Guess who attends funeral of KKK member?

Wasn't Donald Trump's father in the Ku Klux Klan? He was arrested at a Klan rally.

I think if this is true then it is pretty useless because no one can control how our parents and grandparents are. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have someone in their family who is pretty bad. We can't really control it. We might even attend their funeral out of respect but Bill Clinton has no relations with the late senator. Why was he there?

So, you're saying that a former U.S. President shouldn't have attended the funeral of the longest serving U.S. Senator from the same party? I'd say they had lots of relations. Senator Byrd was revered in the U.S. Senate.

Wasn't Donald Trump's father in the Ku Klux Klan? He was arrested at a Klan rally.

I think if this is true then it is pretty useless because no one can control how our parents and grandparents are. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have someone in their family who is pretty bad. We can't really control it. We might even attend their funeral out of respect but Bill Clinton has no relations with the late senator. Why was he there?

Holy SHIT you're a fucking moron.

Your whole premise for this thread is that somehow, the *SPOUSE* of a candidate, attending a *FUNERAL* for some person who *DECADES AGO* was affiliated with the Klan ------------ somehow says something about that candidate through three degrees of personal and temporal separation.

What it's supposed to say, you never did explain, since you can't .....

--- so here I gave you the CANDIDATE HIMSELF .... not the SPOUSE of a candidate, the *CANDIDATE HIMSELF* -- presumably attending the funeral of a person affiliated DECADES AGO with the Klan. Two degrees instead of three.

As I said when I first brought this up --- same fucking thing.

I really don't know if it would make a difference if it was decades ago. Maybe he was a bad man but while he was alive why didn't Bill Clinton repudiate his membership in the organization? I don't ever remember Bill Clinton ever ever saying he disagrees with the Byrd joining the Klan. And I really don't believe he was the only democrat at the funeral considering this was former and popular president of the United States. I doubt he was the only democrat that showed up to it.

Clinton wasn't President when Byrd was in the klan and Byrd had already repudiated it before you even knew who Bill Clinton was. Why was he expected to repudiate Byrd? it was a done deal, he already left. And of course there were other Democrats at Byrd's funeral, after all it wasn't a klan event. Why are you so stupid?

So, you're saying that a former U.S. President shouldn't have attended the funeral of the longest serving U.S. Senator from the same party? I'd say they had lots of relations. Senator Byrd was revered in the U.S. Senate.

Where is it written that it is required that politician attend the funeral of other politicians? It isn't and it is an option. Maybe Bill Clinton was best friends with a former KKK member?

I was just thinking to myself. We need another thread hell bent on torturing the truth.

WHich is Bill Clinton attended funeral of KKK wizard. The picture is right there.

We all know Robert Byrd's past. He repudiated it, David Duke hasn't.

if he did it was because of political necessity as blacks were asserting their right to vote in the south.

Like you, I'm not sure why he did it. I only know he did, and his record from that point on was spotless. The NAACP also had people attend the funeral and put out a statement mourning his death.

NAACP Mourns the Passing of U.S. Senator Robert Byrd | Press Room
Money and power in the democratic party buys off the NAACP

Your whole premise for this thread is that somehow, the *SPOUSE* of a candidate, attending a *FUNERAL* for some person who *DECADES AGO* was affiliated with the Klan ------------ somehow says something about that candidate through three degrees of personal and temporal separation.

--- so here I gave you the CANDIDATE HIMSELF .... not the SPOUSE of a candidate, the *CANDIDATE HIMSELF* -- presumably attending the funeral of a person affiliated DECADES AGO with the Klan. Two degrees instead of three.

I really don't know if it would make a difference if it was decades ago. Maybe he was a bad man but while he was alive why didn't Bill Clinton repudiate his membership in the organization? I don't ever remember Bill Clinton ever ever saying he disagrees with the Byrd joining the Klan. And I really don't believe he was the only democrat at the funeral considering this was former and popular president of the United States. I doubt he was the only democrat that showed up to it.

Clinton wasn't President when Byrd was in the klan and Byrd had already repudiated it before you even knew who Bill Clinton was. Why was he expected to repudiate Byrd? it was a done deal, he already left. And of course there were other Democrats at Byrd's funeral, after all it wasn't a klan event. Why are you so stupid?

The same reason people expect Trump to repudiate David Duke.

I was just thinking to myself. We need another thread hell bent on torturing the truth.

WHich is Bill Clinton attended funeral of KKK wizard. The picture is right there.

if he did it was because of political necessity as blacks were asserting their right to vote in the south.

Like you, I'm not sure why he did it. I only know he did, and his record from that point on was spotless. The NAACP also had people attend the funeral and put out a statement mourning his death.

And in return I guess they get a senator who has a 100% approval. I guess it worked out for everyone.

The same reason people expect Trump to repudiate David Duke.

Actually, nothing about it is the same.

And in return I guess they get a senator who has a 100% approval. I guess it worked out for everyone.

Cronyism is the problem with our crony capitalist system isn't it? Hillary Clinton would sell her soul to be elected president..she's already been bought and paid for

Where is it written that it is required that politician attend the funeral of other politicians? It isn't and it is an option. Maybe Bill Clinton was best friends with a former KKK member?

Yeah, maybe Bill was also a KKK member. Surely you'd like to start a thread on that possibility.

Cronyism is the problem with our crony capitalist system isn't it? Hillary Clinton would sell her soul to be elected president..she's already been bought and paid for

Oh, I see, you took me seriously. I don't see any correlation between Byrd, the NAACP and cronyism.

Oh, I see, you took me seriously. I don't see any correlation between Byrd, the NAACP and cronyism.

You're not looking...you're blinded by ideology. People like Jessie Jackson were once anti abortion before he sold out to the Democratic party establish

This Robert Byrd thing, musta been one of the hard right's talking points of the day. It's got that "large choir" effect and in stereo too! :party:

I think it's an oldie but goodie that gets dusted off on occasion and it started back int he 90s. Probably some wingnut at some blog in the corner of the internet trotted it back out because Trump couldn't immediately and emphatically denounced Duke and the kkk on the spot because Trump values their support.

Why didn't he repudiate WHAT membership in the organization?

I'm sure that is an official statement from the NAACP and, as official statements go, they are usually written to support their leading political organization which is the democratic party. How many NAACP members actually attended the funeral? How many black people attended the funeral? That might reveal how people really feel about this man.

You're really stretching there buddy.I know you really want this to be some big deal, but if the NAACP was good with Byrd, I doubt one little teabagger will be ale to stir up much over it.

You're not looking...you're blinded by ideology. People like Jessie Jackson were once anti abortion before he sold out to the Democratic party establish

How about not making baseless accusations about the relationship between the NAACP and Senator Byrd and actually being man enough to back it up.

If you say so,

David Duke hasn't said anything from a white perspective that liberal icons like Sharpton and Jackson haven't said from the black perspective. In fact, Duke's stances are frankly well reasoned unlike those other two. So, just know off your BS.

I was once a Green Bay Packer fan, so just shoot me, will ya! :banana2:

David Duke hasn't said anything from a white perspective that liberal icons like Sharpton and Jackson haven't said from the black perspective. In fact, Duke's stances are frankly well reasoned unlike those other two. So, just know off your BS.

Dukey claimed Bill McKinley was in the KKK. An organization which did not then exist.

That sound "well reasoned" to you?

Forum List

Back