growing Islamophobia

Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train

>> May 26: A man riding the MAX [light rail service] in Northeast Portland [Oregon] fatally stabbed two passengers who tried to stop him from hurling racial and anti-Muslim insults at women on the train, witnesses tell WW's news partner KATU-TV.

The suspect is currently in Portland police custody. The stabbing occurred at about 4:30 this afternoon as the light-rail train pulled into the Hollywood Transit Center.

Details of the triple stabbing, which killed two men, are still emerging. But eyewitness reports to KATU and The Oregonian indicate it was an anti-immigrant hate crime.

Witnesses told KATU’s Joe Douglass the stabbing suspect was hurling racial insults at two women with dark skin, one of whom was wearing a headdress. Two men who came to the woman’s defense had their throats slashed by the suspect, witnesses said.

Another witness says she saw two women who appeared to be of Middle Eastern-descent get on the train. At least one of them was wearing a headdress. The suspect was asking them questions when he got belligerent. When another bystander tried to calm him down, the man took out a knife and began stabbing people.

“He said, ‘Get off the bus, and get out of the country because you don’t pay taxes here,’ [he said he] doesn’t like Muslims, they’re criminals,” Evelin Hernandez said. ....<< (original report --- Willamette Week)

Followup: Perp was White Supremacist who delivered Nazi Salutes and Racial Slurs at "Free Speech" Rally

>> I shook the killer's filthy hand 28 days ago. Mine feels tainted now, as though I somehow sanctioned his act, though I was only trying to get some information out of him.

He had just marched through Montavilla Park chanting "n*gger" and throwing fascist salutes, wearing an American Revolutionary War flag like a cape.

It was this act that sparked the first moment of chaos at the "free speech" rally on April 29 in Montavilla Park, which then proceeded down 82nd Avenue, a miserable replacement for a neighborhood parade canceled due to the threat of political violence. The man in the flag cape was quickly swarmed by scrawny young antifa kids, then by officers from the Portland Police Bureau.

After the scrum dispersed, I stood by watching while police searched his backpack. They seemed to know that, prior to the march, he had posted a Facebook message threatening to "shoot to kill POLICE if they ATTEMPT DISARM" anyone openly carrying a firearm to the rally. <<

Whelp --- this is exactly why we try to control the hatemongers on this site as well. Here, two of us have been slaughtered for standing up against such bigotry.

Time to assess where you're going with this, doncha think haters?

Simple lesson... Death to traitors. Class dismissed.

If this were a Muslim anywhere in the West, there would be five threads on it already. But this is a good ole American boy; a guy who doesn't like Muslims or a lot of other folks different from him. Exercising his American right of free speech, he was ranting against this one and that one on a train in Portland Oregon last night. He turned his focus on two Muslim girls in the car, one wearing a hijab. Two guys intervened and were killed by Christian. A third is in the hospital but expected to be okay.

Crickets here. You guys are making me sick with your whining about violent liberals, playing that same video from months ago of protesters breaking windows at Berkeley. This is violence too. But it's okay to ignore and not condemn because .... why? Guy broke more than windows in his hate.

170527093457-jeremy-joseph-christian-exlarge-169.jpg

Jeremy Joseph Christian (pic from CNN--Fox hasn't put one up)
Portland police: Man yelling ‘hate speech’ on light rail stabs, kills 2 men, injures 1

Thanks -- I just posted this too.

How ironic his name is "Christian" huh.

As noted in the other thread, this is exactly what all this bullshit hatemongering leads to. And now we're getting killed for it. Sure ain't gonna slow me down though.

Not unlike that other bigot hatemonger who opened fire on some Indians. The guy that intervened there got shot but survived.

But of course you would never claim "hatemongering" from Muslims leads to this exact same scenario. Nope, you'd never start a thread about that.

If this were a Muslim anywhere in the West, there would be five threads on it already. But this is a good ole American boy; a guy who doesn't like Muslims or a lot of other folks different from him. Exercising his American right of free speech, he was ranting against this one and that one on a train in Portland Oregon last night. He turned his focus on two Muslim girls in the car, one wearing a hijab. Two guys intervened and were killed by Christian. A third is in the hospital but expected to be okay.

Crickets here. You guys are making me sick with your whining about violent liberals, playing that same video from months ago of protesters breaking windows at Berkeley. This is violence too. But it's okay to ignore and not condemn because .... why? Guy broke more than windows in his hate.

Portland police: Man yelling ‘hate speech’ on light rail stabs, kills 2 men, injures 1

As noted in the other thread, this is exactly what all this bullshit hatemongering leads to. And now we're getting killed for it. Sure ain't gonna slow me down though.

Not unlike that other bigot hatemonger who opened fire on some Indians. The guy that intervened there got shot but survived.
I hunted a long time to make sure there were no other threads on this, and while I was compiling mine, so were you. I asked Aye to merge it with yours.

No, it shouldn't slow anyone down, but jiminy crickets, it sure seems safer to do it here than on a train.

Hang the individual and be done woth. Forget mental illness, forget sympathy, and remember the individual deserve the same type of death he gave to those he killed.

Just do it this way and watch how quickly all sides start to behave and stop the bullshit we see today, and yes I also have defended minorities in this country and welcome the day when someone want to end my life for being this way...

Totally agree, Oregon has the death penalty, this is a good time to use it. The issue is the state's death penalty is humane and the guy as you say deserves the same type of death he gave his victims.

It won't happen because of our fucking governor. She is continuing our last liberals governors policy of suspending the death penalty. And I'm not kidding.

But of course you would never claim "hatemongering" from Muslims leads to this exact same scenario. Nope, you'd never start a thread about that.

:dig:

aaaaaaand RIGHT back into it. Another point sails over another pointy head.

See post 12.

And if I forgot to mention it......... :dig:

“He said, ‘Get off the bus, and get out of the country because you don’t pay taxes here,’ [he said he] doesn’t like Muslims, they’re criminals,”.

What like someone who murders two people? The same mindset for one of these religious whackjobs who think abortion is murder and murder is wrong so they murder a doctor. A mind that has short-circuited.

Every side has it's whackjobs.

End of discussion.

This guy must have been on drugs or had mental issues.

Also, it might be good for people to know that if they get in the middle of something like this....they are not dealing with someone who is rational. Did the second guy not learn from what happened to the first ?

I hunted a long time to make sure there were no other threads on this, and while I was compiling mine, so were you. I asked Aye to merge it with yours.

No, it shouldn't slow anyone down, but jiminy crickets, it sure seems safer to do it here than on a train.

Aye, doesn't it. But it's the same rhetoric in text here, that brandishes a knife or a gun there.

Some will recall that klown who went to a movie theater in western Louisiana and opened fire. He had been a poster here before that.

End of discussion.

Yup --- "end of discussion" is always the easy way out. Always preceded by "when 'we' do it they're 'whackjobs', outliers, renegades" --- when ''they' do it, it becomes "they all look alike to me".

Secondly liberals have a funny way of defining hate speech! They tend to dub any speech they disagree with hate speech. And that terrorist Obama gave his freedom? He bombed America over a hundred times and killed people and the liberals call him a freedom fighter. Yes, and he is the honoree in a parade in NYC. So, tell us about hate speech. Let us define that!
I think you're deflecting.
We ARE telling you about hate speech. And where it leads. Can you say anything about THAT?

“He said, ‘Get off the bus, and get out of the country because you don’t pay taxes here,’ [he said he] doesn’t like Muslims, they’re criminals,”.

What like someone who murders two people? The same mindset for one of these religious whackjobs who think abortion is murder and murder is wrong so they murder a doctor. A mind that has short-circuited.

End of discussion.

Also, it might be good for people to know that if they get in the middle of something like this....they are not dealing with someone who is rational. Did the second guy not learn from what happened to the first ?

I hardly ever read anyone on here say that Muslims who engage in violence must have been on drugs or mentally ill. In fact, I'll go so far as to say I've never read that. It's always blamed on their religion and culture.

But the white guy spouting anti-Muslim hatred must be "mentally ill."

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder --- not only is our guy a freak aberration, but we have all these "get out of guilt free" cards to excuse him. Drugs, mental issues, but no way his religion because that would be stupid.

Amazing. Here's a post that actually suggests it's dangerous to oppose bigotry at the risk of one's own life. Not too subtle, is it?

Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train

>> May 26: A man riding the MAX [light rail service] in Northeast Portland [Oregon] fatally stabbed two passengers who tried to stop him from hurling racial and anti-Muslim insults at women on the train, witnesses tell WW's news partner KATU-TV.

The suspect is currently in Portland police custody. The stabbing occurred at about 4:30 this afternoon as the light-rail train pulled into the Hollywood Transit Center.

Details of the triple stabbing, which killed two men, are still emerging. But eyewitness reports to KATU and The Oregonian indicate it was an anti-immigrant hate crime.

Witnesses told KATU’s Joe Douglass the stabbing suspect was hurling racial insults at two women with dark skin, one of whom was wearing a headdress. Two men who came to the woman’s defense had their throats slashed by the suspect, witnesses said.

Another witness says she saw two women who appeared to be of Middle Eastern-descent get on the train. At least one of them was wearing a headdress. The suspect was asking them questions when he got belligerent. When another bystander tried to calm him down, the man took out a knife and began stabbing people.

“He said, ‘Get off the bus, and get out of the country because you don’t pay taxes here,’ [he said he] doesn’t like Muslims, they’re criminals,” Evelin Hernandez said. ....<< (original report --- Willamette Week)

Followup: Perp was White Supremacist who delivered Nazi Salutes and Racial Slurs at "Free Speech" Rally

>> I shook the killer's filthy hand 28 days ago. Mine feels tainted now, as though I somehow sanctioned his act, though I was only trying to get some information out of him.

He had just marched through Montavilla Park chanting "n*gger" and throwing fascist salutes, wearing an American Revolutionary War flag like a cape.

It was this act that sparked the first moment of chaos at the "free speech" rally on April 29 in Montavilla Park, which then proceeded down 82nd Avenue, a miserable replacement for a neighborhood parade canceled due to the threat of political violence. The man in the flag cape was quickly swarmed by scrawny young antifa kids, then by officers from the Portland Police Bureau.

After the scrum dispersed, I stood by watching while police searched his backpack. They seemed to know that, prior to the march, he had posted a Facebook message threatening to "shoot to kill POLICE if they ATTEMPT DISARM" anyone openly carrying a firearm to the rally. <<

Whelp --- this is exactly why we try to control the hatemongers on this site as well. Here, two of us have been slaughtered for standing up against such bigotry.

Looks like he might have taken a page out of the muslim playbook. Ya know kill anyone not like you.

I'm sure he could, but why would he need to? We all know without thinking too hard that terrorists are brainwashed by twisted propaganda interwoven with some religious justifications for murder and suppression of human rights.
What I'm saying is that the twisted propaganda of racism with it's clever modern day justifications is turning out people who are equal abominations. Neither is a good way.

Lib cities are such cesspools.......ride the choo choo they said
Do we know anything other than his color and what he said????

End of discussion.

Yup --- "end of discussion" is always the easy way out. Always preceded by "when 'we' do it they're 'whackjobs', outliers, renegades" --- when ''they' do it, it becomes "they all look alike to me".

You dispute that every side has it's whackjobs ?

Please go ahead.

I absolutely dispute that "every side has it is whackobs" is a sentence in English, which learn you should.

You dispute that the hatemongering on this board is riddled with blatant Double Standard fallacies?

The real problem is, you still see the conservatives on this board as being this slug.

Any true conservative (which you HATE), would have defended this Muslim woman. THIS man is just crazy and angry -- just like the hysterical Trump haters of the left who go around assaulting innocent people simply because of who they voted for.

Forum List

Back