Gun Control not the problem here.

o shut the fuck up ..both of you...and focus on the damned topic...

we havd 8 people die yesterday in a mass shooting...some dude went into a nursing home and opened fire....we are a concealed weapon state....a police officier stopped the guy finally....no crys for gun control in nc...we simply realize shit happens....you cant stop it all...even by banning guns....would people have felt better if he went in with a flame thrower or dynamite?

i have 3 guns...so far none of them has killed anyone....nor have i...

get a grip people...guns are here to stay...ammo however is getting harder to get....

Adopting a reasonable position like that will only get you yelled at by the ideologues.

we havd 8 people die yesterday in a mass shooting...some dude went into a nursing home and opened fire....we are a concealed weapon state....a police officier stopped the guy finally....no crys for gun control in nc...we simply realize shit happens....you cant stop it all...even by banning guns....would people have felt better if he went in with a flame thrower or dynamite?

get a grip people...guns are here to stay...ammo however is getting harder to get....

Adopting a reasonable position like that will only get you yelled at by the ideologues.

As opposed to your incessant yapping about how Gun Control has nothing to do with the claim it is for Crime control? Refute what I provided Numb nuts.

Assault-weapons on rise in Miami - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

MIAMI - The spray of bullets that killed a police officer and hurt three others this week came from something increasingly common on this city’s streets: a high-powered assault weapon, fast becoming the gun of choice for gang members and violent criminals.

And when the guns, once found solely in the hands of soldiers, are aimed at officers on patrol, there’s little authorities can do to escape.

“It’s almost like we have water pistols going up against these high-powered rifles,” said John Rivera, president of the Dade County Police Benevolent Association. “Our weaponry and our bulletproof vests don’t match up to any of those types of weapons.”

Last edited:

As opposed to your incessant yapping about how Gun Control has nothing to do with the claim it is for Crime control? Refute what I provided Numb nuts.

You're in with Pub now Rock, I'll note your posts but I won't bother doing anything other than gliding over them, noting the usual rubbish and then turning to a post that has actual substance as opposed to ideological ranting. If by some accident of the cosmos either of you actually post anything worth bothering with then I may respond. You're not on ignore, you're just on "I can't be bothered".

MIAMI - The spray of bullets that killed a police officer and hurt three others this week came from something increasingly common on this city’s streets: a high-powered assault weapon, fast becoming the gun of choice for gang members and violent criminals.

And when the guns, once found solely in the hands of soldiers, are aimed at officers on patrol, there’s little authorities can do to escape.

“It’s almost like we have water pistols going up against these high-powered rifles,” said John Rivera, president of the Dade County Police Benevolent Association. “Our weaponry and our bulletproof vests don’t match up to any of those types of weapons.”

Any minute now someone will be along with a demand that you define "assault rifle".

Any minute now someone will be along with a demand that you define "assault rifle".

and kirky won't be able to do so.

edit: He will post something from wikipedia, but he himself will not be able to identify what is and is not an assault rifle.

Last edited:
More U.S. police officers were killed while on duty in the first six months of 2007 — 101 — than during any such period since 1978, according to the organization.

To date, there have been 132 officer fatalities this year, compared with 97 at the same time last year.

'Give us a fighting chance'
Rivera pleaded for leaders to allow police to carry higher-power weapons — though not necessarily as strong as some already on the street — and provide stronger protective vests.

“Give us a fighting chance,” he said.

Police officials said they were bogged down with the aftermath of the shootings and unable to respond to Rivera’s comments.

They did say they were trying to cope with the loss of Officer Jose Somohano.

The Miami-Dade department was helping to plan the funeral, and Officer Jody Wright was recovering from a gunshot wound to the right leg, O’Brien said. The other two officers were treated and released.

“Anytime a fellow officer has been killed, it destroys us,” O’Brien said. “It’s almost got no words to it. Your blood just runs cold.”

The rising number of deaths by assault weapons reflects growing availability of the weapons and their elevation to a status symbol among gang members, said Carlos Baixauli, an agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

“In the early ’80s to ’90s, it was more common to have a handgun in your waistband and the bigger the caliber, the more powerful you were,” Baixauli said. “Now it’s escalated to the assault weapons.”

Another issue potentially at play is the 2004 expiration of the federal assault weapons ban, 10 years after its passage. The legislation outlawed 19 types of guns, including the semiautomatic AK-47.

and kirky won't be able to do so.

edit: He will post something from wikipedia, but he himself will not be able to identify what is and is not an assault rifle.

It doesn't really matter does it? It's what it can do that's important.

Ask any police officer on the street what they think of the easy accessability of assault rifles.

It is a shame that some people can't see how our brave police officers are being killed because of the silliness of the gun lobby.

Ask any police officer on the street what they think of the easy accessability of assault rifles.

It is a shame that some people can't see how our brave police officers are being killed because of the silliness of the gun lobby.

Chris, quite a few cops oppose controls over these weapons.

no, dipshit, they are killed because CRIMINALS shoot them.

You're in with Pub now Rock, I'll note your posts but I won't bother doing anything other than gliding over them, noting the usual rubbish and then turning to a post that has actual substance as opposed to ideological ranting. If by some accident of the cosmos either of you actually post anything worth bothering with then I may respond. You're not on ignore, you're just on "I can't be bothered".

Of course, because you are WRONG and I have proven it. Want me to post some more evidence that your claim gun control has nothing to do with crime is bogus?

Of course, because you are WRONG and I have proven it. Want me to post some more evidence that your claim gun control has nothing to do with crime is bogus?

What evidence? How can there be more evidence when I haven't seen any evidence in the first instance?

I have been a gun owner since the age of twelve. However the proliferation of semi-automatics with high rates of fire, and magazines holding as much as 100 rounds creates a policeman's worst nightmare. The kind of people that put these weopons on a pedistal are precisely the kind that go over the edge and use them as we have so often seen them used in this nation.

Bring back the ban on assault weapons | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

There is, right now, one massive and willful gap in our memory: Five years ago, Congress failed to extend a flawed but useful ban on the sale of 19 types of firearms commonly known as "assault weapons" - semiautomatics that generally feature high-capacity ammunition magazines, greater muzzle velocity and other military-style designs.

The ban was prompted in part by the concerns of law enforcement agencies about the growing popularity of the point-and-spray weapons among drug dealers, gangs and others.

But Congress let the ban lapse in 2004 despite calls by the Fraternal Order of Police, the International Association of Chiefs of Police and the International Brotherhood of Police Officers to renew it. President George W. Bush also had said he would sign the extension if passed.

This month, 28-year-old Michael McLendon provided a chilling reminder of what such firearms can do. He used two high-powered weapons, an SKS and a Bushmaster AR-15, and a .38 caliber handgun on a two-county rampage in southern Alabama. He killed 10 people - including his mother, his grandmother, a deputy's wife and her 19-month-old daughter - and wounded six others before committing suicide.

Forum List

Back