Gun enthusiastics stock up now

I understand he has the right to have that gun, I just wanted to know the purpose of having such gun. I can understand the need or want for most guns and I have no problem with people having them if they are legally able to. And using Loki's answer I may want heroin but I don't really need it, it serves no purpose for my survival just as a guy in Washington who is not fighting a war does not need a machine gun. I know he is protected under the 2nd Amendment, I just don't see why people are allowed to have such guns at all. One is not allowed to have a missile launcher or such weapons which would be needed to fight tyranny and an army, which is the basis for needing the 2nd Amendment.

I understand he has the right to have that gun, I just wanted to know the purpose of having such gun. I can understand the need or want for most guns and I have no problem with people having them if they are legally able to. And using Loki's answer I may want heroin but I don't really need it, it serves no purpose for my survival just as a guy in Washington who is not fighting a war does not need a machine gun. I know he is protected under the 2nd Amendment, I just don't see why people are allowed to have such guns at all. One is not allowed to have a missile launcher or such weapons which would be needed to fight tyranny and an army, which is the basis for needing the 2nd Amendment.

No you don't understand as you still believe need is relevant. Please see and respond to post my last post.

Ask them, why don't you?

I suspect their answer will be contingent upon you answering the question; "Why does your unborn child "need" to be aborted?" The child is, after all, ultimately shouldering the entire burden of you excersizing your "right"--it should enjoy just a little "due process", don't you think?

Despite the tenuous logic leading to the legal interpretation that abortion is a right, it certainly cannot actually be one, since it means the irreversable abrogation of another's rights. The argument that abortion is a right, is premised upon the assertion that killing a human being is a human right--it's patently self-contradictory.
That is your opinion but my right to have an abortion is also protected under the constitution and therefore you have no right to tell me I can or cannot have one.
And my brother who didn't do anything wrong besides being in the right place at the wrong time shouldered the burden of someone exercising their right to own a fireman but was not responsible with such firearm so therefore the guy's son took the gun and shot my brother in face. So therefore my brother's human rights were compromised by a gun owner.

One is not allowed to have a missile launcher or such weapons which would be needed to fight tyranny and an army, which is the basis for needing the 2nd Amendment.

One is not allowed to have a missile launcher or such weapons IN SPITE of the Second Amendment...not because of it! Your implication is that because some legislative body applied its own interpretation or even IGNORED the second amendment altogether in passing such legislation that it negates the Second Amendment all together.

That is your opinion but my right to have an abortion is also protected under the constitution and therefore you have no right to tell me I can or cannot have one.
And my brother who didn't do anything wrong besides being in the right place at the wrong time shouldered the burden of someone exercising their right to own a fireman but was not responsible with such firearm so therefore the guy's son took the gun and shot my brother in face. So therefore my brother's human rights were compromised by a gun owner.

Care to show us where the Constitution lists abortion as a right?

And what if someone had run over him with a car. Logic (well your logic, or lack of it) says you would be for the banning of cars.

First, you'll have to point out that constitutional protection, and then secondly you'll have to point out how you unborn child has relinquished his right to life, and finally you'll have to demonstrate tha I'm telling you that you cannot have one.

I'm sure you'll disingenously dodge these points as you have disingenuously dodged my previous ones.

The right to keep and bear arms is not the right to shoot your brother in the face--I'm sorry for your loss, but it's entirely irrelevent--just as your arguemnt from need is.

Thanks for playing anyway.

Luissa27

If you don’t like the Second Amendment then change it or ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ.

I think the NRA is not looking for common sense. They fight any gun legislation, and then that asian kid can go get guns even though he was mentally unstable.

I understand your arguments and agree with a lot of them. I just think the NRA is like the anti abortion people. They won't give on anything, even common sense.

And this is only from a conversation I heard last night. How the GOP/NRA/Out of Control Defense spending might all somehow be related.

Sorry for thinking out loud.

I'm a gun fan too my brother.

What's wrong with the Brady Bill?

And you seriously want automatics with 1000 clips? You want Branch Dividians to stock up with arsenals like they are preparing for WW3? You don't want to have to give your name when you go buy a gun or bullets? That stuff might go too far.

And didn't Bush have Blackwater go into New Orleans after Katrina and they confiscated home owners guns? They told the owners they could stay and protect their homes but would have to turn in their guns.

Let me find details for you.

New Orleans Begins Confiscating Firearms as Water Recedes

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/08/national/nationalspecial/08cnd-storm.html

No civilians in New Orleans will be allowed to carry pistols, shotguns or other firearms, said P. Edwin Compass III, the superintendent of police. "Only law enforcement are allowed to have weapons," he said.

The Asian kid would have got his hands on guns whether they were legal or not.

It is important to make guns available to nut cases so they can kill people.

1,000,000 Americans have been killed by guns since 1960.

It is important to make guns available to nut cases so they can kill people.

1,000,000 Americans have been killed by guns since 1960.
how many have been killed by knives since 1960?
or baseball bats, for that matter?

how many have been killed by knives since 1960?
or baseball bats, for that matter?

Baseball bats and knives make it harder to kill.

Americans are all about convenience.

Last edited:
Baseball bats and knives make it harder to kill.

Americans are all about convenience.

go ahead, make guns illegal. The criminals will have them and the law abiding citizens won't. That is the society I want.

go ahead, make guns illegal. The criminals will have them and the law abiding citizens won't. That is the society I want.

Don't worry elvis, guns will never be outlawed. That's why we have the second.

I think he's talking about gun control, but really, if someone wants a gun, they are going to get it somehow.

I'm sticking with my blow gun, and maybe getting a taser!

Guns will never be outlawed because Americans love to kill people.

It's fun!

Don't worry elvis, guns will never be outlawed. That's why we have the second.

I think he's talking about gun control, but really, if someone wants a gun, they are going to get it somehow.

I'm sticking with my blow gun, and maybe getting a taser!
the best gun control???

hitting your target with the first shot

the rest is nonsense because it only removes guns from law abiding citizens
i would have no problem requiring a license or taking a "proper gun use and care" class

Forum List

Back