Guess who attends funeral of KKK member?

Uh, nnnnnnope. When Byrd was in the Klan, Clinton wasn't even BORN yet.

Doesn't change the fact that Byrd was in the Klan and Clinton went to his funeral.

Clinton attended the funeral of the longest serving senator in the history of this county and someone with a 100% NAACP approval rating. Decades ago, he was in the klan, it's a nice footnote to someone who overcame their prejudices, perhaps the GOP should try it.

The OP must believe rehabilitation is some kind of myth. Parking violation -- lock 'em up for life.

Wonder what the OP has done in the past that could be used as the sole definition of his life. I bet he wet his diaper as a toddler. Give 'im the Chair.

I can't speak for the OP but I can speak for me. It's the double standard applied by Democrats to their own. A Democrat like Byrd can do what he does, say he's sorry, and because he's a Democrat all is well with Democrats. However, let someone that isn't a Democrat do something as a young person and not only are they labeled for life, Democrats label all those that believe like him/her as that way.

Yuh huh.

Link?

The link is the thread. Two names is all I need. Byrd from the thread that Democrats forgive and Strom Thurmond, a Republican, Democrats still chastise.

Doesn't change the fact that Byrd was in the Klan and Clinton went to his funeral.

Clinton attended the funeral of the longest serving senator in the history of this county and someone with a 100% NAACP approval rating. Decades ago, he was in the klan, it's a nice footnote to someone who overcame their prejudices, perhaps the GOP should try it.

The OP must believe rehabilitation is some kind of myth. Parking violation -- lock 'em up for life.

Wonder what the OP has done in the past that could be used as the sole definition of his life. I bet he wet his diaper as a toddler. Give 'im the Chair.

I can't speak for the OP but I can speak for me. It's the double standard applied by Democrats to their own. A Democrat like Byrd can do what he does, say he's sorry, and because he's a Democrat all is well with Democrats. However, let someone that isn't a Democrat do something as a young person and not only are they labeled for life, Democrats label all those that believe like him/her as that way.

Yuh huh.

Link?

{label} label all those that believe like him/her as that way.

irony.jpg

You don't even get what you just did, do you?

:dig:

The link is the thread. Two names is all I need. Byrd from the thread that Democrats forgive and Strom Thurmond, a Republican, Democrats still chastise.

I figured that point would sail blithely over your head. You didn't let me down.

"Two names is all I need" to make a Composition Fallacy.
Indeed.

Yuh huh.

Link?

irony.jpg

I figured that point would sail blithely over your head. You didn't let me down.

Indeed.

I predicted you would prove that you practice a double standard and you didn't let me down. Your standard is Democrat - OK, Republican - not OK if does the same thing.

I bet if some enterprising journalist actually took a head count of politicians and CURRENT KKK members at the funeral they might find an interesting link between them and the Klan. Just saying...

Yuh huh.

Link?

irony.jpg

Indeed.

I predicted you would prove that you practice a double standard and you didn't let me down. Your standard is Democrat - OK, Republican - not OK if does the same thing.

I don't indulge in labels. That's the whole POINT of what's sitting directly above. You stepped in it, big time, with the sentence I highlighted.

Those of you so intellectually shallow that you need that crutch have my pity.

Yuh huh.

Link?

irony.jpg

Indeed.

I don't indulge in labels. That's the whole POINT of what's sitting directly above.
You don't have to in order for what I said on this issue to be true. You've made excuses for Robert Byrd just like the faithful Democrats.

At the funeral of Sen Byrd, Senate GOP leaders heap praise on him...

www.c-span.org/video/?294355-1/senator-byrd-memorial-service&start=2382

I don't think I ever said republicans weren't there. The same question should be asked. Why do people have such close friends to a former KKK member? It is just kind of interesting. I have ran into skinheads and my relationship with them was always kept at a minimal. I don't think I would have ever considered them close enough friends that I would attend their funeral.
I'll bet your whole life you've been told "you can't be reasoned with."

When people cling to things that are completely wrong their is no way you can be reasonable with them. To do so would require you to accept something that is completely wrong. I'm sure people who believe that the earth is flat think that 99% of the world is 'unreasonable' (as well as flat).

Yuh huh.

Link?

irony.jpg

Indeed.

I don't indulge in labels. That's the whole POINT of what's sitting directly above.
You stepped in it, big time, with the sentence I highlighted.

You don't have to in order for what I said on this issue to be true. You've made excuses for Robert Byrd just like the faithful Democrats.

Have I now.

Link?
Quote?
Anything?

So did Strong Thurmond, but that didn't stop liberals from making Trent Lott step down as speaker. For just giving Thurmond a compliment on his birthday. Or how about Paula Dean? Liberals are hypocrites.

Um --- no, he (Thurmond) didn't.

And don't pull that "compliment on his birthday" shinola again. That clock has been cleaned.
Um, yes he did. He even acknowledged his black daughter. Also Lott just complimented him on his birthday. Outraged liberals made him step down. So um, yes you are a hypocrite. You have no creditability on this subject.

Uh NO HE DID NOT. His family acknowledged that what she said was true. HE did not.

Go ahead, prove me wrong.

And Lott --- once again to re-clean this clock, said, "we (Mississippi) voted for him. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead we wouldn't have had all these problems all these years either".

-- which means, "if the country had just elected an ardent segregationist we wouldn't have had to deal with these annoyances like.... civil rights".

That has ZERO to do with anybody's birthday.
Trent Lott had to step down because of liberal outrage. You're a hypocrite.

Explain.

I just called out your bullshit about Thurmond (again) because I know better. You had no response at all, tried to deflect to Trent Lottt. Then I detailed what he said and what it meant. Again you have no response because I know what I'm talking about and you're pulling it out of your ass.
You need to read up on Thurmond. He said he was wrong in his earlier beliefs. Also Lott was forced to resign after he complimented on Thurmond. Did he not?

Indeed.

Have I now.

Link?
Quote?
Anything?

Post #294.

And don't pull that "compliment on his birthday" shinola again. That clock has been cleaned.
Um, yes he did. He even acknowledged his black daughter. Also Lott just complimented him on his birthday. Outraged liberals made him step down. So um, yes you are a hypocrite. You have no creditability on this subject.

Uh NO HE DID NOT. His family acknowledged that what she said was true. HE did not.

And Lott --- once again to re-clean this clock, said, "we (Mississippi) voted for him. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead we wouldn't have had all these problems all these years either".

-- which means, "if the country had just elected an ardent segregationist we wouldn't have had to deal with these annoyances like.... civil rights".

Explain.

I just called out your bullshit about Thurmond (again) because I know better. You had no response at all, tried to deflect to Trent Lottt. Then I detailed what he said and what it meant. Again you have no response because I know what I'm talking about and you're pulling it out of your ass.
You need to read up on Thurmond. He said he was wrong in his earlier beliefs. Also Lott was forced to resign after he complimented on Thurmond. Did he not?

Then why can't you quote it?

Are you thinking perhaps of George Wallace?

Explain.

That's the point I made about the double standard Democrats practice. Byrd, a Democrat, is forgiven by Democrats because he was a Democrat. Democrats still chastise Thurmond despite both, when younger, doing similar things.

Indeed.

Have I now.

Link?
Quote?
Anything?

Post #294.

294 is about the OP's Cherrypicking Fallacy. It's about the OP, not about Byrd.

Don't make me go load another page without some kind of evidence. QUOTE it. Here.

Explain.

That's the point I made about the double standard Democrats practice. Byrd, a Democrat, is forgiven by Democrats because he was a Democrat. Democrats still chastise Thurmond despite both, when younger, doing similar things.

I think this point was already made waaaaay back but the difference is that Byrd repudiated it while Thurmond didn't.

Both opposed civil rights legislation back in the day. Byrd eventually adjusted. Thurmond's response was to bolt the political party and go join the Republicans where he'd have more support. A move, we should note, that had been considered unthinkable in the South for 99 years.

Have I now.

Link?
Quote?
Anything?

Post #294.

294 is about the OP's Cherrypicking Fallacy. It's about the OP, not about Byrd.

Don't make me go load another page without some kind of evidence. QUOTE it. Here.

It supported the OP's claim that Democrats hold different standards for their own than they do Republicans.

Do I work for you? No, I don't. That means you don't bark orders at me unless you have the ability to enforce those demands. I'll do what I please in the manner that I please and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it pussy.

“A lot of people like to skip over the fact that, when it comes to race relations, historically, Republicans and Democrats switched positions,” Noah said. “Yeah. Republicans were basically Democrats, and Democrats were basically Republicans.”

Noah explained that while it’s true that the KKK supported Democrats for decades after Lincoln freed and slaves, the white supremacist group switched to a more welcoming Republican Party in the 1960s after Democrats began supporting and enacting policies like the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act. Presidents Harry S Truman and Lyndon Johnson, both southerners, angered what became known as the Dixiecrats, Southern Democrats who left the Democratic Party starting in 1948 in opposition to the expansion of civil rights.

Johnson would predict while signing the Civil Rights Act of 1965 that Democrats just “lost the South for a generation.”

“He was half-right,” Noah said, “because, in fact, the Democrats lost the South for more than a generation.”
The Daily Show Destroys Republican Claims That Democrats Are The Real Racists (VIDEO)

Explain.

I think this point was already made waaaaay back but the difference is that Byrd repudiated it while Thurmond didn't.

Both opposed civil rights legislation back in the day. Byrd eventually adjusted. Thurmond's response was to bolt the political party and go join the Republicans where he'd have more support. A move, we should note, that had been considered unthinkable for 99 years.

Thanks for proving my claim about the Democrat double standard. Not only did you do it, you provided excuses for Byrd. I don't need to quote anything. You did it for me.

Explain.

Both opposed civil rights legislation back in the day. Byrd eventually adjusted. Thurmond's response was to bolt the political party and go join the Republicans where he'd have more support. A move, we should note, that had been considered unthinkable for 99 years.

Thanks for proving my claim about the Democrat double standard. Not only did you do it, you provided excuses for Byrd. I don't need to quote anything. You did it for me.

So you have.... let's total it up...... carry the zero.....

Nothing.

Explain.

So you have.... let's total it up...... carry the zero.....

Nothing.

I have YOUR words and excuses doing exactly what I said Democrats do for their own. You asked and I provided it. Now, you won't even accept you said them.

“A lot of people like to skip over the fact that, when it comes to race relations, historically, Republicans and Democrats switched positions,” Noah said. “Yeah. Republicans were basically Democrats, and Democrats were basically Republicans.”

Noah explained that while it’s true that the KKK supported Democrats for decades after Lincoln freed and slaves, the white supremacist group switched to a more welcoming Republican Party in the 1960s after Democrats began supporting and enacting policies like the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act. Presidents Harry S Truman and Lyndon Johnson, both southerners, angered what became known as the Dixiecrats, Southern Democrats who left the Democratic Party starting in 1948 in opposition to the expansion of civil rights.

Johnson would predict while signing the Civil Rights Act of 1965 that Democrats just “lost the South for a generation.”

“He was half-right,” Noah said, “because, in fact, the Democrats lost the South for more than a generation.”
The Daily Show Destroys Republican Claims That Democrats Are The Real Racists (VIDEO)

And Thurmond was at the forefront of both those defections, leading the "Dixiecrat" ticket in 1948 (which is what Lott referred to at the birthday party) and being the first to take the unthinkable step of turning Republican in the South in 1964.

In between, the state Democratic Party kicked him off the ballot in his Senate re-election campaign of 1952 for endorsing Eisenhower. He ran as a write-in, and won.

Forum List

Back