Gun nuts intimidate mothers in parking lot

Then maybe the open carry group of supporters could have told these mothers exactly that, but they didn't, did they? How hard would it have been to explain their 'benevolent' plans in a note to these women with the restaurant owner?

Your made up ''story'' of what they were doing holds no water imo KG....

Yes, because all groups that are there soley to intimidate people line up for a group photograph.
Marty, you're a smart guy....

What purpose did this armed group gathering there serve? Are you seriously saying that they gathered in this specific parking lot for merely a photo op session?

See my post below. If gun control people keep spouting off that guns are dangerous no matter what, why shouldnt people who support gun rights show them this is not the case?

Come on marty, they were being assholes, plain and simple.

Just because something is within one's rights doesn't make it right.

They weren't trying to intimidate them, any more than the *mothers* were attempting to intimidate anyone. They were gathering to show that there are a lot of respectable citizens who carry their weapons safely, and who will continue to carry their weapons safely, as is their right.
Then maybe the open carry group of supporters could have told these mothers exactly that, but they didn't, did they? How hard would it have been to explain their 'benevolent' plans in a note to these women with the restaurant owner?

Yeah, because protesters always send polite little notes to the people they're protesting against.

Lol. Grow up, loon.
Why not? Why not tell them that they are not there to intimidate the mothers, but to show the mothers that people like them, who are open carry advocates are just law abiding, benevolent citizens?

Because it's ridiculous. They weren't intimidating anybody, the mothers were taking pics of them.

There's nothing more nauseating than women who use their children to score political points, and who pretend to be frightened in order to get their way.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
Even more laughable...most likely every one of these "mothers"...and Care as well..are staunch advocates for no-questions asked abortion/infanticide for all. Funny how the only children you are interested in "protecting" are the ones that are already being protected..an the way you want to *protect* them is to remove that protection from them.

Makes it easier to euthanise at will, I suppose.

Last edited:
Come on marty, they were being assholes, plain and simple.

Just because something is within one's rights doesn't make it right.

So now exercising your right to prove a point in public is being an asshole?

and trying to remove my rights is not being an asshole?

Yeah, because protesters always send polite little notes to the people they're protesting against.

Lol. Grow up, loon.
Why not? Why not tell them that they are not there to intimidate the mothers, but to show the mothers that people like them, who are open carry advocates are just law abiding, benevolent citizens?

They did.
They were holding up U.S. Flags and they had their children there and the guns were pointed down.

Even more laughable...most likely every one of these "mothers"...and Care as well..are staunch advocates for no-questions asked abortion/infanticide for all. Funny how the only children you are interested in "protecting" are the ones that are already being protected..an the way you want to *protect* them is to remove that protection from them.

Makes it easier to euthanise at will, I suppose.
keep on subject girl!

You are a crazy loon! Or have you been hitting the bottle already????

It depends. In this case yes.

I support 2nd amendment rights just as much as you do, but I'm also honest enough to call a spade a spade. This was a completely assholish stunt. Wipe the bias from your eyes and maybe you'll let a little truth shine through.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/u...escalating-battle-over-texas-gun-culture.html

“I was terrified,” said the woman who helped coordinate the meeting and who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she said she feared for her safety. “They didn’t want to talk. They wanted to display force.”

The armed group of men, women and children was made up of members of a gun rights organization called Open Carry Texas, and they stayed in the parking lot about 10 or 15 minutes to protest the Moms Demand Action meeting and then left.

40 Armed Gun Advocates Intimidate Mothers Against Gun Violence In A Restaurant Parking Lot | ThinkProgress

Open Carry Advocates Stand Outside Moms Against Gun Violence Meeting: Tell Us if You Think They Went Too Far | TheBlaze.com

open-carry-texas.jpg

Armed protesters rattle Texas moms' gun-control meeting

Police monitored the incident at the Blue Mesa Grill in Arlington, Texas, but took no action because it is legal to carry long guns openly in Texas.

"We are aware that a group did gather in a shopping area in Arlington Saturday," Tiara Ellis Richard of the Arlington Police office of communication said in an e-mail to USA TODAY. "Officers were notified and arrived at the location. There were no issues that we are aware of, and no arrests occurred."

A ticking time bomb.

Seriously Luddy, are you on a paid anti-gun rights campaign? you must start about 6 threads a day on this topic!

Ya know, lying doesn't really help your agenda.

I support 2nd amendment rights just as much as you do, but I'm also honest enough to call a spade a spade. This was a completely assholish stunt. Wipe the bias from your eyes and maybe you'll let a little truth shine through.

The crux of the gun control debate for those hard core grabbers is that regular citizens cannot be trusted to posses firearms in public, or even in private. They keep claiming that there is a risk to non government agents being armed, and that things like this only result in gun fights and death and violence all over the place.

Doing this shows the hyperbole of the controller position. I wish more people would do this. There was not a single threatening move made by these people towards the group having the meeting, unless a person is so scared of guns that the mere presence of one puts them into fits, but in that case shoulnt the police also scare these people?

As was pointed out in one of the links, they refused to meet and talk with the mothers. All they wanted was to scare people. And, in view of the daily gun death news articles, I'm sure they succeeded.

There are better ways of getting your point across. Better than appearing in a peaceful place and hauling out rifles.

BTW, this was in Texasss.

They are against Constitutional rights and should have expected to be confronted. If they were protesting illegal immigration, there would be thousands of illegal aliens packing the place in opposition. If the anti gun nuts didn't want to be confronted, they should not have been there.

Here's that name you demanded and have since, very studiously, ignored.

Muhammad Nabil Mustaqim Rodzake

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean...uld-transgender-people-use-2.html#post8135496

As was pointed out in one of the links, they refused to meet and talk with the mothers. All they wanted was to scare people. And, in view of the daily gun death news articles, I'm sure they succeeded.

There are better ways of getting your point across. Better than appearing in a peaceful place and hauling out rifles.

BTW, this was in Texasss.

yeah, where does it state that?

From one of the articles, however, there is this:

“The president of Open Carry Texas, CJ Grisham, is issuing an open invite and challenge to MDA President Shannon Watts to debate the issue of ‘gun sense’ (gun control) versus gun rights (supporting the Constitution). Since we are issuing the challenge, Shannon may pick anywhere in the State of Texas to hold the event and OCT will pay for the venue.

“We will also accept the Texas Chapter President of MDA if Shannon doesn’t feel intelligent or confident enough to handle an open debate. OCT will NOT be open carry at the event so MDA can feel safe and secure in its ignorance and false sense of safety. Shannon may email her response CJ directly from her official email to [email protected]. The ball is in your court,” the group wrote

Just keep lying luddy.

If it wasn't MEANT to intimidate this group of mothers as you all are saying, and just set up for a photo op. of gun toting owners, then why did this group of gun owners do it there in the restaurant parking lot, during the assembly of these mothers?

I have no problem with open carry, it's legal here in Maine and we have no real issues.

I do have a problem with this group of armed citizens trying to intimidate this group of women's meeting....I see this as trampling on their rights by this PLANNED LOADED GUN INTIMIDATION.....BY this open carry group....

May not be against the law, but armed intimidation NONE THE LESS....and that's just not right, in my book.

How are you any different from Southern Women in the 30's who were intimidated by the mere presence of black men?

Your irrational fear does not equate to intimidation.

The crux of the gun control debate for those hard core grabbers is that regular citizens cannot be trusted to posses firearms in public, or even in private. They keep claiming that there is a risk to non government agents being armed, and that things like this only result in gun fights and death and violence all over the place.

Doing this shows the hyperbole of the controller position. I wish more people would do this. There was not a single threatening move made by these people towards the group having the meeting, unless a person is so scared of guns that the mere presence of one puts them into fits, but in that case shoulnt the police also scare these people?

I get it. You support their cause so you give their assholery a pass.

That doesn't make you special, it makes you like most people.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Law abiding citizens peacefully exercising their rights are not "threatening".

Those that are "threatened" by law abiding people peacefully exercising their rights are the ones to be concerned about as they will want to take away your rights rather than allow you to exercise them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back