Gun nuts intimidate mothers in parking lot

Point taken but that does not change the fact that people have the right to being safe from armed gangs - no matter what their stated purpose is.

I would not knowingly sit in a restaurant with these people.

But, just like the rw hysteria over which bathroom transgender people are using, its very likely that I have been in restaurants where people were armed and did not know it.

As usual, the nutters want to protect their own rights at the expense of other people's rights.

Your terror of inanimate objects is between you and your shrink.

Good. Their intimidation was met with a higher level of intimidation. That's excellent. I'll intimidate anyone who tries to restrict my Constitutional rights.

Piss off. They were scared. They have a right to protest, and you gun nutters shouldn't be intimidating them into staying quiet.

And, if "you" were driving to that restaurant and saw that point of view from the street?

The nutters will lie but most people would not want to park in that lot.

No matter what your pov is, yours aren't the only rights in question.

I would probably wave as I went by. Wouldn't park there, but only because I don't want to screw up the photographer's shot.

And, if "you" were driving to that restaurant and saw that point of view from the street?

In Texas?? :lol:...I wouldnt think anything of it.
Water doesnt run down my leg at the sight of a gun. Or anyone else's in Texas for that matter...unless they're yankee transplants.

Hey, not ALL of us are terrified of guns! Nobody bats an eye at a dude open carrying in New Hampshire, either. (Well, in warm weather, anyway.)

Good. Their intimidation was met with a higher level of intimidation. That's excellent. I'll intimidate anyone who tries to restrict my Constitutional rights.

Piss off. They were scared. They have a right to protest, and you gun nutters shouldn't be intimidating them into staying quiet.

They aren't being quiet, and they aren't intimidated. Like most progressive nutbags, they're dishonest douches who use the deaths of their own children to try to bully the majority into surrendering their Constitutional rights.

Point taken but that does not change the fact that people have the right to being safe from armed gangs - no matter what their stated purpose is.

But, just like the rw hysteria over which bathroom transgender people are using, its very likely that I have been in restaurants where people were armed and did not know it.

As usual, the nutters want to protect their own rights at the expense of other people's rights.

This group wasn't an "armed gang", they were Texas residents & American citizens enjoying their Constitutional right to free assembly. Plus, Texas has a long legal tradition of open carry. Sorry if that offended your sensibilities.

With that group there, that area was probably the safest place to be. They didn't disrupt the Mothers Group. They didn't point their weapons at them. And the police were there monitoring the situation. Personally, if I were a member of the group, I would have called the restaurant ahead of time & given them a heads up, but no laws were broken.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

Why don't you piss off little miss know-it-all?

The gun owners were exercising their rights as well. Nobody threatened anybody. If they were "scared" it was of their own doing, in their tiny little minds.

Tiny little mind... Something with which I am sure you are familiar...

Last edited:

They were not protesting, they were holding a meeting aimed at restricting the rights of individuals they disagree with. Frankly, if they were scared, something I doubt, they got what they deserve. People should be terrified whenever one group wants to take away the rights of anyone.

Last edited:

if they are irrationally scared they should consult a psychiatrist and get the anti-anxiety medications

This group wasn't an "armed gang", they were Texas residents & American citizens enjoying their Constitutional right to free assembly.

And that was obvious in the moment, since as we all know the bad guys always wear black hats so we know who's who.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:
They are proving the point that there is no threat from a bunch of law abiding citizens openly armed, despite the position of said gun control group.

Actually they're undermining it but close enough.

Damn right though -- where's the "threat"? Nobody's breaking the law.

Here's another group of law abiding citizens not breaking the law, engaged in the act of not-intimidation:

Ku_Klux_Klan_members_march_down_Pennsylvania_Avenue_in_Washington,_D.C._in_1928.jpg

Armed guards not-intimidating potential trespassers:

Armed-Security-Guards.jpg

A sign posted to not-intimidate potential burglars:

51-H-5FakrL.jpg

Basic psychology of not-intimidation.

Last edited:

Why don't you piss off little miss know-it-all?

The gun owners were exercising their rights as well. Nobody threatened anybody. If they were "scared" it was of their own doing, in their tiny little minds.

Tiny little mind... Something with which I am sure you are familiar...

Yes, their 'right' to be intimidating freaks, like most gun nuts.

Come on marty, they were being assholes, plain and simple.

Just because something is within one's rights doesn't make it right.

So now exercising your right to prove a point in public is being an asshole?

and trying to remove my rights is not being an asshole?

Exactly how does a group of mothers meeting in a restaurant impact the Constitution?

If you, the Open Carry folks, or anyone else thinks that those mothers are a threat to firearms ownership or to carry of any kind in Texas then you are deluded. I know counter-protests are common but that doesn't make them good form and in this case I don't for a second believe that anyone was defending their right to carry because that right isn't in any danger.

Of course they're a threat. They lobby for restrictions on our constitutional right to bear arms. They are a direct threat to our right to do so. So of course it's reasonable to let them know that we don't agree with them, and to show solidarity..because trust me, they are busy misrepresenting the shit out of us, and using their particular status as "moms" and "moms of dead children" to do it.

And any change to the Constitution is done through a process. What the mothers were doing was talking.

So you're threatened by mothers talking. In a restaurant. That's your "threat".

Actually --- that figures. The same is true on this board.

They were not protesting, they were holding a meeting aimed at restricting the rights of individuals they disagree with. Frankly, if they were scared, something I doubt, they got what they deserve. People should be terrified whenever one group wants to take away the rights of anyone.

They held a meeting in a public parking lot where they knew their opponents were. Why not a march in the street?

In Texas?? :lol:...I wouldnt think anything of it.
Water doesnt run down my leg at the sight of a gun. Or anyone else's in Texas for that matter...unless they're yankee transplants.

Umm... you're not exactly making the case you think you're making. :lmao:

:dig:

The police were there, and were kind enough not to ticket the hysterical women for a false 911 call. What more do you want?

A "false 911 call"?

What was "false" about it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/12/u...escalating-battle-over-texas-gun-culture.html

“I was terrified,” said the woman who helped coordinate the meeting and who spoke on the condition of anonymity because she said she feared for her safety. “They didn’t want to talk. They wanted to display force.”

The armed group of men, women and children was made up of members of a gun rights organization called Open Carry Texas, and they stayed in the parking lot about 10 or 15 minutes to protest the Moms Demand Action meeting and then left.

40 Armed Gun Advocates Intimidate Mothers Against Gun Violence In A Restaurant Parking Lot | ThinkProgress

According to a spokeswoman for Moms Demand Action (MDA), the moms were inside the Blue Mesa Grill when members of Open Carry Texas (OCT) — an open carry advocacy group — “pull[ed] up in the parking lot and start[ed] getting guns out of their trunks.” The group then waited in the parking lot for the four MDA members to come out. The spokeswoman said that the restaurant manager did not want to call 911, for fear of “inciting a riot” and waited for the gun advocates to leave. The group moved to a nearby Hooters after approximately two hours.

MDA later released a statement calling OCT “gun bullies” who “disagree[d] with our goal of changing America’s gun laws and policies to protect our children and families.” The statement added that the members and restaurant customers were “terrified by what appeared to be an armed ambush.” A member of OCT responded by tweeting, “I guess I’m a #gunbullies #Comeandtakeit.”

Open Carry Advocates Stand Outside Moms Against Gun Violence Meeting: Tell Us if You Think They Went Too Far | TheBlaze.com

open-carry-texas.jpg

Armed protesters rattle Texas moms' gun-control meeting

Police monitored the incident at the Blue Mesa Grill in Arlington, Texas, but took no action because it is legal to carry long guns openly in Texas.

"We are aware that a group did gather in a shopping area in Arlington Saturday," Tiara Ellis Richard of the Arlington Police office of communication said in an e-mail to USA TODAY. "Officers were notified and arrived at the location. There were no issues that we are aware of, and no arrests occurred."

A ticking time bomb.

No. Conflicting values. No one got shot. Police were monitoring, but made no arrests. Non issue. Dismissed!

Don't the gun owners enjoy the same right to protest? Or do you only assign rights to those you agree with?

This group wasn't an "armed gang", they were Texas residents & American citizens enjoying their Constitutional right to free assembly.

And that was obvious in the moment, since as we all know the bad guys always wear black hats so we know who's who.

:cuckoo:

Do cops with guns scare you?

They are proving the point that there is no threat from a bunch of law abiding citizens openly armed, despite the position of said gun control group.

Actually they're undermining it but close enough.

Damn right though -- where's the "threat"? Nobody's breaking the law.

Here's another group of law abiding citizens not breaking the law, engaged in the act of not-intimidation:

Armed guards not-intimidating potential trespassers:

Armed-Security-Guards.jpg

A sign posted to not-intimidate potential burglars:

Basic psychology of not-intimidation.

Those are not armed guards, but thanks for proving you are stupid.

Forum List

Back