in Texas.

"We are aware that a group did gather in a shopping area in Arlington Saturday," Tiara Ellis Richard of the Arlington Police office of communication said in an e-mail to USA TODAY. "Officers were notified and arrived at the location. There were no issues that we are aware of, and no arrests occurred."

A ticking time bomb.

Oh Gawd........of course the most pronounced limpwrister on the whole board is going to post up this stupid thread.

s0n.....guns aren't going anywhere!!:lol::lol:

God bless America!!!

I want to make this crystal clear. I am a gun owner. I have always owned guns and I will ALWAYS own guns. I also have a concealed carry license which, in the state of Oklahoma, allows me to open carry in public as well. I ALWAYS carry a weapon in what ever vehicle I am driving and it is usually one of the several automatic handguns that I own. Should you catch me in my truck, you will find a .308 Winchester with a bull-barrel and a 10X Leopold scope, a .223 M-4 with a 4X scope and tactical light, a 12-gauge Remington tactical with light and a 45 caliber Colt Double Eagle. I should tell you that there is also several hundred rounds of ammunition and a knife with a 5 inch blade that was custom made for me by a man in Arkansas.

The last time I used one of those weapons, I had a calf that was being chased down by six dogs. Those dogs were dropped off near my ranch by some body who didn't want them anymore. They get into a pack and chase calves down to eat them. That Winchester .308 makes short work of a stray German Shepherd or Labrador. I used the M-4 several months ago when a car full of meth heads thought my driveway would be a good place to stop and smoke. They were all nicely laid out on the ground when the sheriff got there 44 minutes AFTER I called them.

You can piss and moan all day long and scream to your messiah from Washington that these guns need to be outlawed. But I have said it before and I will say it again, you aren't going to take squat away from me. I don't care what happens in Washington, what laws you pass or how loud you screech and whine. Some of us WILL NOT COMPLY.

Oh, by the way. Wannemacher's gun show (the largest in the world) just occurred here in Tulsa last week end. There were over 4,500 exhibitors from around the world. The attendance was the most ever. It was a great event and I went both days. I went with two Federal Marshal's who come out to the ranch to hunt. They traded some weapons there and bought some ammunition.

Get a freakin life. Your thread premise was a complete and total lie and your arguements don't wash.

Last edited:
If it wasn't MEANT to intimidate this group of mothers as you all are saying, and just set up for a photo op. of gun toting owners, then why did this group of gun owners do it there in the restaurant parking lot, during the assembly of these mothers?

I have no problem with open carry, it's legal here in Maine and we have no real issues.

I do have a problem with this group of armed citizens trying to intimidate this group of women's meeting....I see this as trampling on their rights by this PLANNED LOADED GUN INTIMIDATION.....BY this open carry group....

May not be against the law, but armed intimidation NONE THE LESS....and that's just not right, in my book.

If the mothers weren't there to intimidate the gun owners, why did they hold their meeting in the same place that the gun owners gathered to get a group photograph?

It may not be illegal, but intimidation is intimidation, and it is just not right, in my book.

Sounds silly, doesn't it?

They weren't trying to intimidate them, any more than the *mothers* were attempting to intimidate anyone. They were gathering to show that there are a lot of respectable citizens who carry their weapons safely, and who will continue to carry their weapons safely, as is their right.
Then maybe the open carry group of supporters could have told these mothers exactly that, but they didn't, did they? How hard would it have been to explain their 'benevolent' plans in a note to these women ....leaving it with the restaurant owner?

Your made up ''story'' of what they were doing holds no water imo KG....

They did explain it, after the mothers escalated the situation.

Lefty logic;

THIS is "assholery"

think-progress-guns.jpg

But posting a fraudulent side angle is legitimate journalism....

think-progress-guns-1.jpg

I see I forgot how to count, again. Even if I count the kids I only get 20 people out there. Maybe I need new glasses.

I have no problem with people spreading their message, I do have a problem with people trying to disrupt the beliefs of others while they are doing so.

I'm sure [MENTION=45779]lakeview[/MENTION] will be along eventually to condemn Open Carry Texas for disrupting MDA's attempt to spread their message.

Thanks for the mention, I probably wouldn't have bothered to read this thread otherwise.

Come on marty, they were being assholes, plain and simple.

Just because something is within one's rights doesn't make it right.

I agree with you 100%. The only reason the Open Carry folks showed up where they did when they did was to screw with another groups meeting.

I maintain they were educating the nitwit mothers, that what they have heard from their commie hippie friends, regarding people who carry, is complete fabrication.

I'm not sure I used enough commas in that. I can go back and add more, if needed.

Forum List

Back