Gun enthusiastics stock up now

The problem isn't the guns, it is the fear people have in this country and you will hear that fear when they try to explain why they need an assault weapon.
yeah, the right to keep and bear arms is such fear

Its not the idea of needing assult weapons. Its the government definition of an assault weapon and their desire to ban them. The second amendment gives me the right to bear arms. It doesn't give the government the right the to decide which arms that I get to bear. If I have not committed a crime with said weapon, then what does it matter to you that I own them.
I get all that but do you really think that the founding fathers meant for you to have a weapon that shoots many rounds at a time. Some of these guns are ridiculous! I am not really for gun control but I think some of these should only be allowed for military use.

I went to a guys house once who had a gun like the ones near the bottom of the page I just posted.Modern Firearms - Browning M1917 and M1919 M1919A4 M1919A6 machine gun

What does he need that for? It is probably not exactly the same but pretty simular and a new model!

I get all that but do you really think that the founding fathers meant for you to have a weapon that shoots many rounds at a time. Some of these guns are ridiculous! I am not really for gun control but I think some of these should only be allowed for military use.

I went to a guys house once who had a gun like the ones near the bottom of the page I just posted.Modern Firearms - Browning M1917 and M1919 M1919A4 M1919A6 machine gun

What does he need that for? It is probably not exactly the same but pretty simular and a new model!
that was most likely a replica and a non-working one at that

Yes, 1,000,000 Americans have been killed by guns since 1960.

We need to kill more!

In 1999 there were 42,116 were killed in car accidents. Are we gonna outlaw cars? 20000 died of the flu. Are we gonna outlaw the flu?

source:
Death Statistics

Also in 1999 58% of gin deaths were suicides, so we can porobaly assume that half of your 1 million deaths were by suicide. How many ways can you commit suicide?

source:
Gun Facts

The world is full of things that can kill us. There is no reason to be afraid of a gun.

Absolutely! The entire reason the Founders wanted us to have guns was because an armed populace is the ultimate check on a tyrannical government.

Like I said, it is not up to you or the government to decide if he needs those guns. It is up to him.

I don't mind most gun comtrol measures. I can get with not allowing fully automatic weapons, we don't need grenades but banning all assault rifles and handguns(which Obama tried to do in Illinois) is unconstitutional.

Absolutely! The entire reason the Founders wanted us to have guns was because an armed populace is the ultimate check on a tyrannical government.

Like I said, it is not up to you or the government to decide if he needs those guns. It is up to him.

I don't mind most gun comtrol measures. I can get with not allowing fully automatic weapons, we don't need grenades but banning all assault rifles and handguns(which Obama tried to do in Illinois) is unconstitutional.
I don't want to get rid of guns either but I am for gun control in some ways and I think there needs to be something done about gun safety. I know you guys don't see it has governments place but there is a problem and I think education can help this problem somewhat. When a boy can take his father's gun without him knowing about it and then going and shooting another boy the same age, there is a problem. And I can bet I am the only one of you two that has seen a bullet fragments pulled out of someones face.

In 1999 there were 42,116 were killed in car accidents. Are we gonna outlaw cars? 20000 died of the flu. Are we gonna outlaw the flu?

source:
Death Statistics

Also in 1999 58% of gin deaths were suicides, so we can porobaly assume that half of your 1 million deaths were by suicide. How many ways can you commit suicide?

source:
Gun Facts

The world is full of things that can kill us. There is no reason to be afraid of a gun.

Yeah, you gotta watch out for those "gin" deaths...:lol:

I'm not afraid of guns, it's the bullets that come out of them that I'm afraid of. ;)

Well, that, and which way it's pointed.
guns & bullets are inanimate objects
they dont kill people
people kill people
guns & bullets are tools
used rightly they only kill those who are putting others in danger or for hunting

But we need more weapons to protect us from other people who have weapons.

Here is a movie (based on a real life event) that shows you perfectly, why you should be able to keep arms in your own home to protect yourself. With harrassment like this, no assault weapon is big enough. The Strangers (2008)

and here is Denny Crane: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijRZfJObqZk]YouTube - Gun Control ala Denny Crane[/ame]

I find it interesting that such discussions often evolve into the debate over specific types of firearms and whether they should be "regulated". Nowhere in the Constitution does it say that a specific type of arms are excepted in the right to bear arms by the "militia" or private citizens .

Certainly there were a plethora of arms (whose use precluded "hunting" or "sport") in existence when the Founding Fathers were formulating the second amendment including cannon, rockets, and battleships. Yet, for some reason, these weapons (arms) are not excluded. I think it would be very hard to justify using a cannon for hunting purposes and the framers of the Constitution would probably laugh at such a notion. Certainly most personal longarms in that period had the ability to afix a bayonet, yet for some reason one of the distinguishing characteristics of an "assault weapon" currently is a weapon that has a bayonet stub.

Seems to me that the right to bear arms has little to do with hunting or sport simply because such weaponry (arms who sole purpose is the destruction of many human beings at once) is not even mentioned in the Constitution. Those who would argue that the Founding Fathers had no inclination as to the destructive power of modern weaponry obviously are not familiar with the effects weaponry in existence at the time the Constitution was written.

Forum List

Back