Gun nuts intimidate mothers in parking lot

And, if "you" were driving to that restaurant and saw that point of view from the street?

The nutters will lie but most people would not want to park in that lot.

No matter what your pov is, yours aren't the only rights in question.

because of course, a gang intent on committing crimes is going to pose for a group picture in the parking lot.

You fell for a photo trick, and you just can't admit it. Man up or shut up you pussy.

Point taken but that does not change the fact that people have the right to being safe from armed gangs - no matter what their stated purpose is.

I would not knowingly sit in a restaurant with these people.

But, just like the rw hysteria over which bathroom transgender people are using, its very likely that I have been in restaurants where people were armed and did not know it.

As usual, the nutters want to protect their own rights at the expense of other people's rights.

I'd say that parking lot was about the safest place in the nation from armed gang attack.

images

Point taken but that does not change the fact that people have the right to being safe from armed gangs - no matter what their stated purpose is.

I would not knowingly sit in a restaurant with these people.

But, just like the rw hysteria over which bathroom transgender people are using, its very likely that I have been in restaurants where people were armed and did not know it.

As usual, the nutters want to protect their own rights at the expense of other people's rights.

The police were there, and were kind enough not to ticket the hysterical women for a false 911 call. What more do you want?

Last edited:
And, if "you" were driving to that restaurant and saw that point of view from the street?

I might pull in and shake their hands, and ask them if they were staying long enough so that I could eat lunch in the sure knowledge that no one would be shooting up that restaurant.

Any other questions?

Good. Their intimidation was met with a higher level of intimidation. That's excellent. I'll intimidate anyone who tries to restrict my Constitutional rights.

:cuckoo:

Why do you fools insist on saying stupid crap like this?

This gang of heavily armed thugs in a parking lot outside a restaurant restricts other people's right to safety. Look at that photo.

The people who want to eat there as well as the owners of the restaurant and any passersby have the right to be safe from gangs of armed thugs.

OTOH, at least they have the gumption to open carry so people can choose to get to a safer place.

What's funny to me is that if they were all black, you hypocritical nutters would be screeching a different tune.

Exactly how was their safety "compromised?" The police were monitering the situation, no one was threatened verbally or physically, everyone on both sides of the issue were exercising their rights under the law.

Nothing in the picture, either this one chosen because it appears menacing or the other more benign photo, indicates these people are thugs, as you continuously refer to them...

Moms_Demand_Propaganda.jpg

Just because you don't like what they are doing doesn't make them "thugs."

As for your assertion that if they were Black...

I couldn't care less the color of their skin, just as long as they are legally able to own a firearm...

They are against Constitutional rights and should have expected to be confronted. If they were protesting illegal immigration, there would be thousands of illegal aliens packing the place in opposition. If the anti gun nuts didn't want to be confronted, they should not have been there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/u...escalating-battle-over-texas-gun-culture.html

“I was terrified,” said the woman who helped coordinate the meeting and who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she said she feared for her safety. “They didn’t want to talk. They wanted to display force.”

The armed group of men, women and children was made up of members of a gun rights organization called Open Carry Texas, and they stayed in the parking lot about 10 or 15 minutes to protest the Moms Demand Action meeting and then left.

40 Armed Gun Advocates Intimidate Mothers Against Gun Violence In A Restaurant Parking Lot | ThinkProgress

According to a spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action (MDA), the moms were inside the Blue Mesa Grill when members of Open Carry Texas (OCT) — an open carry advocacy group — “pull[ed] up in the parking lot and start[ed] getting guns out of their trunks.” The group then waited in the parking lot for the four MDA members to come out. The spokeswoman said that the restaurant manager did not want to call 911, for fear of “inciting a riot” and waited for the gun advocates to leave. The group moved to a nearby Hooters after approximately two hours.

MDA later released a statement calling OCT “gun bullies” who “disagree[d] with our goal of changing America’s gun laws and policies to protect our children and families.” The statement added that the members and restaurant customers were “terrified by what appeared to be an armed ambush.” A member of OCT responded by tweeting, “I guess I’m a #gunbullies #Comeandtakeit.”

Open Carry Advocates Stand Outside Moms Against Gun Violence Meeting: Tell Us if You Think They Went Too Far | TheBlaze.com

open-carry-texas.jpg

Armed protesters rattle Texas moms' gun-control meeting

Police monitored the incident at the Blue Mesa Grill in Arlington, Texas, but took no action because it is legal to carry long guns openly in Texas.

"We are aware that a group did gather in a shopping area in Arlington Saturday," Tiara Ellis Richard of the Arlington Police office of communication said in an e-mail to USA TODAY. "Officers were notified and arrived at the location. There were no issues that we are aware of, and no arrests occurred."

A ticking time bomb.

Seriously Luddy, are you on a paid anti-gun rights campaign? you must start about 6 threads a day on this topic!

If it wasn't MEANT to intimidate this group of mothers as you all are saying, and just set up for a photo op. of gun toting owners, then why did this group of gun owners do it there in the restaurant parking lot, during the assembly of these mothers?

I have no problem with open carry, it's legal here in Maine and we have no real issues.

I do have a problem with this group of armed citizens trying to intimidate this group of women's meeting....I see this as trampling on their rights by this PLANNED LOADED GUN INTIMIDATION.....BY this open carry group....

May not be against the law, but armed intimidation NONE THE LESS....and that's just not right, in my book.

Just because you're scared of firearms doesn't mean someone was trying to intimidate you. But, throw in ANOTHER CAPS WORD to drive the point home.

They weren't trying to intimidate them, any more than the *mothers* were attempting to intimidate anyone. They were gathering to show that there are a lot of respectable citizens who carry their weapons safely, and who will continue to carry their weapons safely, as is their right.

I completely support the right of citizens to show their arms whenever they feel their constitutional rights are threatened.

That is, after all, why we have the right to bear arms.

In Texas?? :lol:...I wouldnt think anything of it.
Water doesnt run down my leg at the sight of a gun. Or anyone else's in Texas for that matter...unless they're yankee transplants.

They weren't trying to intimidate them, any more than the *mothers* were attempting to intimidate anyone. They were gathering to show that there are a lot of respectable citizens who carry their weapons safely, and who will continue to carry their weapons safely, as is their right.
Then maybe the open carry group of supporters could have told these mothers exactly that, but they didn't, did they? How hard would it have been to explain their 'benevolent' plans in a note to these women ....leaving it with the restaurant owner?

Your made up ''story'' of what they were doing holds no water imo KG....

Last edited:
Unless it's a thug in a bandana brandishing a weapon at the counter, I feel infinitely safer when I know there's someone legally packing in my vicinity.

Then maybe the open carry group of supporters could have told these mothers exactly that, but they didn't, did they? How hard would it have been to explain their 'benevolent' plans in a note to these women with the restaurant owner?

Yeah, because protesters always send polite little notes to the people they're protesting against.

Lol. Grow up, loon.

Then maybe the open carry group of supporters could have told these mothers exactly that, but they didn't, did they? How hard would it have been to explain their 'benevolent' plans in a note to these women with the restaurant owner?

Yes, because all groups that are there soley to intimidate people line up for a group photograph.

Yes, because all groups that are there soley to intimidate people line up for a group photograph.
Marty, you're a smart guy....

What purpose did this armed group gathering there serve? Are you seriously saying that they gathered in this specific parking lot for merely a photo op session?

If it wasn't MEANT to intimidate this group of mothers as you all are saying, and just set up for a photo op. of gun toting owners, then why did this group of gun owners do it there in the restaurant parking lot, during the assembly of these mothers?

I have no problem with open carry, it's legal here in Maine and we have no real issues.

I do have a problem with this group of armed citizens trying to intimidate this group of women's meeting....I see this as trampling on their rights by this PLANNED LOADED GUN INTIMIDATION.....BY this open carry group....

May not be against the law, but armed intimidation NONE THE LESS....and that's just not right, in my book.

They are proving the point that there is no threat from a bunch of law abiding citizens openly armed, despite the position of said gun control group.

They did not point said weapons in the direction of the meeting, they did not brandish the weapons in a threatening manner. They took a group photo and showed that people can be armed and the wild west will not break out.

According to gun control activists, someone should have been shot, or some violence should have broken out, because, you know, guns are eeeeevuuulll.

Forum List

Back