Gun enthusiastics stock up now

GigiBowman

Oct 21, 2008
Gun enthusiastics stock up now
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 | 10:54 PM

By Erik BarajasHOUSTON (KTRK) -- Some Houstonians are stocking up. They are concerned some gun laws are going to tighten up now that President-elect Obama is on his way to the White House.
In the last few months, firearms and ammunition have been hard to keep in stock at Jim Pruett's gun store. In the eight years his store has been open, last Saturday he hit an all-time sales record. The colorful tickets reveal 31 gun sales in his modest store.
"The only other day we can compare it to is 9-11, when sales where astronomical," Pruett said.
So in a tough economy, where consumers are cutting back, what's driving gun sales? Many fear that President-elect Obama could tighten gun laws.

continued:

Gun owners fear President-elect Obama will tighten up gun laws - 11/05/08 - Houston News - abc13.com

YOu guys are insane! This would be kind of like the democrats saying when Bush got elected lets go get that abortion why we can and you know what eight years later with Repubs controlling congress for six of those years, one in the white house and a majority in the supreme court we still have legal abortions. YOu guys need to get over the gun thing it is protected in the 2nd amendment.

Even if you stricten gun laws, the criminals will still get their hands on it. Like drugs, you can spend soo much but it still slips through the system.

Guns and gun control wasn't even an issue in this campaign, was it?

Was anyone talking about making changes to current gun laws?

I don't recall it.

More fearmongering pap by the right. They couldn't buy the election this time, so they try and put fear into people...

Why are righties so scared all the time??

YOu guys are insane! This would be kind of like the democrats saying when Bush got elected lets go get that abortion why we can and you know what eight years later with Repubs controlling congress for six of those years, one in the white house and a majority in the supreme court we still have legal abortions. YOu guys need to get over the gun thing it is protected in the 2nd amendment.
This is true. BUT, anti gun governments can make ammunition prohibitively expensive. GUNS are protected by the 2nd Amendment, ammunition is NOT.
An example of this is when the California state government put a $5,000 registration tax on SUV's a while back. Yeah, SUV's are still legal to buy in California. Go ahead and buy one if you can afford it.

Last edited:
I love imagining the parade of horribles that Obama is going to engage in as much as the next "right-wing nut," but nobody would be foolish enough to attempt to go collect the guns. :lol: :cuckoo:

Imagine the life expectancy of the people that had that job! :eek: In about 10 days you wouldn't be able to pay people enough to try to do that.

He will have to have congress's approval before he bans any guns whatsoever. It is not like he becomes president and automatically has the power to do this.

This is true. BUT, anti gun governments can make ammunition prohibitively expensive. GUNS are protected by the 2nd Amendment, ammunition is NOT.
An example of this is when the California state government put a $5,000 registration tax on SUV's a while back. Yeah, SUV's are still legal to buy in California. Go ahead and buy one if you can afford it.

have you looked at the cost of shells....i couldnt believe it....we already cant afford ammo

The NRA is a radical organization. I can only assume they made a fortune in defense spending under the GOP.

Most Americans don't know what the NRA is all about because it's always about LIBERALS WANT TO TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY.

I suspect if most people look at what the NRA wants, they would not agree.

Guns for everyone! Everyone has a gun, carrys a gun, no background checks, no licences, no way to check who shot who, etc.

Why would they want background checks when that would lower their profits and slow down their sales.

DEREGULATIONS!!!!

The NRA is a radical organization. I can only assume they made a fortune in defense spending under the GOP.

Most Americans don't know what the NRA is all about because it's always about LIBERALS WANT TO TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY.

I suspect if most people look at what the NRA wants, they would not agree.

Guns for everyone! Everyone has a gun, carrys a gun, no background checks, no licences, no way to check who shot who, etc.

Why would they want background checks when that would lower their profits and slow down their sales.

DEREGULATIONS!!!!

wrong again fool....the NRA defends the 2nd Amendment & supports police....libs trash the 2nd Amendment & coddles criminals....see the difference....

Forum List

Back