Man goes snappy in NC, kills 8 old people....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
From CNN:

(CNN) -- A man accused of killing eight people in a shooting spree at a North Carolina nursing home is the husband of a woman who worked there, police said Monday.
Robert Stewart faces eight counts of first-degree murder in the nursing home shootings.

Robert Stewart faces eight counts of first-degree murder in the nursing home shootings.

The two may have been separated, said Carthage, North Carolina, Police Chief Chris McKenzie. He did not say if the wife was in the building at the time.

The alleged gunman, Robert Stewart, was carrying several weapons, authorities said. Seven patients and a nurse were killed, and three people were wounded, including a visitor and a police officer.

All the wounded are expected to survive, McKenzie said.

Officer Justin Garner was shot in the leg, McKenzie said. "As I understand, there were three pellets in his shin, leg and foot," he said.

Garner entered the Pinelake Health and Rehab Center alone with no backup and brought the shooting spree to an end with a single shot, hitting Stewart in the "chest, upper torso area," McKenzie said.

"If that's not heroism, I don't know what is," he said.
Don't Miss

* WRAL: Suspect's estranged wife worked at facility

Garner is "in very good spirits, resting at home," he added. McKenzie said he did not know the latest on Stewart's condition.

The alleged gunman's motive remained a mystery.

Stewart has not made a public statement nor has an attorney on his behalf.

His wife has not issued a statement either.

Meanwhile, his ex-wife, Sue Griffin, told CNN affiliate WTVD-TV in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, "He did have some violent tendencies from time to time." She added that when she heard the news of Sunday's shooting, "I couldn't believe it -- then I stopped, thought about it and thought, 'It is possible. It's possible.' "

At a news conference Monday, McKenzie described the shooting spree as "unimaginable" and "horrific."

"Everything that you can possibly imagine that is bad in the world," he said. "This doesn't happen, but it did." He described the small town as "strong, faith-based -- and that faith will get this community through this."

The tragedy draws attention to what McKenzie called the toughest part of training police officers.

Officers are told not to wait for backup when there are many lives on the line, he said. "That's the hardest thing -- to try to convince them you can't wait, you have to go."

If Garner had waited for backup, "there would have been a lot more people [killed]," McKenzie said.

The slain patients ranged in age from 78 to 98, Moore County District Attorney Maureen Krueger said.

A witness told CNN affiliate WRAL-TV in Raleigh-Durham that Stewart was armed with a rifle, a shotgun and other weapons.

Jerry Avant Sr. told WRAL that his son, Jerry Avant, a 39-year-old registered nurse, was the employee who was killed in the shooting. He said a doctor told him that his son had been shot more than two dozen times.

The elder Avant said the doctor told him his son "undoubtedly saved a lot of lives."

Alleged gunman's wife worked at nursing home, police say - CNN.com

Makes me wonder..........is this how the beginning of the end of the world is going to come around?

(CNN) -- A man accused of killing eight people in a shooting spree at a North Carolina nursing home is the husband of a woman who worked there, police said Monday.

Not good.

Not good at all.

You know......it's not the guns that kill people.......

It's the idiots that drink all day and watch tv and get pissed off about their lot in life that kill people. If he didn't have a gun, he'd probably have used a shovel or a knife.

The gun just made it easier to kill more than just one or two.

Let us not forget this man:

Jerry Avant Sr. told WRAL that his son, Jerry Avant, a 39-year-old registered nurse, was the employee who was killed in the shooting. He said a doctor told him that his son had been shot more than two dozen times.

The elder Avant said the doctor told him his son "undoubtedly saved a lot of lives."

i am at my moms which is about 30 miles from where this happened..the whole area is in kinda shock...just numb by it..not numb to it..no one can understand madness till you are there...and then it is too late

I'm very impressed with the cop in the story. Total badass. Too bad he didn't shoot the guy in the head a few times for good measure. Could've saved society some money. :eusa_whistle:

I'm confused on what the motive could possibly be... I also wonder if the media coverage has any effect on further shootings by other idiots.

Stewart faces eight counts of first-degree murder and one count of felony assault on a police officer, and other charges are pending, Krueger said.

Yeah better tack on the felony assault charge just in case eight counts of first degree murder doesn't put him away for life.... Oh wait. Was he illegally parked? Don't forget that!! :lol:

Last edited:
i am at my moms which is about 30 miles from where this happened..the whole area is in kinda shock...just numb by it..not numb to it..no one can understand madness till you are there...and then it is too late

No one can understand it even when they are there. I lived near Columbine when the two kids killed all those students and a teacher.

What is it that makes certain people go over the edge? I certainly don't have the answer. I know there have been many times I would have loved to kill someone because I was so mad at them. But I never would have done it. What makes these people cross that line? Especially the ones who have never done anything violent in the past.

Hi Biker:

Makes me wonder..........is this how the beginning of the end of the world is going to come around?

This is what happens when the Gov't sponsors too much Outsourcing of JOBS and allows too many Illegal Aliens to run around displacing U.S. workers from JOBS amid the overuse of 23 Guest Worker Programs. Now that the local economies are IMPLODING, then more and more 'legal' U.S. Citizens are falling through the widening cracks in our society while losing all signs of human dignity. The nursing home where my brother has been for years has seen the white and black workers transformed into cheap illegal Hispanic workers and lower wages for everyone, which looks good for nursing home profits right up until the fired/disgruntled worker shows up with a gun.

This is what We The People deserve for allowing U.S. workers to be displaced by millions and millions and millions of Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals while everyone looks the other way and your JOB might be next . . .

GL,

Terral

Hi Biker:

This is what happens when the Gov't sponsors too much Outsourcing of JOBS and allows too many Illegal Aliens to run around displacing U.S. workers from JOBS amid the overuse of 23 Guest Worker Programs. Now that the local economies are IMPLODING, then more and more 'legal' U.S. Citizens are falling through the widening cracks in our society while losing all signs of human dignity. The nursing home where my brother has been for years has seen the white and black workers transformed into cheap illegal Hispanic workers and lower wages for everyone, which looks good for nursing home profits right up until the fired/disgruntled worker shows up with a gun.

This is what We The People deserve for allowing U.S. workers to be displaced by millions and millions and millions of Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals while everyone looks the other way and your JOB might be next . . .

GL,

Terral

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT. So now you are claiming that if someone gets fired they have a right to murder people at their old job? Further you RETARD, no Hispanics were involved. Ohh and on another note you DUMB ASS. Except the janitorial services all the hired help that work with the patients are licensed in some fashion by the State. Even the person that changes the bedpan has a certificate from the State.

Hi Retired Guy:

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT. So now you are claiming that if someone gets fired they have a right to murder people at their old job?

Nobody said anything about someone getting fired having the 'right' to do anything. The unemployment numbers are jumping from 600,000 people per month to 700,000 people per month (story) AND CLIMBING (story), which means more and more 'legal' U.S.workers are falling through the widening CRACKS in our once-great society!! This kind of acting-out behavior was predicted by Gerald Celente . . .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nJ7LM3iyNg"]People Losing Everything Lose It!![/ame]

. . . saying "When people lose everything, and they have nothing to lose, they LOSE IT." (4:30/11:41). Then people who lose it run around shooting other people in their environment, which you see on full display in the OP of this thread.

Further you RETARD, no Hispanics were involved. Ohh and on another note you DUMB ASS.

Retired Guy (middle Loyal Bushie bush-monkey) comes to these threads every day to call people names and act out like the Americans falling through the cracks of our broken society. Your JOB need not be taken by an Illegal Alien Foreign National for you to become 'displaced' by the millions and millions and millions of Illegal Aliens running around loose EVERYWHERE. The Illegal Alien steals a JOB from your fellow American, so that your fellow American is forced to steal your JOB, so that you are forced to go out and steal the JOB of another American; so on and so forth all the way down the line.

Millions of Illegal Aliens displacing millions of U.S. workers from JOBS means your company has fewer and fewer 'legal' American customers to buy your goods and services; and the massive layoffs affect Americans who never see an Illegal Alien coming or going. General Motors will go into bankruptcy, because the 'legal' American Consumer Base is being systematically destroyed on purpose . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8PuLnZFz6Q&feature=related]Amercia Destroyed Video[/ame]

. . . and Illegal Aliens do not earn enough money to make up the difference. Unscrupulous American contractors are picking around expensive U.S. workers in favor of hiring cheap Illegal Alien slave labor, while the Gov't looks the other way; which is causing more and more Americans to "LOSE IT."

Except the janitorial services all the hired help that work with the patients are licensed in some fashion by the State. Even the person that changes the bedpan has a certificate from the State.

This guy right here (story) killed his wife and family over losing his job, but when people "LOSE IT," then the reason can be narrowed down to just about anything. We are living inside a crumbling society where everyone should expect these kinds of mass murders to become more and more frequent . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
i am going with sgt....race had nothing to do with this...the guy was a loser who had had a lot of trouble..his wife and he had been married divorce married etc...the nurse mentioned above...jerry avant was black....the cop was white..the shooter was white...

the cop is not a badass..simply the first on the scene...who knew how far and how long back up was gonna take and went in...local news says he told the guy several times to put his weapon down....he did not shoot until the shooter discharged his weapon... he may not have been a badass but he is a hero...

so there you have it...a black man protecting people from a white shooter....a white cop taking out a white shooter...

Forum List

Back